It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isaac Koi to leave UFOlogy after Ted Roe NARCAP allegedly threatens to expose his anonymity.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: thepixelpusher

Erica? Dat you honey? Go back to your Jazzercise videos dear.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher
a reply to: AceWombat04
He is not a team player...
If "being a team player" to you means agreeing with Donald Schmitt that the Roswell slide shows an alien, and not mentioning what the caption really says, then I think we are much better off having someone focused on revealing the truth instead of agreeing with other researchers like Schmitt who got it wrong.

Other researchers who are also focused on revealing the truth, like members of the Roswell Slides Research Group, posted endorsements of Isaac Koi on facebook so people who have worked on a team with him had very good things to say in support of him, and their comments contradict your notion about his team player abilities.

edit on 2016127 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arbitrageur
Ted Roe put his name behind his comments but by referring to Isaac as "it" and other demeaning comments he has brought shame on his own character regardless of his anonymity.

Absolutely, and I agree, as I previously stated in prior posts in this thread. That wasn't the point I was making.

As for his attempts to "ridicule" Isaac buy doing so, it seems he was largely successful and most people support Isaac Koi and think the ridicule attempt backfired and reflects badly ion the accuser Roe rather than reflecting badly on Isaac. So I think your observations are way off here.

Again, as I stated in my previous posts, I agree. That wasn't the point I was making either.

That Isaac prefers to maintain his anonymity by leaving ufology doesn't lessen the contributions he has already made nor the respect he has already earned in any way and I'm surprised that your comments seem to infer otherwise. It's unfortunate if he won't be able to make further contributions but none of what's happened has detracted from or affected the credibility of the contributions he has already made.

You are inferring that from my post, I was not inferring that. I have already specifically and particularly expressed my feelings on that matter, the only point I was reiterating was that no matter the rights and wrongs, the blow was effective, IssacKoi was threatened and to prevent that threat from being carried out, however unjust and unfounded, forced IssacKoi to step down.
edit on 7-12-2016 by Anaana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   

You obviously have no idea of his efforts behind the scene because he isn't spoon feeding it to you. Ufology wouldn't miss you either.. It would suffer a loss if Isaac left.

Forums.. everyone had fake names and pictures. No one cared. I understand his reasons just as the rest of us do. Maybe you don't value your job as much or maybe you just don't have one to value. Either way.. none of us here give a crap about your opinion.

How many groups are there? How many teams worldwide for how many years.. all doing something. Nothing has changed. People work alone because it is easier than listening to someone whining about how, who, what, persnickety frick it.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

Erica? Dat you honey? Go back to your Jazzercise videos dear.

No, I'm not Erica and I don't Jazzercise.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: infomaniachousewife

You obviously have no idea of his efforts behind the scene because he isn't spoon feeding it to you. Ufology wouldn't miss you either.. It would suffer a loss if Isaac left.

Forums.. everyone had fake names and pictures. No one cared. I understand his reasons just as the rest of us do. Maybe you don't value your job as much or maybe you just don't have one to value. Either way.. none of us here give a crap about your opinion.

How many groups are there? How many teams worldwide for how many years.. all doing something. Nothing has changed. People work alone because it is easier than listening to someone whining about how, who, what, persnickety frick it.

You don't what you're talking about.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: horatio321

It's not often I post, but I'll make an exception here. I take people as I find them, anonymous or otherwise. Nothing I've read in Isaac's brilliant threads has ever come across as egomaniac. The thing is, Isaac's personal research doesn't have to be team based, further more, he shares his findings with the world. I don't really see how teaming up with people who get everything arse backwards is going to help, frankly.

Take 10 researchers and expect 10 different results. Certain people didn't like the fact that Isaac's research is meticulous and arrived at a conclusion they didn't personally want to hear. It's really that simple. I respect people's right to remain anonymous, especially when they do the kind of job Isaac does. Who in their right mind would share who they are, what they do, where they live etc etc on a public forum? That kind of information is surely reserved only for those we trust.

The people who kicked off over Isaac's excellent work are clearly not to be trusted. They've only served to shoot THEMSELVES in the foot. Both feet actually. I personally look forward to Isaac moving on from this and changing his mind about leaving Ufology. His threads are needed.

