It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what will it take for us to over throw our government?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

In my opinion,

The best way to 'overthrow' the government is to encourage and assist young people to get involved in our political process -- a lot of them. Overwhelm the system with new blood and let the wave of momentum build on itself until we have so many citizens chomping at the bit to get involved that TPTB crumble

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

What is the default mode if NOBODY turns out to vote ??

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Seriously what will it take?

Our government is corrupt and rotten to the core. They no longer serve the people or have our best interest when taking office. I no longer believe either party will do whats best for the people of this country. They are in it for themselves and their rich corporate buddies. Greed officially runs this place.

Star and Flag

I have said as much before
Nothing is going to change when the deep pockets own all the politicians to the left and to the right of the president

The politicians are nothing more than puppets enriching the global elite

What to do?
Not much we can do except keep spreading the word until it becomes saturated in everyones face
Freedom of Speech is one thing they would like to do away with then we can become a full fledged banana republic
edit on 25-10-2016 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I do not understand that mentality at all, not in the least, because there is no truth so ugly, as to be less beautiful than a lie.

And neither do I. I can't wrap my head around people that walk around with their cell phones as if they are grafted to their hands, and don't spend a micro second to google the basic information regarding the condition our condition is in.

They all have excuses. I have friends that say, "I don't want to think about it." "There is nothing I can do about it, so there is no sense in me stressing about it."

When I ask how is anything going to change if everyone, just "doesn't think about it"? They just shrug their shoulders.

Like #Flice said, "It will take guts, courage and sacrifice."

And #Greggers posted "Well, for starters, people would need to stop sitting around writing posts on ATS and actually go outside and do something to advance this particular cause."

But guts, courage and sacrifice seem to be in short supply, and most people think that posting is an effective way to fix the problem.

I am very active in my community. I spend a lot of time talking to the pre-teens and the teens, in the local community youth groups. They. more times than not, are very interested in talking about preparing for their future in an unstable world. They voice concerns about affording college, and fear the lack of job prospects. Almost none of them think about the things we talk about here on ATS.

They know about the Trump and Hillary conflict, and usually side with whomever their parents are supporting. But they don't know how their lives will be affected if either of them are elected. The community is quite diverse, and it is reflected in the pairing of the children in their groups of friends. They, like almost all children their age, are glued to their cell phones and are addicted to social media, video games, and parrot whatever is trending in the moment.

Most of the parents seem to go along with their heads buried in the sand, or just praying it will right itself. It is going to be a sad sight when the SHTF. All I can see in my mind's eye is a bunch of people in turmoil waiting for the government to come to the rescue. A bunch of lambs lined up for slaughter. Not like it never happened before.

Most will be the same people that question why the Jews went so passively to the gas chambers, I am afraid many are going to find out.

posted on Oct, 26 2016 @ 03:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

If Trump loses, I can easily see some sort of uprising.

It'd be interesting to know the military's consensus on this..

I don't know about the Military, but Law Enforcement is "all in" for Donald Trump as President. After one of his Florida campaign rallies today, 35 of the event police and security personnel posed with Donald Trump for group and individual photos before allowing his motorcade to depart.

Getting a picture with someone does mean support. Even though I hate Trump I would still pose for a picture with him. It is about being part of history and having evidence of it.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join