It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TEDtalks

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
So many are not aware of the information outlets that exist.

I want to make a thread that highlights TEDtalks.

This playlist is really awesome for information about psychology and social issues.

This Talk link is a playlist about mental health. There are bejillions of TEDtalks online.
TEDtalks have enriched my thinking and thought system and understanding at a priceless level. EVERYONE can learn from TEDtalks.

ANyway - in case anyone cares.....I want to start a TEDtalks thread. What's your favorite TEDtalk?

edit on 12/2/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Your video doesn't work?

Nvm..
edit on 09-10-2016 by luciferslight because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

Yeah...sorry, the 'SHARE' function isn't one I'm familiar with. I changed it to a basic url link.

If you can link the vid, please do!

Thanks!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
TEDtalks are like professional conference/convention break-out classes.....
very worthwhile.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I can't pick one. They are all worth watching equally.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

Start at the beginning, then!
None of them are over about 20 minutes long. And they are brilliant.....all of them.

Check out the other "topics" they cover. Thanks for noticing, and

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Oh indeedy. I've been following TED for years....started at Graphene and expanded from there.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I like to watch some of the Ted(Tedx) talks from time to time. Some of the most interesting videos have to do with psychology and magic, and how it correlates to other life experiences.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

Glad to hear that!!! Thanks for participating. What is your favorite topic for TEDtalks?

I can't really pick one either.....they are all so worthy of attention.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Watching your first entry now. THANK YOU!! Brilliant picks!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigsI got you. This is an issue I have much respect for.

Really serious stuff here. I look forward to going over them all through the weekend. thank you for this.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Good call. Some of the talks can be life-changing or even life-affirming imo. I prefer the anthropology and science-based ones, but the motivational ones leave more of an impression.

This one rocked my boat. Not only because of the way he's made; he uses the table as a dramatic device when he's describing hopelessness changing to hope.

The Sam Berns one makes my eyes tear up.

ATS has become more divided than usual and vids like these *should* remind us we're all humans together. Was Sam Berns a Liberal or a Republican? Who gives a F? We're all people trying to make the best with what we have.

Let's explore space. Let's study human consciousness. Let's value our environment and appreciate each other. The TED Talks often represent the best of humanity's ideals.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Isn't she amazing? This is one of the ones I watched before making the thread.

Thanks for being here!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Leonard Susskind - My Friend Richard Feynman

This is just a wonderful talk by one of my favorite people on this planet. He just talks about Feynman in general, what it is like being around a mind like that, and a couple anecdotes. The finish is worth the watch even if you do not know about either person.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Very powerful talk. Thank you.
Never heard of Nick V, but I'm very glad to have seen it.

Thanks.

Sam Berns, yes. Sam is amazing. In fact, I didn't even check your link before I thought "I wonder if she's seen that kid who was like an old man!" So I went to seek it out.....and saw "Oh --- it's Sam Berns!"

Good call right back atcha.

A few months ago my son called me just to say that he'd been listening to "This American Life" on NPR. My daughter often sends me links to TEDtalks....

just 10 years ago I was a break-out session speaker at a national conference......and gave the equivalent of a TEDtalk....

I'm so glad these videos, and all of the "online courses" from brilliant institutions like MIT and others have free access. The internet has changed EVERYTHING.

Let's just hope radio keeps up.

Then again:

Video killed the radio star

Eegads. THAT ^ is an eerily ironic prophecy........I TURNED 21 THAT YEAR.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Out of body phenomena and objective research into it.

Morality being an objective science that can be measured of we want to measure well being and suffering.

Graham Hancock - The War on Consciousness - Banned TED Talk

Prof Franz Hörmann - Banned TED Talk

edit on 2-12-2016 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Fantastic pick!!! Thank you. This is great on so many levels. I have had this thing since I was a kid.....feeling like I was outside of my body and watching it behave....but more like I was a bottle in which "I" floated"....

I call it "expanded head syndrome."

A sort of 'depersonalization' experience where you can observe yourself doing things and say "What the heck am I doing?" Or, "why is my body sitting here?.....

It made me take notice as a kid....and it recurred often as I was growing up. So - when it would happen, I'd think "There's that expanding head feeling again!".......

And I'm still chasing the origin of it. This talk is helping me get more insightful...thanks.

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Very powerful talk. Thank you.
Never heard of Nick V, but I'm very glad to have seen it.

He's got charisma going off the chart and makes a very compelling speaker. He's gone on to be a kind of evangelical speaker which doesn't resonate with me. First impressions count though and the TED Talk strikes a chord. Glad you enjoyed it

Sam Berns? He's a testament to his parents and 'proof' that we can be more than our outward appearance. He's like a lightning rod for our best aspects, right? A rare person in every sense.

I'm so glad these videos, and all of the "online courses" from brilliant institutions like MIT and others have free access. The internet has changed EVERYTHING.

Definitely. It's all about focus

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

He's got charisma going off the chart and makes a very compelling speaker. He's gone on to be a kind of evangelical speaker which doesn't resonate with me.

Yes. I rather thought that's what he would wax into during that talk. He came ever-so-close...but did not quite go all that way. Bummer if he did.

Yeah. Anyway -

so ----- Sam was fantastic. There is something that compels me to hear out the disadvantaged. To want to know their stories, their struggles, their challenges and joys.

Thanks again for being here!

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Nick V? Any port in a storm when it comes to beliefs. Gotta respect him

Sam Berns' talk is on 19 million views and calls to mind the metaphorical butterfly flapping its wings. A lot of the viewers will have had epiphanies or a couple of moments' thought. Some lives are exemplars for the rest of us...if we're paying attention.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join