It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Items left behind at my new cabin..is this weird?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:57 PM
link   

(not a pic of my cabin)

We just got a cabin on the lake a few months ago.. and although the foundation and exterior of the cabin is solid..the inside needs a lot of work. We've been going up on the weekends whenever we can to do some demolition. (all the drywall and pretty much the whole inside needs to be gutted) and we are pretty close to having the inside stripped.

This spring we'll be working on remodeling the interior. Basically we just want to get to the point where we can go up and spend the weekend there instead of making day trips. Anyhow, that is not what I wanted to talk about.

What really is weird was the way the cabin was left. The place has a bunch of stuff left inside it that I would think normally people would take when they moved out. New cabinets still in boxes, Beds, all the appliances. In the garage they left lawn mowers and grass seeding spreaders, heaters never opened.. upstairs in the attic there was a height chair with a doll in it.. just boxes and boxes of stuff.

There's a building out back that had been half assed built. The walls made of plywood on the outside, the inside floor looks like that as well. It had a bed, couch, dining room table and such left inside of it. And all along the property line was a bunch of ...well, random stuff. From truck bed liners to bath tubs to aquariums, pallets.. etc.

I'm starting to get creeped out by all the stuff they left..lol. I know that if I was moving out of a house, some of the things they left behind I would've taken with me. Guess I am looking to see if this is normal.. to leave all that stuff behind. The height chair with the baby doll in the attic kinda freaked me out a bit. Why put it in the attic that way?

Also wondering what the creepiest/weirdest thing that others have found in a house they just moved into? Maybe hearing some other peoples stories will subside my worries a bit.

Thanks,
blend57

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Maybe they were moving into a fourth storey apartment?

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57

Also wondering what the creepiest/weirdest thing that others have found in a house they just moved into? Maybe hearing some other peoples stories will subside my worries a bit.

Photos of people laid out in the front room of the house where we now have the pool table.

edit on 4-12-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: blend57

How interesting.
Do you know anything of the people who owned it before?
Not to be morbid but, perhaps they were killed or ugly divorce and just said screw it all.

The house I moved from last had a 'secret' room in the basement. I say secret because it was not mentioned even when we toured the house. We lived there for about a month or so before it was discovered. It was cinder block all around with a big heavy metal door. I suppose it was a 'safe' room or something. I just found it odd, that it wasn't revealed.

Many years ago, I lived in a house and discovered a doll house way back in the eaves (?) of the upstairs when I was moving out. It was 'spooky' for many reasons, the house and the doll house but, that's a story for a different day.

: )

Are you going to keep the items towards your remodeling project? Save some cash?

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Cut the previous owner some slack. It's hard to move the stuff out when you're serving mulitple life sentences for murdering your entire family and disposing of them in the lake.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
we own rental properties.....

...."strange things left behind" takes on a whole, new meaning.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Not only did you buy a house, you managed to pick yourself a bonafide storage hunter's episode.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Sounds like someone died.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Cobaltic1978

Maybe.. you think they would've sold some of that stuff first. Or i would've..if I couldn't take it with me.

AugustusMasonicus

I found some school photos of a little boy..and today, as we were pulling out the cabinets..we found 5 empty pints of whiskey hidden above them..have no idea what that's about..

TNMockingbird

The previous owner was a woman with young kids (thus the school pics) who got in an accident and had to move back home due to being disabled. That's pretty much all we know right now. Not really keeping anything.. the cabinets maybe if they are not too terrible to redo the kitchen with. Just wanting to gut it out and make it our own. There is a lot of "new" stuff there..but a lot of garbage as well.. we are just trying to get it to a point where we can stay a whole weekend and get more done. Right now it is day trips here and there when we have the time.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Maybe the previous owners died and their kids who are financially better off than their parents,didn`t want any of that junk, they didn`t even want the cabin.

maybe the previous owner was sentenced to life in prison for some heinous murder and his relatives sold the cabin for him.

maybe one of the previous owners died in a horrible car accident and their surviving spouse just couldn`t bear to go back up to the cabin to clean up because it would bring back too many memories.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: blend57
I found some school photos of a little boy..and today, as we were pulling out the cabinets..we found 5 empty pints of whiskey hidden above them..have no idea what that's about..

I can tell you the strangest thing found outside the house was a dismembered horse skeleton buried in the back yard.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I cannot tell you how many times I have found a previous tenants forgotten stash left behind.

A civil war era sword

A broad array of embarassing medications for conditions I'd rather die than leave evidence behind of.

Any piece of furniture you can imagine

Old cars

We've had people just walk away from all their belongings before. Which sucks because we then have to store it safely in case they come back for it.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   
theantediluvian

ummmm... there were some plastic waste barrels up there..and I kept thinking about people putting bodies in them with chemicals until they dissolve..checked all of them..they are empty thank the lord..

I dunno if that response is helping...I dun think it is though..but thanks for the nightmares!!

Cobaltic1978

I guess..like a said..it will be a lot of work both inside and outside before we will have it cleaned up. Just was weird how they left things to me I guess..

bigfatfurrytexan

So, you're telling me this is normal then? lol...cuz I would've never guessed in a million years that it was. Just never thought people would leave things that way. Especially when they are trying to sell the house. Dunno..just weird to me...

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
A mummified squirrel in the attic while putting in central air.
Poor lil fella must've been trapped in there over 100 years ago...when they built the place.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

you may have bought an estate left to someone, and they sold it sight unseen. Or maybe they just wanted to extract value without putting in any work.

It sounds like it was being used for storage by someone. And you bought it from someone else. However that would work out (estate, etc)

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
It's possible the previous owner(s) were elderly and died. The family sold the property without cleaning it up first.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I dunno..the land was a great buy..so the real investment was that. The cabin an added bonus.Maybe they just didn't care as you said. But it was a good deal either way. Just was kind of amazed and taken aback by what was left behind..as well as a bit creeped out.

IAMTAT

So much left there..every time someone mentions something, I am thinking "yeah, there was something similar left at the cabin". Too much to list I guess.. (except the dead squirrel, haven't found that yet) I'm almost positive I will though..lol

PorteurDeMort

I know they moved back home near their parents. The woman was in a car accident and disabled. So, maybe that fact alone is why they left everything there. She had kids and possibly just took what she could and left..

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I was thinking haunted house until everyone came along with reasonable explanations.

Good luck with the cabin and make some money selling those items you don't want or need.

Why do people find dolls creepy? I love dolls!

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

If i had that cabin, id probably have a problem coming back to society..

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
As long as you dont find a copy of the necronomicon in the basement I think you'll be ok.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join