It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Increase Racial Harmony...JOBS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:32 AM
link   
This is my opinion based of what I have seen in my life.. There aren't many jobs, people aren't happy living with the bare minimum or less. Small towns and cities are destroyed all over the United States. Empty foreclosures all over the place. Lying politicians manipulating masses of people instead of creating industry.

Imagine all of us working together. Imagine lots of good jobs and all people from legal immigrants, all colors and sexual persuasions working together. How fun would that be ? If we all had good jobs, made good money, then we could all be sort of equal in work status and I feel that could even things out, relieve tensions and create an environment like we had before NAFTA and China joined the WTO THEN our factories, corporations and plants moved out.

Some of you really young people weren't around back then in the 60s , 70s and 80s. When I was a kid there were tons of places to work . It was a small town about 15 minutes from the beach where I grew up. We had all types of industry. My friends I grew up with moved here with their families for jobs and stayed, this small town was like a melting pot and it was cool.

My dad worked with black men and he is still friends with them today, they were always over at our house, I remember they (his friends) had nice cars back then and nice stuff and really nice to me as well. Just like everyone else they were all working together. I think that back then things were more racially rooted than they are now, I mean its different now, so basically for a white man in our town back then to have black friends was uncommon but not unheard of. My dad is still friends with them now but they aren't the same, they have been broke for so long that it took their spirit away. Now this is my perception and Im speaking of a rural area and my dad is an old simple white man, that's just how some country were so im not being racist or any of that , its just a story to support my idea of how to combat racism from the way I saw life back then in the 70s and early 80s.

So JOBS, that's the key. We need jobs and lots of them . We need choices in jobs, not a bunch of minimum wage jobs. You CANNOT raise a family, buy a house and a car on min wage, you just cant. We all of all races working together and having our own goals with means to achieve them I believe would be a beginning to the end of the racial discourse we are seeing across the country in present day. If We all worked together, we could all afford to buy the houses in the upscale communities everyone wants to live in, buy the cars we want and take the vacations we all deserve. Who can create these jobs, that's the key.
edit on 1-11-2016 by beeeyotch because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-11-2016 by beeeyotch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: beeeyotch

Its not just jobs. The pay has to be good enough to beat inflation and taxation, to the point where it is always desirable, AND there must always be more jobs than workers, to ensure that there is never a shortage of work to do.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Jobs would go a long way.

An embrace of civility would help as well and that's best displayed by people leaving the "other" alone, staying out of the "others" face and business.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Jobs would be yuge.

tptb have us fighting over slices of a small pie. the problem is that there isn't enough pie for everyone.

racial matters barely registered in the 1980s cuz we had a good economy. now instead of an old white Republican pres we have a young Black democrat...and racial issues are boiling over. why? bad economy.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Is it any wonder that jobs and healthcare, the two things that are most intrinsically linked to human well being are consistently being made out of reach for so many?

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

star. very good point.

but in the grand scheme of things, say tomorrow, everyone had a million dollars; lower class and middle class specifically.
do you think that would eradicate disdain or prejudices from one race against another in America?
do you think race 'a' would suddenly like race 'b'...?

money and health care are but a small parts of the issue

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Jobs yes but only if the wages are fair. Western economies are highly distorted with the wealth flowing to the top at a ridiculous rate. In non western economies you have a similar distortion with ruling families/tribes and oligarchs. This is still resulting in obscene wealth in the hands of the few and subsistence wages for the many.

It is this distortion that causes a problem especially when those with the wealth are blaming the poorest for their own poverty.

The vast majority of people have a good work ethic as study after study has shown. Welfare is absolutely NOT a detractor. Inequality is the detractor.

Inequality coupled with the coming storm of skilled, unskilled and manual labour being replaced by AI and economies will collapse unless the bleedin obvious solution is implemented.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: corvuscorrax

star. very good point.

but in the grand scheme of things, say tomorrow, everyone had a million dollars; lower class and middle class specifically.
do you think that would eradicate disdain or prejudices from one race against another in America?
do you think race 'a' would suddenly like race 'b'...?

money and health care are but a small parts of the issue

No I think you're on point there.

We humans are so magnificently flawed that we'd find just about any reason we could to hold disdain and prejudice towards those we don't like for whatever reason.

posted on Nov, 1 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

We humans are so magnificently flawed that we'd find just about any reason we could to hold disdain and prejudice towards those we don't like for whatever reason.

Kinda see this is being one of the main foundations of pretty much most of every 'ism' we face or force upon others.

Personally feel that self-respect, self-responsibility, self-knowledge, self-confidence and self-belief would go a long way towards turning the tides of the 'ism's. Of being raised with it, shown it, having it cultured and nurtured within us from our very first breath. And by 'self' I don't actually mean 'without consideration, compassion, community for/with others'...while we are fundamentally individuals we do exist as a collective.

Instead of what happens now.
I truly believe that 'ism's are sadly and simply the inevitable outcome of an indoctrinated society.
A society from the moment - heck even before - you gasp your first breath that is thrust into the hamster-wheel
Told what to be, how to be, must be, should be, could be, would be.
Labelled and lambasted with fault and failure and fear and fury if you stop running in that wheel.
Side-glanced and side-slammed if you ever question WHY are we running on the wheel...

Told/shown every millisecond of every day that YOU mean nothing.
*THIS* means everything.
Here's you ----- here's This.
BE This!

Oh but you never will be This....coz THIS is always the mystical ideal...which none of us will ever achieve.
Ever. It's as fleeting as a fart in the wind!

For the real *ideal* has NOTHING to do with your employment, your equity, your education, your status, your rep, your accolades, accomplishments. Pretty sure when you draw your last breath on this Earth be it by your own hand or someone else or fate or fragility of health - ain't a DAMN one of us checking our bank account or educational record or CV or anything else that means bugger all like that...

The real *ideal* is just to BE.
WHATEVER AND WHOMEVER AND HOWEVER AND WHEREVER that is.
Just be.
Not struggle to Become..for that is just Becoming *This*
Just be. You.
Never lose the firm handhold you had on your inherent RIGHT to BE from the start.
Before you were thrust into that Hamster-wheel of society.

I personally believe that IF we are secure in who we are - and how we Be - then we wouldn't be so quick (if at all) to project and externalise our internal conflicts of 'not being'...to ostracise, demonise and label-ise (sorry, just made that word up) the *Other Hamster*...

Cheers.
edit on 1-11-2016 by alien because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join