It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland officials fear up to 40 dead in warehouse party fire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: butcherguy

Yea when my friend at work showed me the pics I was like damn...the entire place was wood. He was saying it wasn't at all up to code and I guess the stairs to the second floor were stacked pallets. It's a wonder more people didn't get trapped.

I wonder how many candles were being used for lighting? We all know how cool candles are for mood lighting. Sounds like the place was a complete fire trap and nobody there considered the potential for a fire, much less the load that the 2nd floor could handle or how to evacuate in case of an emergency. Totally irresponsible on every side in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Well knowing what I know about house parties with EDM DJs, aka. a rave, is that I'm sure there were a lot of drugs and gettin #ed up... combined with loud music and lots of people packed into somewhere like that and you get very very poor situational awareness. Also judging by what I've seen and heard it didn't look like the place had many exits and they had bars on the windows. I would bet most of those deaths were from that second floor. On Twitter I have seen people saying that at least 2-3 of the DJs are still missing.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I read they didn't have a real staircase up to the second level of the rave. It was just makeshift, so they expect most of the dead and missing will be those who were up on the that second level.

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: FredT

I read they didn't have a real staircase up to the second level of the rave. It was just makeshift, so they expect most of the dead and missing will be those who were up on the that second level.

actually spoke to a medic that had responded and according to what a firefighter told her that it was made of wood pallets stacked up (I know third hand information). She is having a hard time processing all of this and she never even got inside and was only near the perimeter. As of the morning reports, 24 have been found in the remains.

Its really weird, Green Day was just on Howard Stern and they talked about their song 'Welcome to paradise" which revolved around them living in an abandoned warehouse for a time when they were starting out with these kinds of parties

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
When sanctuary cities like Oakland promote and foster lawlessness, people ignore laws and safety codes.

This kind of tragedy is the inevitable result.

I agree with what you said.

But "tragedy", it's not.

A tragedy would be something unavoidable, like a random lion running into Taco Bell and eating the customers.

This event was preventable.

By not going into private property.
Or a building that was run down and had 2 exits.

I also cant imagine loud music and drug use saved anyone there.

So, ya, if those people would have gone to a legit night club, this wouldn't be a thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
sad

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join