It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost In Light (Seeing The Milky Way)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Good day everyone.
I happened upon this video this morning and I wanted to share it with you.
I'm a nature lover and continually seek the quiet and majesty of the wild outdoors.
Quiet from man made noise is extremely difficult within ten miles of civilization.
And because of light pollution to actually see the stars the way that mankind saw them for most of history is almost impossible for most of us.
Thus this video.
It shows in time lapse the night sky from various locations. (Mostly California.)
When it shows the sky at night from Death Valley the heavens are revealed to be what few of us have ever seen.
Yet this is what is there every night, everywhere, if we could turn out the lights.
Not only is there more to the world than we know, there is more that we have forgotten.
Enjoy.

(By the way I always mute the sound on these types of videos. Nature does not need music to be beautiful.)

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Wow! I had no idea the difference was so huge. Thank you so much for showing me.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Several years ago Hurricane Isabel took out the electricity in North Carolina, Virginia, Delaware, and Maryland. No power for four states along the eastern seaboard. It was dark but after the storm had passed the sky was crystal clear and it was bright.
My hubby and I walked down the street to the river bridge to get an open view of the sky and the milky way was revealed to me for the first time. It caught my breath.
Everyone should attempt to get somewhere dark to see it.
Like diamonds...

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Absolutely breath taking! Thanks for sharing this!!!!

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
wow
just wow.
Lights should go out every night at midnight for an hour and let us all see this.

posted on Nov, 18 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It is amazing to see the full nights sky with almost no light pollution.
It is even more amazing to realize that many many people have never seen what is really up there because of light pollution.

s&f

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Simply beautiful.

G

posted on Nov, 19 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre
No words to adequately describe such a spectacular sight. The beauty of it is such that it renders one speechless and breathless in awe and open-mouthed wonder.

I can't stop looking at the last bit of the vid and watching our stunning Milky Way sweep past as our speck of a planet turns in space, I feel so tiny and insignificant. It's quite humbling.

new topics

top topics

join