It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New insurance premium letter nearly gave me a heart attack

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: EightAhoy
a reply to: fractal5

I believe one can simply wait until they are sick, then get the insurance, then drop it after the bills are paid.

No, you cannot enroll at will, or according to an emerging need. The enrollment period runs through February 28/29, with special exemption extended through March 31 if you had your policy cancelled by a previous insurer.

Addendum: However, if you are insured through you employer, most employers have a different enrollment period, usually bi-annually.
Ah so winning US health care is like winning the lottery. If you get sick in the enrollment period you are as good as gold, but otherwise you have to survive a full year because nobody can afford next year's Obamacare. Wow.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: buni11687

Have you gone to the market place to see if you can get a cheaper insurance.

Also, you might want to look here....it's a good place to check for cheaper policies.
www.valuepenguin.com...

That rate increase absurd.
I'm probably in a different state....and older....and my rates didn't go up that much.

posted on Nov, 3 2016 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Let me enlighten you all. Insurance companies are not in the game for your benefit (though they tell you that). They are in it for your money and with the collusion of the government, which categorically states you have to have insurance by law, are free to up your premiums year on year because they know that you can do nothing about it and that includes changing providers.
They use very excuse to abrogate their responsibilities and any excuse to increase your premium. Wait a while and they will roll out their new idea to lower your premium, on board computers that monitors your driving minute by minute and automatically downloads to their computer. They say it will help you drive smoother therefore safer.
Buuuttt, you suddenly go a couple of miles over the limit just before an accident (because just as they can read your speed and if your driving erratically they can also see where you are on the road therefore what the speed limit is on that stretch of road) so you've technically broke the law and that WILL negate your insurance. And you though it would just lower your premium.
Welcome to the computerized digital age.

<< 1  2   >>

join