It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump does another 180 from the campaign...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Trump also criticized the Clinton Foundation for taking millions from countries that murder gay people.
He even said this during a debate.
He has supported the gay community for decades, and yet somehow people got the wrong message.

One difference - to Trump, this is not an important issue to him as president.
He wants to protect the constitutional rights of all Americans.
But he is not going to over regulate on social issues. He has repeatedly said those issues are up to the states.

edit on 11/13/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
A Republican party without the social conservative bent is exactly what this country needs. Welcome to the 21st century.

That is why I voted for him as a liberal.. he guarantees the death of conservatism.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Trump also criticized the Clinton Foundation for taking millions from countries that murder gay people.
He even said this during a debate.
He has supported the gay community for decades, and yet somehow people got the wrong message.

One difference - to Trump, this is not an important issue to him as president.
He wants to protect the constitutional rights of all Americans.
But he is not going to over regulate on social issues. He has repeatedly said those issues are up to the states.

He didn't say. Leave it to the state.. he said it was already decided..in favor of liberals.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

"As for same-sex marriage, Trump said after the Supreme Court ruling last year it’s the law of the land -- and that he is “fine” with that being the case.

I expected this.

Whatever he believes - - I just don't think its something he thinks he should spend time on.

Trump is about money and power.

edit on 13-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

A Republican party without the social conservative bent is exactly what this country needs. Welcome to the 21st century.

That is why I voted for him as a liberal.. he guarantees the death of conservatism.

Conservatism died in the Republican party once Reagan was elected. Now it's just a buzzword they throw around like honey to catch flies.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Conservatism died in the Republican party once Reagan was elected. Now it's just a buzzword they throw around like honey to catch flies.

That's for sure.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

A Republican party without the Social conservative litmus test is just another bunch of democrats.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well if gallup poles can be trusted then, well if they can...

Public support is at 61% for gay marriage, wouldnt it be in Trumps interest to serve what the people in majority want

As for christians, we are to love the LGBT community, as Christ loved and died for all sinners. We are to accept them. Where is the argument.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Maybe he's listening to the voices of the people who are out there protesting, and stinging from his 59% downturn in hotel business after global boycotts. Any changes that he willingly makes now will be better respected than having to blame Hillary for failing to fulfill his campaign promises later.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Is Donald Trump 2016’s most LGBT-friendly Republican?

It’s not the first time Trump has taken a pro-LGBT stance. As far back as 2000, Trump was advocating the idea of amending the 1964 Civil Rights Act to prohibit discrimination based on sexual orientation – something the currently-pending Equality Act would basically do if lawmakers on Capitol Hill ever decided to pass it.

“[A]mending the Civil Rights Act would grant the same protection to gay people that we give to other Americans – it’s only fair,” Trump told The Advocate in February, 2000. In the same interview, Trump said he favored “a very strong domestic-partnership law” that guaranteed same-sex couples equal legal rights as married, heterosexual couples. Trump also said he believed Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell – the military’s then-ban on openly gay service members – had “clearly failed.”

Trump’s spokesperson, Hope Hicks, did not immediately respond to msnbc’s request for comment on where the presidential candidate stood on the Equality Act. But his longstanding support for ending discrimination against gay people has been well documented.

In his 2000 book, “The America That We Deserve,” Trump outlined his dream of a nation “unencumbered by bureaucratic ineptitude, government regulation, confiscatory tax policies, racism, discrimination against women, or discrimination against people based on sexual orientation.” Eleven years later, Trump told CBN’s “The Brody File” that gay people were “tremendous” and that “there can be no discrimination against gays.”

edit on 11/13/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If you guys haven't seen this already, check out the video in this thread. Trump has never been what the MSM portrayed him as. Until this thread I'd never heard him say anything against gay marriage. But then again, I didn't really put too much of my time and/or energy into this election anyways.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
When I voted for him, I wasn't voting on gay marriage.

I was voting to protect my freedom to live and practice my religion. That can be done alongside gays having what they call marriage. That case and argument have existed since the beginning, but the steady encroachment of gays into more and more areas of a person's life where they live their faith has been alarming.

THings like the proposed speech codes in Iowa. Those would have classified even churches as "public accommodation" forcing pastors to have to be PC from the pulpit and opening restroom facilities in defiance of religious belief.

I am honestly trying to figure out how gays encroach on your heterosexual relationship or religion, unless you yourself are trying to deny them something, this one has me baffled. I am going to have go read up on the Iowa laws, but for me, the jury is still out on the transgendered issues, the the trans ladies have been using your restrooms for years.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   

It's equally a death blow for liberalism in the sense that I don't see a lot of the far left collectivist crap surviving either. That crap kills economies and it kills personal liberty.

link   
Trump was never against gay marriage; that was pence and the other establishment republicans.

link   
He is already on record stating "Marriage has got historic, religious and moral content that goes back to the beginning of time, and I think a marriage is as a marriage has always been, between a man and a woman."

Oh...wait. That was a Hillary quote.

Never mind.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Considering Jamie Dixon to be treasury secretary made me think Hillary actually won the election. And now this:

"As for same-sex marriage, Trump said after the Supreme Court ruling last year it’s the law of the land -- and that he is “fine” with that being the case.

“It’s irrelevant because it was already settled. It’s law,” he said. “It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done … these cases have gone to the Supreme Court. They’ve been settled. And-- I th-- I’m-- I’m fine with that.”

That's at least two major flip-flops in 4 days. I told you he was a social liberal. He's going to turn out to be further to the left than Hillary. Hillary is a Nixon Republican. Trump is from New Jersey. Everyone from New Jersey is a social liberal. Trump's entire family is a bunch of social liberals. This presidency is going to make really good poltical theater.

No, this isn't a change, despite what the scaremongering media have suggested, he has never indicated he had an issue with gay marriage.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
I am worried about him appointing wall st insiders in his admin.

But gay marriage. I am glad he is for it, and as others have said, he never said he would be against it.

The funny thing the left Main stream media (you know those folks that showed us all just how credible they were in this election) are reporting these stories like this, and allowing people with pre existing conditions to keep health care as rejecting campaign promises (which they are not).

However, they continue to spew forth how dangerous Trump will be for LGBT people and other groups. You would think they might say "Geez, maybe this shows he is not the Hitler like monster we made him out to be".

But lets be honest, they have no interest in having fair coverage.

His appointments scare me..except the fact he has them all on a leash...

I think he rolls out big inferstructure and spending packages, raises min wage and does a single payer option..

I just don't know if he will care enough to babysit the appointments

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Nice.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

A Republican party without the Social conservative litmus test is just another bunch of democrats.

Ah yes, those progressive democrats that put up a wall st backed candidate that accepts money from the most ideologically illiberal regimes in the world. The democrats that preach tolerance, but seek to silence anyone that disagree with them.

link   

originally posted by: proximo

Considering Jamie Dixon to be treasury secretary made me think Hillary actually won the election. And now this:

“It’s irrelevant because it was already settled. It’s law,” he said. “It was settled in the Supreme Court. I mean it’s done … these cases have gone to the Supreme Court. They’ve been settled. And-- I th-- I’m-- I’m fine with that.”

That's at least two major flip-flops in 4 days. I told you he was a social liberal. He's going to turn out to be further to the left than Hillary. Hillary is a Nixon Republican. Trump is from New Jersey. Everyone from New Jersey is a social liberal. Trump's entire family is a bunch of social liberals. This presidency is going to make really good poltical theater.

No, this isn't a change, despite what the scaremongering media have suggested, he has never indicated he had an issue with gay marriage.

Very true..

Except the wall/immigration his every actual proposal is liberal as hell.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join