It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Pilot's Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Greetings ATS community,
I wanted to pass on something my dad experienced several years ago in the hopes that perhaps others have experienced something similiar or know someone who has. I found the story quite interesting, and I hope you will too.

Background: My dad was a pilot with 30+ years of experience flying all manner of civilian, military, and commercial aircraft. He was a naturally humble and quiet individual--never given to boasting or exageration. Like many pilots, he was wired to be logical, mathematical, and mechanical; he was also a supreme skeptic where all things supernatural and speculative are concerned. He preferred direct experience and scientific inquiry to wild tales.

His story: One day he came back from a trip he flew (commercial flight) to Mexico. Over a beer, I casually asked him about his trip. He looked at me, cocked one eyebrow and replied, "I saw something I can't explain." This got my attention. On the layover, he and another pilot went out for dinner. Walking back along the beach at night, they both noticed a distant light moving along a fixed vector at a constant speed. They kept watching it, and were wondering about distance and elevation, thinking perhaps it was either a satellite or a high-flying aircraft--nothing out of the ordinary. Then it came to a complete stop, reversed direction 180 degrees, and whizzed off so fast it was out of sight in less than a second or two.

So my first response was, "Do you think it was a UFO?" Again with the cocked eyebrow he said, "I don't want to use that word. All I will say is that what we witnessed completely and utterly defies all laws of aerodynamics that I'm familiar with. I'm not aware of any aircraft--military or otherwise--that can do that. It's beyond my abilities to explain; that's all I'm willing to say."

To contrast this story, I will also say that one time we were watching a campy, early 80's Fox program that was reporting on the US government harboring aliens. At one point in the story, they started talking about a particular installation in the mountains of Nevada (not area 51) that's being used as a landing zone for UFO's. Dad started laughing so hard I thought he was going to fall off the couch. He looked at me and said, "I know what they do there." I said, "And???" He replied, "I can't tell you that, but I CAN tell you they're NOT landing UFO's." Total buzz kill.

Anyway, that's the story I wanted to relate in the hopes that others can add their own.
Thanks for reading.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Interesting story there. Your Dads' response when asked if what he saw was a ufo, was pretty typical of pilots. Pilots as you probably know, have to be very careful when it comes to seeing things they cannot explain. I see some ufo reporting on the various sites I monitor on the subject of pilot sighting ufo's, but they are generally few and far between. But there have been quite a few which have been high profile, for exapmle the Japan Airline sighting over Anchorage from 1980 where the Pilots saw smaller ufo's, and then they claimed to have seen a mothership. Both paid a price for going public on what they saw. Why? Thanks for sharing the story.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Interesting story there. Your Dads' response when asked if what he saw was a ufo, was pretty typical of pilots. Pilots as you probably know, have to be very careful when it comes to seeing things they cannot explain. I see some ufo reporting on the various sites I monitor on the subject of pilot sighting ufo's, but they are generally few and far between. But there have been quite a few which have been high profile, for example, the Japan Airline sighting over Anchorage from 1980 where the Pilots saw smaller ufo's, and then they claimed to have seen a mothership. Both paid a price for going public on what they saw. Why? Thanks for sharing the story.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: data5091

sorry about double post. Maybe mods can delete one. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Great question. I'm not familiar with the Anchorage sighting, but I'm thinking I should go back to Jim Marrs' book, "Alien Agenda," and see if he mentions it. I seem to recall that he relates several such stories in there.

In the military, I imagine there are outright orders not to discuss such things. And the consequences are probably spelled out or at the very least clearly implied. While it didn't necessarily relate to UFO's, dad also told me one time (because I asked) that they (his military unit) were allowed to land at Area 51 in the event of an emergency--i.e., no other options. They were also told to expect an extreme debriefing if it ever came to that.

In the airlines, they do have to pass a yearly physical. I don't know for sure if there's a psychological aspect to it, but I wouldn't be surprised. Talking about such things tends to put one on the radar and could be detrimental to one's career.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Thank you for sharing.
Did your father ever report his observation anywhere?

Amazing how many of these stories there seem to be out there.

BT

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77

In the airlines, they do have to pass a yearly physical. I don't know for sure if there's a psychological aspect to it, but I wouldn't be surprised. Talking about such things tends to put one on the radar and could be detrimental to one's career.

The physical, required for the exercise of 1st Class privileges as an Airline Transport Pilot, is every 6 months, not yearly. and there is no discrete psychological portion. There are cardiac, blood sugar, vision, hearing, and movement components, but no mental health part, except insofar as the application for a medical certificate requires disclosure of all treatments by health care providers and disclosure of all medications, medical or psychiatric.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   

they both noticed a distant light moving along a fixed vector at a constant speed. They kept watching it, and were wondering about distance and elevation, thinking perhaps it was either a satellite or a high-flying aircraft--nothing out of the ordinary. Then it came to a complete stop, reversed direction 180 degrees, and whizzed off so fast it was out of sight in less than a second or two.

Experienced pilots, not given to fancy, they both saw it doing impossible things.

