It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Garrison Keillor: "Trump voters will not like what happens next"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
In my humble opinion as a foreign spectator, Keillor has captured the portents of a Trump presidency in his typical whimsical manner. It's worth reading, as I don't believe that there will be a lot of whimsy in the next few years. Trump is a coarse individual, and that will be reflected in his White House. (Can you gild a building and still call it white? We shall see.) But I agree that Americans of a certain ethic own the results of the next four years. Pass the popcorn, will ya?

We liberal elitists are now completely in the clear. The government is in Republican hands. Let them deal with him. Democrats can spend four years raising heirloom tomatoes, meditating, reading Jane Austen, traveling around the country, tasting artisan beers, and let the Republicans build the wall and carry on the trade war with China and deport the undocumented and deal with opioids, and we Democrats can go for a long , brisk walk and smell the roses. Link

edit on 10-11-2016 by JohnnyCanuck because: Fixing link

+40 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I bet they don't do any of that.

The reality is they will bitch about it every single day.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Dear god, if only that were true.

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
They have been doing that for 8 years. They lazily piddled around with healthcare and screwed it up royalty because they would not sit down with Republicans and figure it out. They don't care about illegals because they don't live anywhere near the problem. As long as they are not cutting through their tomato gardens and screwing up their labor unions they do not care about illegals. Not their problem.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Your link doesn't work.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Here's the story.
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Your link doesn't work.

Thanks for the heads-up, because it's more than just the bit I quoted. Fixed now.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
Here's the story.
From the link,
Here is the quote that says a lot:

Let the uneducated have their day.

Elitism.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Here's the story.
From the link,
Here is the quote that says a lot:

Let the uneducated have their day.

Elitism.

So...I guess you don't get the part where he is mocking Liberals, too?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I think this quote is more apt.

Resentment is no excuse for bald-faced stupidity

Trumps supporters were voting against the elitist political system but voted for an elitist as their champion , when he crashes your already indebted economy with his spending plans they will be the ones who feel the pain.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I'll buy their tomatoes. I bet they can fertilize the land really well.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

No body actually reads Jane Austen.

By the way, get this, I only got in trouble once in my life and got arrested.
Why?

Because I gave someone "Sense and Sensibility" the book.
Literally, that was the prime focus of my violation.

It's a really long story and you'd crap your pants to find out how this book (and another book) played the central role of the biggest controversy of my life. You'd be so glad you're Canadian to find out the utter depths of stupidity the United States is currently involved in domestically.
edit on 11/10/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   

double post
edit on 11/10/2016 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

In a slightly ironic touch, what do you think will happen to the price of tomatoes (and produce in general) if Trump keeps his promise to deport all the illegals that are currently harvesting said stuff? Not that it will affect his table...but it could yours. Didn't they try cracking down in Alabama a couple of years back, and they couldn't get the crops in because regular folks found the work too hard?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

a reply to: butcherguy

I think this quote is more apt.

Resentment is no excuse for bald-faced stupidity

Trumps supporters were voting against the elitist political system but voted for an elitist as their champion , when he crashes your already indebted economy with his spending plans they will be the ones who feel the pain.

He didn't take control yet, you don't know what is he going to do unless you are a time traveler.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
You'd be so glad you're Canadian to find out the utter depths of stupidity the United States is currently involved in domestically.

Maybe you should write it up? I'd be interested in hearing the story of how Jane Austen brought you down. As to domestic stupidity, the U.S. by no means has the exclusive rights to that...but y'all do have a tendency to do things bigger, flashier and louder.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Trueman

In a slightly ironic touch, what do you think will happen to the price of tomatoes (and produce in general) if Trump keeps his promise to deport all the illegals that are currently harvesting said stuff? Not that it will affect his table...but it could yours. Didn't they try cracking down in Alabama a couple of years back, and they couldn't get the crops in because regular folks found the work too hard?

I can live without tomatoes for a while. No problem.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I'm sure Liberals can get some predictions right. Conservatives nailed several things about Obama before he got in office.

National healthcare would be a disaster. Check.

His promises of transparency were 100% false. Check.

He would blame Bush for things his whole Presidency. Check.

And that when his term(s) were over people would be sick and disgusted with the idea of another Democratic controlled White House. Check.
edit on 10-11-2016 by jjkenobi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   

must be nice not having jobs to do all that for 4 years

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Trump plan is not get rid of immigrants willing to work for cheap, he just want to replace illegals with people willing to get visas for that kind of work.

Frankly people should calm down at least until he actually do something...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join