It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has 2016 been crappier than most years on the whole or is it just me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My own personal 2016 has been on the whole not a particualarly good one, a major upheaval in my life, not seeing my son for several months and loosing my battle not only with alcohol but reverting to other substances and nearly dying was not a particularly pleasurable experience and that is only a few of the things that made it a pretty crappy year for me personally.

As I look to my own private network of friends it's a similar story, it seems like so much tragedy and misfortune all came in the past 12 months or so, far more than is normal.

ATS seems to have had a rough time as well, we have actually lost some members and others have gone postal and are no longer here, there seems to have been far more plea's for help in overcoming dire situations than normal and many tears have been shed in the off topic forums, there are several members that are in far from ideal situations right now and a certain amount of helplessness is sitting uncomfortably inside me right now.

So has it been a bad year or a really bad one? are we through the worst of it or is more to come?

My own circumstances are far from ideal but there is the glimmer of a light at the end of the tunnel and I hope that it growns brighter not just for me but for all of us.
edit on 27/11/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
ATS seems to have had a rough time as well, we have actually lost some members and others have gone postal and are no longer here...

The good news is I am still here to torment you.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

ATS seems to have had a rough time as well, we have actually lost some members and others have gone postal and are no longer here...

The good news is I am still here to torment you.

And the glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel dissapeared and there was only a cold harsh darkness....

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Well, you did ask if it was going to get worse or not.

It just got worster.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   

I love your introspective and heartfelt posts.

Thank you.

The hard times seemed particularly hard. Harder than normal if that makes sense. There did seem to be more of them but, I think that may just be the times we are living in.

There were many good times as well. I prefer to try to stay focused on those.

Good luck on your continuing struggles, my friend and stay focused on that light.

P.S. Good to note that 2016 is almost over.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Dont worry . The lights from an oncoming train .

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Dont worry . The lights from an oncoming train .

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Apparently years involving the death or near-death of people closest to us tend to make for years that are kind of crappy. Someone close to me died and my life sort of went in the sewer for a while. I know someone who's husband died and she was depressed for years.

I think what we have to do is be able to detach from that which we love. I know Buddhists tend to try that but I know don't how that works out for them.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: fractal5

Apparently years involving the death or near-death of people closest to us tend to make for years that are kind of crappy. Someone close to me died and my life sort of went in the sewer for a while. I know someone who's husband died and she was depressed for years.

I think what we have to do is be able to detach from that which we love. I know Buddhists tend to try that but I know don't how that works out for them.

One noticeable absense from my own past 12 months is the death of a friend, there tends to be at least one fewer on my Christmas card list every year and touching wood this may be a break from the tradition

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This year has been terrible for my family. I'm ready for 2017...hoping it will be much better.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
2016 has been a great year for me.
Nobody has died "yet"
The kid is doing well in school and athletics.
Cubs win the World Series.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Not really!

Being able to stay vertical, smells like victory, no matter how you slice it.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yeah man you're right. Very # year all round. Also good though in many ways, like a year of both extremes. Life and death.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kentuckymama
This year has been terrible for my family. I'm ready for 2017...hoping it will be much better.

I'm sorry you and your family are not doing well.

To a better year in 2017 for you.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

All subjective to our own perspective, I hope next year is a better one for you, Me compared to other years in my recent past? Indifferent really. Not terrible and not great, just so so. As for the World we live in, there are many serious issues that have reared their ugly heads and I do not think we have seen the end of it.

The carry over into the next year will be severe and with dire consequences I suspect.

Ticking time bombs everywhere. Human nature and Mother nature have many things in store for us to deal with. Sadly, there will be many lives lost and there will not be much we can do about it. This past year, I think has just been a hiccup and we will be dealing with major BURPS soon followed by BELCHES and VOMITING and SOILED PANTIES when the real SHTF!

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It has been a difficult year for me as well, but here toward the ending of it, I, like you see a glimmer of hope.

The thing that keeps me going is the knowledge that no matter how difficult things have seemed this year, they could have been far, far worse for me personally.

The most difficult thing for me has been that I seem to have lost focus some how. Its as if I can't see the forest for the trees, I can't get in tune and I can't stay on task. I am missing something; I can feel all the turmoil of the world swirling around me, but I can't get any sense of the direction things are going, or drifting. Maybe that's the problem, there is no direction, just aimless drift.

As a cure, I've decided to turn off the TV for a bit; its oppressive and actually the tone and mood of this election season has been oppressive. Its almost as if all of the news channels have collaborated to utterly confuse and depress people.

I hope things get better for you; the alcohol problem is a tough one and I battle a bit with that one as well from time to time. Good luck in the coming year.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

It is a trend that is growing geometrically on the planet!
It will get much worse before getting better, in a couple centuries.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Here's hoping for a better times ahead for you.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It is good to unplug sometimes.

When I start feeling a little overwhelmed with it all I go to the woods, as deep and far as I can get in there.

I don't want to hear passing cars and if I am lucky no airplanes overhead.

I could stay there for hours reflecting, clearing my thoughts, dreaming awake and enjoying the quiet beauty.

Those rare times are precious but, they do help me at least.

I hope next year is better.

posted on Nov, 27 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Thanks and for you as well.

I'm about as far in the woods as you can get!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join