So ask yourself why Isaac didn't communicate with the Roswell Silde team to reveal what they found on the plaque by their software inspection. No they had figured it out and waited until the Jaime Madison reveal to ridicule the presenters. Poor team player playing politics and adding ridicule to the subject. Isaac may have had good research skills, but that was eclipsed by poor team playing skills with an ego that didn't play well with others. Face it, when the simple question of his identity came up, he bolted? Ask yourself why he is hiding in the shadows while others feel free to be identified. I know Isaac is striking out critically at other Ufologists and I bet they are tired of him playing games from the shadows. Not cool.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Arbitrageur

I saw that Isaac was all too eager to keep his research into the Roswell mummy slides to a small circle outside the original mummy slides investigation team and laid in wait to ridicule other primary investigators instead of sharing his research. I don't laud Issac like the others because I was aware of his actions. Maybe the others didn't see his actions and his petty differences and his acting out over it. I suspect his identity was brought up for deeper reasons than have been shared by him. Finally, all good researchers are challenged. If he cannot take it, he doesn't have the qualities needed to be an investigator.

Untrue. I was there, and watched it happen in real time. The deblurring was done after the BeWitness show. Isaac was not taking the lead in this, but a played a crucial supporting role. His most significant contribution relating to this was to set up the process by which others could independently verify the deblurring results, and he posted that here on ATS. The actual timeline for the deblurring has been published, I have my own records. and can provide screenshots as evidence if needed.

There was no laying in wait. Initially, the RSRG was going to publish a group report, but was not satisfied a definite conclusion had been reached. Instead, it was agreed that individual members could publish their analysis based on the group's research. Many did so, including myself, and in those many articles, the work of Issac was clearly acknowleged.

Curt Collins
edit on 7-12-2016 by CardDown because: Added link

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Jaime Madison ?

If you mean Jaime Maussan my memory is he was charging money to see it before it was made available for all to see which kinda gave the game away as to what this was really about.

Ask yourself why he is hiding in the shadows while others feel free to be identified.

Because he's a professional in a serious profession , I understand why a barrister wouldn't want to associated with a fringe subject like Aliens and UFOs .... why can't you ?

edit on 7-12-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:33 AM
link   
And more to the point - to add to gortex's and reiterate my own earlier one- it's simply his choice. Why does there need to be further explanation than that? Not everyone wishes to or can be a public figure. That doesn't diminish their contributions.

I swear, there's a real meanness that is taking hold these days, against anyone and anything people can't directly personally relate to or understand. And it's quite disturbing and frightening, because increasingly it takes the form of feeling like it's perfectly fine to, or to justify, playing with people's lives. Not okay.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardDown

a reply to: Arbitrageur

I saw that Isaac was all too eager to keep his research into the Roswell mummy slides to a small circle outside the original mummy slides investigation team and laid in wait to ridicule other primary investigators instead of sharing his research. I don't laud Issac like the others because I was aware of his actions. Maybe the others didn't see his actions and his petty differences and his acting out over it. I suspect his identity was brought up for deeper reasons than have been shared by him. Finally, all good researchers are challenged. If he cannot take it, he doesn't have the qualities needed to be an investigator.

Untrue. I was there, and watched it happen in real time. The deblurring was done after the BeWitness show. Isaac was not taking the lead in this, but a played a crucial supporting role. His most significant contribution relating to this was to set up the process by which others could independently verify the deblurring results, and he posted that here on ATS. The actual timeline for the deblurring has been published, I have my own records. and can provide screenshots as evidence if needed.

There was no laying in wait. Initially, the RSRG was going to publish a group report, but was not satisfied a definite conclusion had been reached. Instead, it was agreed that individual members could publish their analysis based on the group's research. Many did so, including myself, and in those many articles, the work of Issac was clearly acknowleged.

Curt Collins

Curt were there calls to the RSG or info shared on this immediately? Only thing I saw was the ridicule posted all over the web coming from Isaac's team. Not shedding light to others, but ridicule. How does that help the UFO cause? He ridiculed good people on ATS who hadn't yet been able reproduce his results. He had a bone to pick with other UFOlogists. He wanted his ego to shine, by destroying and slandering others. I read comments that he and others on his team posted on other webpages discussing the Roswell Slides. He was more a divider than uniter. He worked at making enemies of certain UFOlogists just because he thought he was better, and he maybe was on one thing because he didn't share his research at first, but used it as a ridicule hammer. I was here and watched it unfold too Curt and his behavior was distasteful, and not fitting of a an investigator.
edit on 7-12-2016 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Jaime Madison ?