Those are the best stories, professional, corroborative, dunno what it was.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: beetee

To the best of my knowledge, no, he never reported it in any official capacity--wasn't his style.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: F4guy

The physical, required for the exercise of 1st Class privileges as an Airline Transport Pilot, is every 6 months, not yearly. and there is no discrete psychological portion. There are cardiac, blood sugar, vision, hearing, and movement components, but no mental health part, except insofar as the application for a medical certificate requires disclosure of all treatments by health care providers and disclosure of all medications, medical or psychiatric.

Thank you very much for clarifying that; I didn't realize it was every six months (for some reason I just had "annual physical" in the back of my head)--probably should have qualified that as a hazy recollection. The disclosure piece makes good sense.

BTW: I like your username. Did you fly the Phantom?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
It IS all man made. I have no evidence, but the whole alien shannanagin, is a deception straight from h*ll. Doctrines of Devils. They are all deceived. Some know it but most don't. This relates to Allister Crowley and his gang who also started nasa. This rabbit hole goes so deep they can't find their way out.

Rebuke them is all I can say.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: childoffather

It's certainly possible, IMHO, that what they witnessed was man made. There's just so much that's been developed that we don't hear about until much later. If it was man-made tech, then WOW, the capabilities and technology to enable them must be mindboggling to say the least--let alone what those kind of flight characteristics would do to a pilot (if there was a pilot).

That said, there are all kinds of reports about UFO's going back through the ages. It has been suggested that some actual encounters with aliens are of the supernatural variety--interdimensional, etc. But I still have to wonder about the stories of alien spacecraft in particuliar.

You mention Crowley, so I presume you're talking about Parsons and the whole JPL deal?

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

I haven't read up on that too much. I know one of his gang did end up, can't think of his name off the bat, forming what started as 'nasa,' is what I meant. Cern is connected too. It's all sorcery. There is nothing good coming of any of it. Operation Fish Bowl. Ever heard of that? It's all connected.
I know that bad people have had way to much power for two long. You know, too many trying to take over the world. We have been deceived, so much so that they may even fool the elect.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: childoffather

I haven't read up on that too much. I know one of his gang did end up, can't think of his name off the bat, forming what started as 'nasa,' is what I meant. Cern is connected too. It's all sorcery. There is nothing good coming of any of it. Operation Fish Bowl. Ever heard of that? It's all connected.
I know that bad people have had way to much power for two long. You know, too many trying to take over the world. We have been deceived, so much so that they may even fool the elect.

LOL too

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Yeah, about 1000 hours worth, out of Udorn Royal Thai Air Force Base in Udon Thani, Thailand in 1969-72, after putting in 2 years in A-1 Skyraiders with the 602nd Air Commando Squadron, later consolidated into the 555th TFS.
edit on 26-10-2016 by F4guy because: missing quote operator

edit on 26-10-2016 by F4guy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Hey there F4Guy.....proud to know ya..... you're a gunfighter then?....!!!
edit on 26-10-2016 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Yeah, about 1000 hours worth, out of Udorn Royal Thai Air Force Base in Udon Thani, Thailand in 1969-72, after putting in 2 years in A-1 Skyraiders with the 602nd Air Commando Squadron, later consolidated into the 555th TFS.

Wow. Very cool. Thank you very much for sharing that, and thank you for all of your service.

I have a special place in my heart for the F4--grew up around them and sat in quite a few. That's the aircraft that dad flew for most of his military career--over 5,000 hours. He started in the F105 and then moved on to the F4 when he was stationed with the 526 TFS in Ramstein, Germany--right around the time your were at Udorn. He flew the air superiority and tactical bombing missions. Later on, when he was out of the active Air Force, he flew the aerial recon and Wild Weasel ("G") missions for the Idaho Air National Gaurd--190th TRS/TFS. I always loved going out there with him and talking to all of the pilots; most folks know it as the Phantom, but those guys always affectionately called it the "Rhino."

-Cheers

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: childoffather

I know that Jack Parsons was doing work for the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL)--rocket fuel, etc.
Ultimately, he got tangled up with the occult, Crowley, and L. Ron Hubbard; he was heading up the OTO for the West coast.
Eventually he blew himself up in his own lab.

I believe Operation Fish Bowl had to do with high-altitude nulcear tests, but I can't find a connection to Parsons.
Maybe you're referring to some of the theories about the occult, technology, and the Age of Aquarius?
The New Age Conspiracy

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Hey there F4Guy.....proud to know ya..... you're a gunfighter then?....!!!

I was trained that way, but the early F-4s had no guns. Sidewinders and Sparrows only. Ended up doing mostly S&R and CAS, with a little bombing added in.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Cool story! I recently met a passenger plane pilot in a bar here in Oslo. He flew for a Norwegian company south - north. I had to ask if he had ever seen something (you know), and after he understood I was sincere and not trying to pull his leg, he told a lot of strange stories. He told me that nearly all his colleagues discuss such sightings from time to time, but never with the supervisors because they are afraid to be ridiculed.
edit on 27-10-2016 by KVAMSKY because: Typo

new topics

top topics

join