It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest: 5 Nevada counties to recount presidential race

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Roque De La Fuente (Reform Party) has requested a recount in 5 Nevada Counties.

De La Fuente finished last in the state but this week requested a recount in Nevada, a state Democrat Hillary Clinton won. De La Fuente says he wants to counterbalance a recount Green Party candidate Jill Stein requested in Wisconsin, which President-elect Donald Trump won.

As previously reported, the Green Party has been very critical of Jill Stein's recount requests. The states she is targeting are only those that Trump won. Her actions have been viewed by many, including within the Green Party, as giving an appearance of support for Hillary Clinton.

The Latest: 5 Nevada counties to recount presidential race

At least De La Fuente is trying to balance that a bit.
It's not much, but at least he picked a good state.

Nevada Deputy Secretary of State for Elections Wayne Thorley said Wednesday that state law requires the five counties — Carson City, Douglas, Mineral, Nye and Clark — to begin the recount within five days and to complete it within five additional days.

Thorley says if recount results show a discrepancy of at least 1 percent for De La Fuente or Clinton, a full state recount will be launched.

Nevada Results

CLINTON, HILLARY 47.92% 539,260 VOTES
TRUMP, DONALD J. 45.50% 512,058 VOTES

Clinton won Nevada by 27,202 votes.

De La Fuente withdrew his petition for the recount in Wisconsin.

One of the two candidates who filed for a recount in Wisconsin's presidential election said he is withdrawing his petition because it is "cost prohibitive."

“I do not want to favor one candidate over another," De La Fuente said in a statement. "My only interest is to create a nationwide awareness of the vulnerability of our election system and to do everything possible to assure that your vote counts for the candidate for whom it is cast."

The candidate would have had to split the estimated $3.5 million cost of a recount in Wisconsin with Dr. Jill Stein, the nominee for the Green Party. Stein will now have to cover the entire cost of the recount, which she has called "exorbitant."

source

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   
S&F

Nothing wrong with letting them run a re-count.

As long as the losers pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay and pay ...

+7 more 
posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

I voted for Stein because she wasn't Hillary and holds a few of my ideals on her platform. I view her recount and where she's focusing them a betrayal, the whole reason many of us voted for her is the was the most liberal person not Hillary. She'll never get my vote again for this fiasco, she has exposed herself as a sell out.

posted on Dec, 1 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: BlueAjah

I voted for Stein because she wasn't Hillary and holds a few of my ideals on her platform. I view her recount and where she's focusing them a betrayal, the whole reason many of us voted for her is the was the most liberal person not Hillary. She'll never get my vote again for this fiasco, she has exposed herself as a sell out.

Glad you came to that conclusion. Turns out both Sanders and Stein were Hillary's puppets

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

You forgot that stoner dude they put in ,pretty evident that he was bankrolled to offset the vote too,Gary Johnson,Bernie and Stein,all paid by George Soros,and she still lost

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A few more details regarding the recount:

The recount will be held in Carson City, Douglas, Mineral, Nye, and Clark counties, with Fuente putting up the estimated cost of $14,000. The state of Nevada allows any candidate to file for a recount, as long as they cover the estimated cost of the proposed recount.

The cost is smaller in the State of Nevada compared to other states, because state workers will only count votes counted for Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and Fuente. If the 5-county recount a difference from the original count of greater than 1 percent, then all votes across the state will be recounted by hand.

Third Party Candidate Files For Nevada Recount For $14,000

posted on Dec, 4 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
At first I wondered why De La Fuente asked for recounts in 4 counties that Trump won and only one that Clinton won.

Then I looked at the results by county.
silverstateelection.com...
www.politico.com...

Clinton only won 2 out of 17 counties in Nevada.
They were the 2 with the highest populations, which seems to fit the pattern in most states where she won.

Trump won overwhelmingly in 15 counties.
Clinton won by 1.3% in Washoe, and by 10.6% in Clark.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
At first I wondered why De La Fuente asked for recounts in 4 counties that Trump won and only one that Clinton won.

Then I looked at the results by county.
silverstateelection.com...
www.politico.com...

Clinton only won 2 out of 17 counties in Nevada.

Amazing how little they would have to control to rig an entire election.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
We all know the recount is a scam. First of all they are trying to delay the Dec. 19th deadline so Trump loses out on the electors. Plus, why would you do a recount. You need to do an audit. A recount would just count the same way as the initially did it so you won't find much discrepancy. Third Jill got most of the money over night, which means some big players are in on it. She couldn't even fundraise that much money for a entire year in the presidential election. 4th why are the recounts in all of Trump wins? When the highest fraud cases would be CA and Nevada.

