It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lego ends Daily Mail links after Stop Funding Hate campaign

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   
So at last, a company with a good amount of influence is acting sensibly and doing the right thing...hopefully taking others along an ethical path and saying what needs to be said.

Lego says it will no longer advertise in the Daily Mail after a campaign called on firms not to fund newspapers that promote "hate, demonisation and division".

The campaign, which has also hit out at The Sun and Daily Express, says it supports freedom of expression but opposes an "upsurge in media hate speech" following June's EU referendum.

LINK

A small brick in a wall (pun intended) but an important one.

Well done LEGO.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

In fact, I'm going to buy some LEGO just to show my appreciation:

A must have for all hippies like me: LEGO Yellow Submarine

Cool man.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Can't you see that this is the suppression of free speech.

You can only think and speak in "approved" manner or there will be economic repercussions.

If you don't like 'hate" speech, stop buying the paper.

Next we will see demands to burn books that someone doesn't like.

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
i buy legos, so the promos were just american target polybags usually, a way to sell them in euruope i always assumed.

what was 'hateful' about the newspapers lol.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Please give me a recent example of Daily Mail hate reporting.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

If you had read the article rather than providing a kneejerk response you would have read about the very thing you ask me for.

I suggest you do your own research so there is no doubt. Many here are familiar with the Daily Mail and how they operate.

This ISN'T a thread to discuss/argue about individual stories and agendas of "The Daily Fail" but to let people know that they can't fool all the people all the time and a company with influence is acting openly against bad reporting.

edit on 12/11/2016 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks

Are you saying that LEGO doesn't have the right to say "NO THANK YOU" to the Daily Mail?

This ISN'T about stopping the Daily Mail printing anything they want, it's about not liking what they DO print and voting with their feet to no longer fund shoddy agenda fed jounalism.
edit on 12/11/2016 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Seems more a case of withdrawing business because they disagree on policy rather than an actual thing about hate speech....Though wanting independence from the EU is hate speech to the deluded libs in the world.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

No, it isn't. At all. You need to educate yourself on the nature of free speech.

Speech isn't sacred. Voting with your wallet isn't suppressing anything.

Ask Jo Cox about the suppression of free speech. You can't, tho, because a pro-Brexit lunatic suppressed it at the end of a gun.
edit on 11/12/2016 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
a reply to: 83Liberty

I suggest you do your own research so there is no doubt. Many here are familiar with the Daily Mail and how they operate.

This ISN'T a thread to discuss/argue about individual stories and agendas of "The Daily Fail" but to let people know that they can't fool all the people all the time and a company with influence is acting openly against bad reporting.

Do you work for "them"?

I'm sorry but you're the one that is saying Daily Mail is spreading hate, it is up to you to give us examples!
No I do not work for them.

I'm not saying there aren't any hate stories from them, I'm just interested in what you constitute as hate reporting. No need for you to get defensive.

However, I would say it is the liberal left media that has fueled the hatred the most. They are constantly putting people in groups and trying to divide us. Their bias reporting also adds to that, as we never get a fair and balanced argument from them.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 83Liberty
I'm sorry but you're the one that is saying Daily Mail is spreading hate, it is up to you to give us examples!

WRONG!

It is LEGO who says that.

I am merely the messanger.

PLEASE DO NOT (try to) PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH and please do your own research so you can only doubt yourself.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:23 AM
link   

WRONG!

It is LEGO who says that.

I am merely the messanger.

PLEASE DO NOT (try to) PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH and please do your own research so you can only doubt yourself.

What are you talking about now? In your OP you said Lego are doing the right thing so you clearly agree with them!

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

This ISN'T about stopping the Daily Mail printing anything they want, it's about not liking what they DO print and voting with their feet to no longer fund shoddy agenda fed jounalism.

What is their "agenda"? Who have they been hating on?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

please do your own research so you can only doubt yourself.

Oh and I just did 5 mins research...

The link you provided stated this as the main reason for Lego stopping their promotions....

He said he did not like some of the paper's coverage, including its criticism of one of the High Court judges in a recent Brexit ruling for being gay.

Do you know what the actually Daily Mail headline was???
Here it is....

The judges who blocked Brexit: One founded a EUROPEAN law group, another charged the taxpayer millions for advice and the third is an openly gay ex-Olympic fencer

I would agree it's completely unnecessary to state his sexual orientation, but is it really HATE reporting?

edit on 83140bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 12 Nov 2016 11:40:45 -06003016 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

But you are probably really ignorant to all this and only started this thread for stars and flags I bet.
edit on 83142bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 12 Nov 2016 11:42:24 -06003016 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You can only think and speak in "approved" manner or there will be economic repercussions.

If you don't like 'hate" speech, stop buying the paper.

Next we will see demands to burn books that someone doesn't like.

Tired of Control Freaks

Exactly, it is true form of capitalism. If people (or corporations) don't like what you are saying, then they don't have to listen to you or support you. Thus Lego chooses not to support them. This IS expressing and supporting freedom of speech.

It. Is. Called. A. Boycott.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

But you are probably really ignorant to all this and only started this thread for stars and flags I bet.

That's funny......you are new here, you will learn.....and I'll take that bet.

I've been posting here for almost 10 YEARS so d'ya think I'm here for stars, flags and stinkin' badges?
Rather lame kneejerk accusation on your part me thinks, but I forgive you.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I'm not new here. Nice deflecting though.
Why don't you want to talk about the subject matter and investigate the content of your own thread instead of responding to my silly remark.

edit on 83128bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 12 Nov 2016 13:28:06 -06003016 by 83Liberty because: typo

edit on 83129bAmerica/ChicagoSat, 12 Nov 2016 13:29:21 -06003016 by 83Liberty because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Your words sound okay to the Average person who is unable to look past them, and see real violence and property damage caused by those words.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Why don't you want to talk about the subject matter and investigate the content of your own thread instead of responding to my silly remark.

Please do your own research regarding the subject matter, it will eliminate the chance of doubt.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

And your words sound ok to those who have never experienced the consequences and tyranny of censorship.

Tired of Control Freaks

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join