It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What on earth can I do with 350kg of marshmallows?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Ok first of I am back in the real world after an unusual past few months and secondly lets ignore the hows and whys of how I find myself with in excess of 350 kilograms of cake decorating marshmallows and get to the serious business of what to do with them.

There are four teenage kids in the house but givn that marshmallows are mainly sugar letting them run rampage on them is not something I want to do and besides they are already sick of the things, there are only so many cakes and the like you can make and keep a healthy family

I am wonderng as given they are mainly sugar if I could brew them as have a large ammount of brewing equiptment but unsuprisingly cannot really find much info as to the feasability of this so any scientific advice would be handy.

One friend took a load and he says they are great for lighting fires but this seems a bit of a waste to me so any culinary ideas are desperatley needed..

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

A ton of Rice Krispy Treats! Where do you live?

Eta...there are too many recipes to even suggest one.
edit on 11/7/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

A ton of Rice Krispy Treats! Where do you live?

Near Gloucester UK, if any one wants some they are welcome to help themselves, as I said 4 teenagers in the house but not really wanting to go crazy on thier sugar intake as hyper enough as it is!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Use em to make boob enhancements for strippers .

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Use em to make boob enhancements for strippers .

They are the little ones for cake decoratining unfortunatley...

Good idea though

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

If you have a bow and arrows, you could make fire arrows out of them?

In all seriousness though, you could probably add them to a beer, particularly if you are making the mix yourself, as opposed to working from a kit. Reddit has some threads which may prove useful. If you search "Brewing with marshmallows" on Google, results pertaining to your query will come up!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:13 AM
link   
You can throw em in a kiddie pool and have bikini ladies wrestle in it.

Oooor, mega smores!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
At the risk of being totally unoriginal, how about a giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man? Maybe you could set a world record or something if you made it actually edible.

link   
Ok that is a bang on idea, you get the ladies I have a 15 foot inflatable pool in the garden and we can live stream it ppv as a distraction from the current US political madness...

link   

I don't know how you're going to get the sugar out of the marshmallows...just work with it.

edit on 11/7/2016 by jappee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
At the risk of being totally unoriginal, how about a giant Stay Puft Marshmallow Man? Maybe you could set a world record or something if you made it actually edible.

that could be a possiblity

I am now thinking with christmas coming up if I could make a load of edible tree decorations.

While I am here any ideas for gingerbread men anyone? I have over 7000 of the things...

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Peanut Butter and marshmallow toast....take bread. Spread peanut butter on it. Top with a few marshmallows. Put inm the oven at 550 until the toast and marshmallows are light - medium brown
Good stuff.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If you have a bow and arrows, you could make fire arrows out of them?

In all seriousness though, you could probably add them to a beer, particularly if you are making the mix yourself, as opposed to working from a kit. Reddit has some threads which may prove useful. If you search "Brewing with marshmallows" on Google, results pertaining to your query will come up!

I thought you might be up for the brewing idea TB!

I am going to roast a load and bang them in a 25 litre tub with a bag of alcotec 24 turbo yeast and see what happens I think, I may not be back here for long if I do though

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Peanut Butter and marshmallow toast....take bread. Spread peanut butter on it. Top with a few marshmallows. Put inm the oven at 550 until the toast and marshmallows are light - medium brown
Good stuff.

That definatley sounds like a plan mate!

I have a dump load of peanuts to and have been thinking about home made peanut butter if anyone has any hints on that?

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Well maybe there is an ingredient in them besides sugar that might be useful for something....

Maybe the tallow or geletin or whatever else in them gives them their structure could be used to make Jam or preserves. Figure out if you could substitute enough mallows to skip the pectin and still be in the ballpark for sugar content.... might even be delicious

What would happen if you dissolve them in:
Water
Oil
Alcohol
Vinegar
Glycerin

Just some random cant sleep ideas.... gotta be some good options here besides finding ways to turn all the mallows into 30 mins of amusement and pounds of sticky garbage.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JRedBeard
Well maybe there is an ingredient in them besides sugar that might be useful for something....

Maybe the tallow or geletin or whatever else in them gives them their structure could be used to make Jam or preserves. Figure out if you could substitute enough mallows to skip the pectin and still be in the ballpark for sugar content.... might even be delicious

What would happen if you dissolve them in:
Water
Oil
Alcohol
Vinegar
Glycerin

Just some random cant sleep ideas.... gotta be some good options here besides finding ways to turn all the mallows into 30 mins of amusement and pounds of sticky garbage.

I think I might have an experiment trying to seperate the gelatin as useful in itself and not sure how it would affect the brewing, I know I can use it as a fining when the brewing is complete but not if it will mess up the fermentation?

edit on 7/11/2016 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Well, discovery requires experimentation, so go ahead!

We shall await your results with interest!

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
Ok that is a bang on idea, you get the ladies I have a 15 foot inflatable pool in the garden and we can live stream it ppv as a distraction from the current US political madness...

I would pay for that!

Anywhooo, perhaps a dumb idea but, could you donate them to a local shelter of some sort?
Here, locally, our bakery (big factory) will donate to the local shelters and churches.

The unfortunate souls who are staying there can enjoy a treat rather than just soup and potatoes and bread. Quite a few children there, sadly. The operators may would enjoy making some treats for them.

And, a 'feel good' moment for you...

*Welcome home, BTW!
edit on 7-11-2016 by TNMockingbird because: Forgot to welcome you back from your adventures

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Assemble them into a life size Stay Puft Marshmallow Man and then you and the kids can burn the son of a bitch to hell.

posted on Nov, 7 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

originally posted by: nonspecific

I would pay for that!

Anywhooo, perhaps a dumb idea but, could you donate them to a local shelter of some sort?
Here, locally, our bakery (big factory) will donate to the local shelters and churches.

The unfortunate souls who are staying there can enjoy a treat rather than just soup and potatoes and bread. Quite a few children there, sadly. The operators may would enjoy making some treats for them.

And, a 'feel good' moment for you...

*Welcome home, BTW!

They are past their "best before" date and stupidly will not be accepted by charities and food banks over here, a friend has a company that deals with short dated and overstock pallets and when he cannot sell or give stuff away it comes to us and we try to distribute it as best we can but no matter how hungry or poor someone is they eventually say please no more marshmallows, packet cous cous gingerbread men or whatever we have had a load of pallets of lol!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join