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: amfirst1

I agree about Stein. The thing is - this Nevada recount was not started by Stein.
It was started by Roque De La Fuente (Reform Party).
Clinton won in Nevada, so it makes this recount a bit different.

I have not quite figured out if De La Fuente's intentions are good or not.
He claims to be doing this to counter Stein's recount choices.

edit on 12/5/16 by BlueAjah because: eta

posted on Dec, 5 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What's the status on the presidential recount in Nevada?

Three of the five counties involved in Nevada's presidential recount are expected to finish by Monday, Deputy Secretary of State for Elections Wayne Thorley said.

Nye County finished last week and Carson City and Douglas should wrap up Monday, Thorley said. Clark County, because of its sheer size, could take the entire week.

Thorley didn't know the status of Mineral County's recount effort.

Thorley said Sunday was the last day for counties to begin their recounts, and counties must finish recounting ballots by Friday. He said the Nevada Secretary of State's office would release all of the updated numbers at the same time, likely early the following week.

edit on 12/5/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
posting relevant post from another thread

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: UKTruth

I hope that the GOP lawyers in the PA case are smart enough to use that ruling as part of their argument.

With Michigan looking done and the Wisconsin recount finding no issues, it appears that PA is irrelevant anyway.
The recount I am most interested is in Nevada. The results of the 5 county count are due tomorrow. De La Fuente has consistently said for months that his votes were being given to Clinton. He's no fan of Trump or Clinton.

View from 21 minutes:

...and...

"
HUUUGE NEVADA VOTER FRAUD UNCOVERED? WORSE THAN ACORN

December 1, 2016
Today, Megan Barth interviewed Republican Assembly Candidate for District 15, Stan Vaughan, with actual proof of massive voter fraud in his Clark County district. Vaughan brought into the NEWSMAXTV Las Vegas studio and laid it out for all to see, US postal service certified returned mail from 9,200 voters in District 15.

Many of the people who were listed as deceased are still on the active voter rolls today. Many of the returned mail came back with 5 people living in a vacant lot with no mail receptacle. Edward Snowden, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings and dozens of movie stars were registered to vote in District 15 according to Mr. Vaughan. Mr. Vaughan tested a sample of 200 people of the 9,200 return mail and found that 185 of those had indeed voted. Mr. Vaughan and many others have testified that they went to the polls to vote only to be told they had voted already. They were given a provisional ballots which would only be counted if the total vote count was within 1% according to poll supervisors. According to Mr. Vaughan, there were other serious voting system irregularities he documented, including early voting numbers flipping day to day.

A total number of 17,086 votes were cast in District 15 for both Republican and Democrat candidates. 9,200 voters on the voter rolls who, by law, should not be on the voter rolls is a huuge discrepancy. Vaughan reported the certified returned mail issue to Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske, who according to Vaughan, sent the issue back to Clark County to investigate itself. President Donald Trump lost by only 27,000 votes statewide in Nevada. So 9,200 fraudulent voters in one small Assembly district equals 1/3 almost of the total margin.

Megan Barth said “The Main Stream Media attacked Donald Trump this week for claiming there were millions of illegal votes cast. Well it appears Nevada, which has voted for the winner of the Presidency for the past 108 years may have been stolen and must be investigated by the Feds. Not Obama feds but incoming Attorney General Jeff Session must investigate this issue.”

Senator Sessions Senator Phone Number: (202) 224-4124

Rob Lauer Political Reporter

NEWSMAXTV LAS VEGAS
"

edit on 12/8/16 by BlueAjah because: fixed quote

edit on 12/8/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Partial recount of Nevadans’ presidential ballots confirms Nov. 8 results

CARSON CITY — A limited recount of presidential ballots cast in Nevada confirmed the results of the Nov. 8 election and eliminated the possibility of a statewide recount, the secretary of state’s office said Thursday.

The partial recount in 92 precincts, requested and paid for by independent candidate Roque “Rocky De La Fuente, “yielded no change in the number of votes cast for him,” said Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske.
The recounts did result in nine fewer votes for Democrat Hillary Clinton and six fewer for Republican Donald Trump, but no other changes were identified, the Secretary of State’s Office said in a news release.

posted on Dec, 9 2016 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: Gothmog

You forgot that stoner dude they put in ,pretty evident that he was bankrolled to offset the vote too,Gary Johnson,Bernie and Stein,all paid by George Soros,and she still lost

Do you have any proof of stein and Johnson being paid by George Soros?

new topics

top topics

join