It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please help me vote - can I abstain from candidates but vote on questions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I refuse to participate in this farce for president (no votes for president) but can I vote on the questions and still have my vote count?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: otherpotato

what questions? there are no such things in a national election.

what i mean by that there is nothing like in a state vote like Prop 1 in a national election.

edit on 7-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

We have 5 state questions which I would like to have count.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

But I'd rather say "# off" to the prez etc elections

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:36 PM
link   

in a state election yes, you can leave the president choice open.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Meaning I can leave prez blank but questions count?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   

yes.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Let me reiterate: I think the only choice we have is no vote.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I hate this election. I'm so sad.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

in a state election yes, you can leave the president choice open.

If you leave President blank the rigged voting machines help out by putting Hillary in for you. She is the default candidate.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

just write Ron Paul then please
if you hate Trump, don't let the machine fill it in automatically with Cllinton please!!! Let Ronnie boy know he is still loved and cherished!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

If you leave President blank the rigged voting machines help out by putting Hillary in for you. She is the default candidate.

well yea there's that, and in some places Texas if ircc the machines even changes your mistaken vote for trump to clinton.

edit on 7-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
What's wrong with Jill Stein, or write ins?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Yes. You can vote on a single candidate or question and it will still count. Though I'd also recommend you vote for any 3rd party candidates on your ballot.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Jill Stein is an anti-gun fanatic! I don't see eye to eye with her on anything more than the environment, and even some of those I feel like she wants to go too far too fast as far as our energy industry goes.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

As others have already advised, yes, you can vote on the ballot propositions without voting for prez... but I hope you vote for someone for prez -- even if you write in Mickey Mouse! But please at least consider voting third party -- either Libertarian or Green Party -- not for the candidate, but for the chance to put a third party on a level playing field with the Republicans and Democrats. Make it a strategic vote. Third parties only need to get 5% of the vote to receive the same federal funding and other perks that now give Republicans and Democrats a huge advantage over the other parties. Increased competition and opportunities can only help us -- the people!!!

Whatever you do though, please don't leave it blank and give anyone with nefarious purposes the opportunity to vote for someone for you.
edit on 8-11-2016 by Boadicea because: added "if"

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
As for as write-ins, it may vary state to state. In my state, only write-ins who qualified are valid. A list is posted. Mickey Mouse didn't do the paper work and fee to run here.

I believe every state allows a person to leave a ballot position blank for no vote.

edit:

You can ask a person working at the polling place about it in order to know the law in your state.
edit on 11/8/2016 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

top topics

join