If you mean Jaime Maussan my memory is he was charging money to see it before it was made available for all to see which kinda gave the game away as to what this was really about.

Ask yourself why he is hiding in the shadows while others feel free to be identified.

Because he's a professional in a serious profession , I understand why a barrister wouldn't want to associated with a fringe subject like Aliens and UFOs .... why can't you ?

Yes, autocorrect changed Jaime's name for me.

You feel the subject of UFOlogy is fringe!? Aliens fringe!? Michio Kaku is a distinguished world renown scientist who doesn't fear to go on TV to talk to the world about this. Is Isaac more renowned than Michio? I would not fear putting my name and background on the dust jacket of a book about the subject. Sorry but Isaac has shown he isn't up to the challenge of a real researcher, but more an armchair investigator. He apparently runs away from controversy when it's about him, making him a poor choice for an investigator. He needs balls like Stanton Friedman. Who, I might ad, was a nuclear scientist who also didn't shrink away from embracing the topic publicly. That's a guy with a steel constitution. So a simple Barrister should cower about his participation in the subject? Face it Isaac doesn't have what it takes and got scared away by one researcher that likely had enough of Isaacs armchair sidelines criticisms and asked who the crap he was telling better overall researchers that they suck. If Isaac is so great why isn't he out there publicly selling his books and doing investigations full time!? Isaac claim to fame is not working with the UFO community to offer research procedures or strategies to move things forward, but shines his ego to a glossy shine and delights in rubbing others noses in any mistakes they make. There is no huge banner on the web bidding Isaac goodbye with a farewell cake because he is Not legendary. Only legendary for taking more potshots at people than building research techniques for all to use in the UFO research field.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

You feel the subject of UFOlogy is fringe!?

Yes.

Michio Kaku is a distinguished world renown scientist who doesn't fear to go on TV to talk to the world about this.

Michio is a theoretical physicist , his business is thinking outside of the box.

Sorry but Isaac has shown he isn't up to the challenge of a real researcher, but more an armchair investigator.

I'm an armchair investigator (desk chair actually) , I don't publish my research or , as Isaac has been doing , collate and publish historical UFO material that would otherwise by lost to the sands of time.

Bullying someone out of the subject who is prepared to put in the work , contact copyright holders and publish not for profit or self promotion is sad beyond belief .... WTF does it matter what he calls himself when the produces the goods time and time again.

People need to take a step back and look at what they are doing here.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Isaac has made enemies within the community for his ridicule, when he could have made it for sharing research skills. His choice. He was not bullied. He just can't take what he dishes out.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

...his ridicule,...what he dishes out.

Examples, please.

Links or it didn't happen.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Read the Roswell Slides thread on ATS for examples. You can choose to deny the sun rose this morning too.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Isaac has made enemies within the community for his ridicule, when he could have made it for sharing research skills.

He showed some people they were wrong , they got upset and took it personally , now they want blood.

He has shared his researching skills and given advice for people who want to research the subject themselves.

Rather than simply moan about it, a few years ago I decided that it would be useful to draw together some references to books and other material. I’ve previously circulated a 1,800 page Chronology which attempted to draw together references relating to some of the more frequently discussed matters in the history of Ufology and SETI (see Section 2.3 below).

However, that Chronology was aimed at researchers that wanted to find references to discussion of a particular incident or document, rather than providing recommendations for reading for those new to ufology. There are, of course, already a number of lists of recommending reading online, but few of these lists take into account the cost of the books recommended. However, for a relatively small amount of money, it is possible to buy a fairly informative set of UFO books that would take your level of understanding beyond that evident in most on-line discussions of this topic.

I’ll post recommendations for a cheap “starter pack” (based on a budget of, say, $30 or $50) in another post. However, I’ll start with this post on material which can be obtained for free.
Free UFO reasearcher pack

All for free

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

He showed some people they were wrong , they got upset and took it personally , now they want blood.

Only in the movie playing in your mind. Isaac is more famous for trying to discredit other researchers than his own research skills. Shame because Issacs research is stellar. I'd readily agree to that. I applaud his selfless time and effort. Bottom line is he has an ego that picks fights instead of joining hands with most other researchers.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   

The only ego I've seen in all this is that of Ted Roe , he seems to see himself as the Don of Ufology with the power to say who can and can't be involved in the subject.

This sorry episode really is a new low in the subject , very sad.

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   

You made the claim.

Put up or shut up.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join