It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHAT???? New York Times vows to 'rededicate' paper to reporting honestly///ADMITTED CONSPIRACY???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

When I say the following, I am very serious.

They conspired against the USA.
They conspired to have their candidate elected.
They abuse the freedom of the press that was meant to be a very important faucet in the intricate checks and balances that keep us free.

What should their punishment be?

Or should we forgive and forget?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Well, I certainly can't argue that they've totally and completely violated their ethical obligations, and in the process compromised and perhaps even endangered the well-being of the nation and her people... but I think, technically, that treason requires providing real and material aide to a foreign enemy. Your point is well made though! They're certainly liable for the domestic enemy equivalent -- whatever that would be.

The NYT has been around for a very long long time, and could once again be a great newspaper and provide a great service to the nation. And we cannot forget -- nor minimize -- that freedom of the press also bestows a responsibility upon the reader to judge the information and the source accordingly.

What we don't want is for the government to start deciding who can and cannot exercise their right to freedom of speech and freedom of the press. That's up to us to decide who we read or watch or listen to... or not.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
They will have to wear ankle bracelets and be on probation for 5 years to convince me.

This is probably just another psy-ops to keep advertisers happy.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

They abuse the freedom of the press that was meant to be a very important faucet in the intricate checks and balances that keep us free.

No we should not forgive the media. I think the behaviour that many of the main outlets exhibited (and still are) needs some form of response.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

You are a very forgiving person. May God bless your soul.

What we don't want is for the government to start deciding who can and cannot exercise their right to freedom of speech and freedom of the press. That's up to us to decide who we read or watch or listen to... or not.

This is a self admitted conspiracy. Make no mistake. They should be put out of business after and only after a federal trail.

They abused the privilege they have to operate in a free country and should pay the price for their dangerous and what I believe to be illegal abuses.
edit on 12-11-2016 by seasonal because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JacKatMtn
I'll 2nd Celente's opinion, he calls the NYT "The Toilet Paper of Record"

We all knew that HuffPo, Daily KOS, Politico had their slant, which is fine, there are plenty to counter them on the right...

WAPO and NYT were supposed to set the standard of journalism, Bezos and Slim have permanently destroyed that...

THe NDAA needs to be repealed, so Propaganda against the citizens of the US is once again a punishable crime...

Totally agree - the responsibility of a journalist in highly circulated media is massive and they should be held to account for lies.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I'm delighted to hear this. Perhaps "facts" will come back into style.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Personally, I am happy they realize the error they made. Do I think any media outlet will actually report without bias? Never. It all comes down to the editors and what stories they want to run. They each pander to their demographic of subscribers which doesn't do much of anything except make their demographic believe even deeper in their subscribed beliefs.

They are like religion....once you have a follower you indoctrinate them and ingrain your beliefs so much that they just regurgitate what is written without ever trying to research it for truth.

Social media is the new wave of this. Evidence is rampant with people quoting from Internet sites with no credibility. It's silly really....media can't be trusted.

Oddly enough, the one news station that everyone loves to hate, Fox, seemed to be the least biased this election and actually covered and called most everything fairly.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

This is a self admitted conspiracy. Make no mistake. They should be put out of business after and only after a federal trail.

Hmmmm... interesting thought. So only after appropriate investigation and prosecution/defense. Now I'm wondering what charges though... perhaps fraud? Election tampering? Some kind of collusion/conspiracy/RICO act type thing? I've often thought of it as media malpractice but I just made that up.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: seasonal

No we should not forgive the media. I think the behaviour that many of the main outlets exhibited (and still are) needs some form of response.

True , a Leopard can Never Change it's Spots Unless it Dies and comes back as a Humble Mouse.....

edit on 12-11-2016 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Hmmmm... interesting thought. So only after appropriate investigation and prosecution/defense. Now I'm wondering what charges though... perhaps fraud? Election tampering? Some kind of collusion/conspiracy/RICO act type thing? I've often thought of it as media malpractice but I just made that up.

On many occasions I've been told instead of a craftsman I should have been an attorney, I wish I was just for 15 minutes tonight. (usually because I'm being an a-hole).

I don't know what the Times could be prosecuted for, but they admitted to conspiracy of an election of POTUS. Seems there would be an actionable law somewhere.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

I'm sure we will be seeing more of this to come.

These mainstream media publications know they're success relies on accuracy.

No doubt the entire MSM is doing damage control.

I suspect they are all going to be cleaning house this December, if you know what I mean.

It will take the press longer to get right than it did Chevy and Ford to regain solid ground they lost in the late 70s early 80s, 90s

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

...they admitted to conspiracy of an election of POTUS. Seems there would be an actionable law somewhere.

Yes, you'd think so. But I think they've been too busy making laws to criminalize the people. Sad, sad state of affairs that must change.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Their has been no free press since Watergate, in most of the world an investigative reporter who is actually on to some thing gets put down. The forth estate has been compromised.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

This is true.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Thing is as red handed liers they are forced into a contrition. Remember they just didn't make a mistake.......the willingfully and knowing and with intent to influence and out come told big fat lies. They would love for everyone to call it a mistake and move away nothing to see here whilst they gear up for 4 years of crafted BS against Trump.
edit on 12-11-2016 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Patriot act, how can we expect our weak knee'd politicians to vote against it? It's easy to be a law breaker when everything is against the law.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I find it hard to believe they found religion and all of the sudden have abandoned the ends justifies the means mentality.

I can believe that the drop from near $30 to $12 might have a bit to do with this.

edit on 11/12/2016 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: angeldoll

Thing is as red handed liers they are forced into a contrition. Remember they just didn't make a mistake.......the willingfully and knowing and with intent to influence and out come told big fat lies. They would love for everyone to call it a mistake and move away nothing to see here whilst they gear up for 4 years of crafted BS against Trump.

Maybe not. I'm going to take it at face value for the moment, and hope our previously decent publications will follow suit. (Wait! I can't think of any.)

But we will know soon enough. They should keep their editorializing to the editorial section, even if the front line news is one page, and the editorial section is 10 pages. At least call it what it is.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Exactly. And it's not an accident. Nor is the clause granting authority for detention and assassination without due process of American citizens.

Sorry for going off-topic and derailing your thread... Just really gets my goat. These are the real issues we must address and change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join