It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garrison Keillor: "Trump voters will not like what happens next"

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Just another elitist liberal who is butthurt over the election - get used to it - 8 Years Of Trump on The Way.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Frankly people should calm down at least until he actually do something...

I bet Trump supporters end up more disappointed then the rest of us.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: Indigent

Frankly people should calm down at least until he actually do something...

I bet Trump supporters end up more disappointed then the rest of us.

The quesiton is whether they lose faith in the republican party or conservatism itself, or just Trump the president. And how much?

All of that will determine what happens next election. I think it will also impact Trump's presidency. I always expect the opposing party to be critical of the sitting president. But things are awkward. The senate and house are not strongly democrat. Yet we can see during the campaign Trump didn't have as strong hold on core republicans as Romney did. Trump is pulling support outside the core of his party. The question is how much will a lack of faith in his administration influence whether or not he's opposed at every opportunity.

So maybe we can expect a battle both between democrats and Trump and also between core republicans and the party of Trump.
edit on 11/10/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
So maybe we can expect a battle both between democrats and Trump and also between core republicans and the party of Trump.

That's what will make this cycle so interesting. If Trump fulfills his promises, the GOP's collective head will explode. If he follows the party line, his supporters will go ballistic. And congressional elections are in 2 years, when he can be effectively neutered.
Pass the popcorn, eh?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Here is what people from other countries and dyed in the wool politicos both Dems and Reps. need to understand This time,
The people who put PEOTUS over the top will be watching closely, we will not do what the Dems have done of years
(8 Clinton 8 Obama), and the REPS with (8 Bush). We will vocally hold him [PEOTUS] to his promises and to the Constitution.

We are not Ideologically Bound to any group of talking heads.

The Internet, faxes, letters and Law suits, will fly in if, We the People, do not feel the promises or The Constitution are being followed.

The Constitution accepts the Majority Opinion, but leaves open the Protection of the Minority.

We will no longer be bullied by the PC loving saying we are not allowed to criticize someone [POTUS] because of his skin colour or sex. Moreover, i Believe (bad word) think most of us will not allow any Minority group of Legal Americans, to be abused, for words or thoughts or legal deeds, colour, orientation, etc.

Other people from other countries that do not have their stuff together should just Stow it. Tired of hearing what you and your Ex-Pats have to say. The countries that have more important things to worry about like living, have not said a whole lot. Which is wisdom.

Anyway, that is how i feel about this topic. To my Canadian friends thank you for Sharing, but i am not a Tory or French,
so i can not agree Me, But thank you anyway and have another beer Bye, Aye, and leave our political messes to ourselves, it will all come out in the wash one way or another.

edit on 10-11-2016 by Hermit777 because: clean up grammer

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
And yes in 2 years if things are not as stated, or just plain wrong, then there will be a Throw the Bums out movement
of the same people that put PEOTUS in. We will see.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steak
Just another elitist liberal who is butthurt over the election - get used to it - 8 Years Of Trump on The Way.

November 29, 2017

Garrison Keillor was FIRED today for Sexual Assault.

www.politico.com...

He is (was) with Minnesota Public Radio. What other high-profile sexual predator is from Minnesota? hmmm???

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

He touched her on her back!

That's just as bad as rape, right?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Should've never twitted™ about Herr Drumpf...

Still nothing about Herr Drumpf's accuser during the erections, You think She got bought off?

Is this why We, the ill-informed, are receiving all these allegations now?

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

You mean his 16 accusers, right?

I don't know what the hell is going on here. What I do know is that elements of the fringe left have grouped up with elements of the fringe right to turn us into the Taliban.

GG

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

IMO, What we're witnessing now is the middle of the fireworks display. The unsealing/serving of the thousands of Federal Court indictments will be the crescendo.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Keillor is great and I love his work.
Main reason is it's never been political but about people.
Christ these leftists don't know when to stop themselves.
Even Charlie Rose is a mouthpiece for Clinton.
Ugh.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Is that popcorn still warm?

Maybe Garrison has time to pop some fresh stuff for us now.... or is he spending his new free time growing heirloom tomatoes?

Democrats can spend four years raising heirloom tomatoes, meditating, reading Jane Austen, traveling around the country, tasting artisan beers, and let the Republicans build the wall and carry on the trade war with China and deport the undocumented and deal with opioids, and we Democrats can go for a long , brisk walk and smell the roses.

He may want to stay away from the roses though.
edit on b000000302017-11-29T15:09:47-06:0003America/ChicagoWed, 29 Nov 2017 15:09:47 -0600300000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

So what you're saying is that Trump has to fix all the problems created by the left?

Sounds about right to me.

posted on Nov, 29 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Thats the thing. Half the people will be appalled, a small section already KNOWS NOT to trust anything out of His mouth or what they read if they happen to be en route to 3rd period Home Economics or History (Herstory) and take a gander towards Twitter™ and a little less than half will defend the Turd-In-Chief or shorthand "ChiefTurd".

I'm thinking Bernie Sanders wouldn't have been on Twitter™ but then again He wouldn't have the cool, lakeside chalet TheClintons™ bought for Him.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
In retrospect, Garrison Keillor probably should have kept his smugness to himself.

Karma's a Bitch.

Lol

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hermit777
Other people from other countries that do not have their stuff together should just Stow it. Tired of hearing what you and your Ex-Pats have to say. The countries that have more important things to worry about like living, have not said a whole lot. Which is wisdom.
Anyway, that is how i feel about this topic. To my Canadian friends thank you for Sharing, but i am not a Tory or French,
so i can not agree Me, But thank you anyway and have another beer Bye, Aye, and leave our political messes to ourselves, it will all come out in the wash one way or another.

If you don't want an international response, then I suggest that you don't post in an international forum.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Trueman

I'll buy their tomatoes. I bet they can fertilize the land really well.

In a slightly ironic touch, what do you think will happen to the price of tomatoes (and produce in general) if Trump keeps his promise to deport all the illegals that are currently harvesting said stuff? Not that it will affect his table...but it could yours. Didn't they try cracking down in Alabama a couple of years back, and they couldn't get the crops in because regular folks found the work too hard?
You might be surprised at how many pickers ar legal and how many illegals aren't pickers.

posted on Jan, 5 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Is Garrison Keillor still a thing? Until this thread, I wasn't even sure he was still alive...

What ethic is that?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join