It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trouble in paradise: Breitbart calls Donald Trump out for ‘broken promise’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
'Br oken Promise': Breitbart Leads Backlash Against President-Elect Trump for Decision on Hillary Clinton

The honeymoon is over, folks. Already. And you haven't even consummated the deal yet.

Trouble in paradise: Breitbart calls Donald Trump out for ‘broken promise’

Yeah, so. It's all over the web above the fold.....
just wondered what you all think about it.

Obvi Trump is already back-pedaling on all of his promises. You all okay with that? Better decide in a hurry, because the electoral college votes on Dec 19 and then there are no more "take backs." Please pay attention - he hasn't even got started yet, and he's admitting that he was just egging everyone on, with no intention of doing anything. He was just your "tool", your "puppet" who said out loud what you all wanted....and wanted to hear.

But here's the thing:

None of those words are going to translate into actual things.

edit on 11/23/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: Hoping to help spread awareness

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Its not up to Donald to prosecute Hillary, thats for the DOJ and FBI. But we saw their loyalty during numerous investigations, roasting and hearings, din we...

+7 more 
link   

I am actually OK with most of the things he is back-pedalling on.

Glad, actually, for a lot of them. I'm way more moderate than what he was campaigning on and actually HOPED he would reverse his stance on many things he said.

- Election is over, I don't care about Hillary. Spend effort on getting actual things that are important accomplished (economy)
- He will backpedal also on social issues - which I am again OK with.

If he can actually help jobs and the economy, I'm good. I don't care about the fluff.

Now, if I was hardcore alt-right I may think differently - but thank goodness I'm not a complete nutcase

link   
Also, there's this:

The Angry White Man Next Door: hearing out a trump voter

Has an interview a journalist does with @Deplorable Chris who tweeted profanity, violence, hatred, vitriol and unabashed ad hom name-calling. He sits in his fancy house and 'explains' how he was just venting, and he won't let his kids on Twitter until their 30 (or begin dating).

His language truly is deplorable, and he embodies what terrifies us on the other side looking across the chasm with slack-jawed wonder.

It was a roil of anger — calling for punching anti-Trump protesters; endorsing the killing of Muslims in the U.S. and the nuking of Muslim countries abroad; suggesting Hillary Clinton should hang herself; joking that Obama might be shot. He accused Clinton of a career spent killing unborn babies — after having told me in detail that he believed abortion was not the government’s business. He advocated “pitchforks and torches,” having assured me that my fear of violence was baseless.

“That smug c*** has been sitting on that tape just waiting to release it to the media … she’s way behind and desperate,” he wrote after the “Access Hollywood” audio was released.

“Finally someone is speaking to this f***ing witch the way she deserves to be spoken to,” he wrote after the first presidential debate.

“.9% of the US Population is Muslim 63 percent of those are immigrants. Would it really be a big loss if we just got rid of them all?” he asked after the Brussels attacks.

And the day after I’d stopped by, he’d written, “These sensitive frustrated liberals blathering over a Trump win are like spoiled naughty children being scolded for the first time ever,” meaning maybe we hadn’t been sharing in quite as friendly a way as I had thought.

A few days later, I headed back to talk some more. I brought a camera crew because Chris had agreed we could make a video to run with this article. I also brought some printouts from his Twitter feed and warned him in advance I might be reading them aloud in case he wanted his children to leave the room first.

“Chris,” I blurted, cameras rolling. “You ARE the spider.”

You want to know why we are freaking out? This guy is a perfect example.

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well God knows Hillary certainly didn't say anything just to get people to vote for her, right?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TommyD1966

I am actually OK with most of the things he is back-pedalling on.

Glad, actually, for a lot of them. I'm way more moderate than what he was campaigning on and actually HOPED he would reverse his stance on many things he said.

- Election is over, I don't care about Hillary. Spend effort on getting actual things that are important accomplished (economy)
- He will backpedal also on social issues - which I am again OK with.

If he can actually help jobs and the economy, I'm good. I don't care about the fluff.

Now, if I was hardcore alt-right I may think differently - but thank goodness I'm not a complete nutcase

I'm glad of it, too.

It helps the kink in my neck and shoulders, and my breathing. It's been a real nail-biter. So - a tragicomedy, maybe?

The trouble is, he's already agitated them all, and if he backs out now - well, there's gonna be HELL to pay ----

Sometimes I wish I was in the Space Station and could just watch the sparks.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Cross-posting this from another quiet corner:
In today's news:

Trump keeping 'open mind' on pulling out of climate accord; asked on Tuesday whether the United States would withdraw from the accord, the Republican said: “I’m looking at it very closely. I have an open mind to it."

Not going to round up all immigrants

Donald Trump disavows and condemns 'alt-right' (Richard Spencer's meeting)

Going to keep many aspects of Obamacare after talking to Obama

Not going to tear up the "Iran" treaty

Dalai Lama has 'no worries' about President-elect Donald Trump; says campaign promises don't mean anything

Trump begins to back away from campaign vows on Clinton investigation, climate change

ANd oh so so so much more:

Trump began backing off campaign promises Tuesday, including his hard line on climate change and his vow to jail "Crooked Hillary" Clinton that had brought thunderous "Lock her up" chants at his rallies.

*chuckle*

A top adviser said

Trump is now focused on matters that are essential in setting up his administration, not on comments he made during the heat of the campaign.

But wait, there's more!

— Took his strongest stance yet against the "alt-right," a term often used as code for the white supremacist movement. Though members are celebrating his victory, he said, "It's not a group I want to energize. And if they are energized, I want to look into it and find out why."

— Spoke positively not only of fellow Republicans in Congress — "Right now they are in love with me" — but also of President Barack Obama, who he said is "looking to do absolutely the right thing for the country in terms of transition."

Adviser Kellyanne Conway said ... Trump is "thinking of many different things as he prepares to become the president of the United States, and things that sound like the campaign aren't among them."

[He had] angrily barked at her that "you'd be in jail" if he were president.

But now:

"I don't want to hurt the Clintons, I really don't," Trump said in the interview. Sympathetically, he said, "She went through a lot and suffered greatly in many different ways."

Not gonna do all those things his fans are expecting. Nope. NOT. GOING. TO. HAPPEN. And he's not even in office yet!!!
LOL!!! It's a pathetically predictable turn of the tables that many people fell right into....his trap. It was ALL bluster, and NO substance, and now he has been to a couple of "closed door" meetings and he knows what's what.

Gobsmacked, thunderstruck, and utterly out of his depth are terms that come to mind.

If Trump's appointees do not follow through on his pledge to investigate Clinton for criminal violations he accused her of, "it would be a betrayal of his promise to the American people to 'drain the swamp' of out-of-control corruption in Washington," said the group Judicial Watch.

And Breitbart, the conservative news site whose former head, Stephen Bannon, is now a senior counselor to Trump, headlined its story about the switch with "Broken Promise."
LOL!!! Sheesh, you just can't make this stuff up.

he allowed, "I think there is some connectivity" between human activity and climate changes.

But don't go yet! Read the following now and get in on the early-bird smart train to Toldyaso, via the NeenerNeenerExpress! AAA and AARP rate it the top vacation must-go destination for the season, with unlimited seating, opportunities will be ending soon. Keep in mind that it's all free!

Earlier Tuesday, it was confirmed that Trump's charity had admitted it violated IRS regulations barring it from using its money or assets to benefit Trump, his family, his companies or substantial contributors to the foundation.

Yep, lots of "broken promises"....already! Wow!
*adds popcorn to grocery list*
Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!!

edit on 11/23/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: adding links and sources. I'm bored. Have fun everyone......

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Anyone who went into this election and willfully voted for Trump, thinking in the back of their minds that his arms reached high enough to actually prosecute Hillary, was a seriously flawed voter from the start.

In stark contrast, anyone who went into this election already knowing what Presidential limitations exist and took some of his words with the necessary grains of salt, and willfully voted for Trump, are getting exactly what they wanted.

So Breitbart needs to stop inflaming public aggression and instead report from an intellectually honest perspective.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Except with regard to HRC, Trump said yesterday otherwise, once again contradicting his spokespeople:

twitter.com...

Moreover, Congress has another view, with four separate investigations:

biggovernment.news...

With regard to much of the rest, if true, what will the left have to complain about? The horror.

edit on 23-11-2016 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Clinging to straws.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   
It will be interesting here to see if Trump at least backs off of his last 'back off' to smooth things over with Bannon. We need to see here just who will be the president of the US, Trump or Bannon.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Good for breitbart.
Trump needs to have somebody holding him to his campaign promises.
God knows nobody else gets held to theirs.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

This is honestly why I cannot stand nearly all media outlets. It's all at the end of the day, meticulously curated to push whatever the particular media establishments agenda is.

When I was a kid I thought it was the medias duty to report the FACTS and not inflame issues with personal opinions or speculations....... Just give us the facts and buzz off!

-Alee

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

One thing that can truly be said is that the patients are truly running the asylum

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Broken promises and constant lying....Standard political protocol..

For some reason people still avidly/rabidly participate in the ruse..

People get the government they deserve..

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Its not up to Donald to prosecute Hillary, thats for the DOJ and FBI. But we saw their loyalty during numerous investigations, roasting and hearings, din we...

Yea but when he was saying that he was during the campaign trail, it was possible i guess. And all his worshipers and ats squad were rubbing their ti.ts like morons and applauding.
Now its a revelation that he couldn't....
This is why i voted Trump.

edit on 23-11-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Yeah, in that interview the Lead Journalist does with @Deplorable Chris, he says....
and you can hear it come out of his mouth, or read his lips, and you'll know:

Was he my first choice? No. But, at the risk of sounding arrogant, I saw a lot of "me" in Trump.

You all do realize that Bannon's intention was to raze the plot, burn the house of cards, and scrap all of it, right?
You know that about him, right?

edit on 11/23/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   

So I don't get it; for months you have been complaining that Trump was going to do the things he said he was going to do.

Now you are complaining he is not going to do the things he said he was going to do?

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Im still kinda pissed about: "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor, if you like your plan...save the average family $2500 etc..." ad nauseum.

Ill move onto getting mad at Trump once he's actually had a chance to do, or not do what he said.

posted on Nov, 23 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
a reply to: alphabetaone

This is honestly why I cannot stand nearly all media outlets. It's all at the end of the day, meticulously curated to push whatever the particular media establishments agenda is.

When I was a kid I thought it was the medias duty to report the FACTS and not inflame issues with personal opinions or speculations....... Just give us the facts and buzz off!

-Alee

Well, those were my thoughts too...genuine news based on fact.

But ya know what, we people are largely to blame for it if you think about it...the media outlets are simply going where the money is...and if they see high traffic to stories with ZERO basis in reality, and no traffic for those few left that actually report honestly, where do you think they're going to concentrate their efforts?

I honestly see RARE few people that gravitate toward stories, articles, whatever the medium - that shows fact and has value...as though education has become a bad word.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join