It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm voting for Trump and you should too.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Greetings ATS,

Yes, I know, it's a deplorable title and I felt dirty typing it. Lets get that disgusting bit out of the way from the gate yes? Now, I will have you know, I will be voting for Trump, as bad as it may seem to you and certainly as bad as I will feel doing it, I also feel that overwhelmingly, I have no other choice.

Why is this the case? Why in a country of 340 million people are we forced to vote for people we not only don't like but actually despise? Less than 25% of democrats endorse Hillary, less than 25% of republicans endorse trump yet those are the only two options we have and I ask you....... How has this happened?

I can't tell you why it's happened because even if I did, you wouldn't believe me or think I was ranting on after a go at the bar again. The fact is, anyone with logical tendencies in America at this point in time will be unable to explain how a clear cut criminal at best and a staunch traitor to the very fundamentals of America at worst could be in the position of attaining a presidential election. Those same logical tendencies would ask you how an ego bloated, hate spewing, racist gas bag has gained the chair across from her in contention. The question isn't who is going to win, the real question is why in the hell our country is so broken that we have ONLY those two choices.

Look, I could go on and on about what is wrong with your country and if your interested just look up some of my previous threads, I have said it all a million times and I won't repeat it all here. The cold hard fact is that you have to make a choice between these two. The fact is, I have to make choice between these two and as much as I despise and hate to do it, I'm choosing Trump because even though he is a grade A asshat and everything in between....... He's not Hillary Clinton.

I urge you all to do the same.
edit on 22-10-2016 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Helious

Hm. I'm voting for Hillary because she is not Trump.

I respect you voting your conscience and doing what you truly think is the right thing to do.

peace,
AB

link   

1. Nobody's forced to vote for either of those 2 candidates. For example, I've already voted (Early Voting FTW!!!) and my ballot had more than 5 choices for President. I think it also had a "write in" portion, though I didn't really pay attention to that part.

2. If you really don't like him, don't vote for him. It's a pretty simple concept. 3rd parties will never be viable as long as people would rather "win" by voting for a horrible candidate than "lose" by voting for a better candidate.

link   
Preach on, brother Helious.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   

The question isn't who is going to win, the real question is why in the hell our country is so broken that we have ONLY those two choices.

The reason why the masses subconsciously believe that they have only two choices is because of the insane amount of money used to subdue the perception of the intended audience, making it hard for others t compete. The American populace has become so damn brainwashed that the only ones left that see through it all have been labelled as the most delusional.

edit on 23-10-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

I respect your choice as well. All we can do as people, is to choose to make our voice heard, no matter how feeble or to say nothing and fade away into darkness.

God bless you and America sir, no hard feelings here.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I blame the ordinary citizens.

The solution is one that should be patently clear.

It is time for the Second Amendment but the citizens are just too far gone. The Second is a responsibility. Why it was not bought into play after the massacre at Kent State University is beyond me.

So much crap about an amendment that will likely never be used because the population seem too damn lazy to get off their butts.

At least Trump may start rebuilding the US infrastructure, but then, he may not even know what a state it is in. Lol.

P

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I am in a crimson red state. A vote for Hillary, here, is a protest vote. That gives me the freedom to vote green party or libertarian. I'm leaning towards Jill Stein, but I am seriously considering Gary what's his name because I would love to raise third party stats, and he is more popular here.

Hillary is evil. So is Trump. If my vote matters... Which we know it doesn't... I will vote for the more appealing alternative.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

1. Nobody's forced to vote for either of those 2 candidates. For example, I've already voted (Early Voting FTW!!!) and my ballot had more than 5 choices for President. I think it also had a "write in" portion, though I didn't really pay attention to that part.

2. If you really don't like him, don't vote for him. It's a pretty simple concept. 3rd parties will never be viable as long as people would rather "win" by voting for a horrible candidate than "lose" by voting for a better candidate.

Ah, that's the trap though.... When you vote for an independent in this country who has single digits..... Depending on which way you would lean if pushed..... You've just cast a vote for the party you don't want elected.

Crazy I know but trust me, thats the case exactly.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:05 PM
link   

I respect your choice as well. All we can do as people, is to choose to make our voice heard, no matter how feeble or to say nothing and fade away into darkness.

God bless you and America sir, no hard feelings here.

It's "ma'am" and, thank you and right back at you!

edit on 22-10-2016 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

That's just dumb. Has it ever occurred to you that the vast majority of Americans don't actually want a civil war or violent uprising? We want a system that works better and focuses on our individual priorities. And while we may be at odds about what those priorities should be, we're pretty much all in agreement that a violent uprising won't get us where we're trying to go.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
That only depends on if you're in a swing state. If you're somewhere like Mississippi or Idaho, New York or Vermont, vote third party. It won't affect the outcome, but it does raise third party numbers, which we desperately need.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Helious

Ah, that's the trap though.... When you vote for an independent in this country who has single digits..... Depending on which way would lean if pushed..... You've just cast a vote for the party you don't want elected.

Crazy I know but trust me, thats the case exactly.

Sorry but that's BS. In fact, that mindset is exactly a part of the problem.

You said it yourself that less than 25% of Democrats and Republicans endorsed Hillary & Trump. Assuming that those numbers are true, if those 75% of voters actually acted on those feelings and voted for someone else, the 3rd party candidate would win. And when the presidential campaigning started, there were more undecided voters than registered Democrats or Republicans. And once again, if those voters would've selected one of the 3rd party candidates, that 3rd candidate would win easily.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:18 PM
link   

That's just dumb. Has it ever occurred to you that the vast majority of Americans don't actually want a civil war or violent uprising? We want a system that works better and focuses on our individual priorities. And while we may be at odds about what those priorities should be, we're pretty much all in agreement that a violent uprising won't get us where we're trying to go.

I just love it when people stand up and voice the concerns of every individual citizen in the country. You have no idea what everyone else wants.

You are all so divided you couldn't run a chook raffle.

P

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

I blame the ordinary citizens.

The solution is one that should be patently clear.

It is time for the Second Amendment but the citizens are just too far gone. The Second is a responsibility. Why it was not bought into play after the massacre at Kent State University is beyond me.

So much crap about an amendment that will likely never be used because the population seem too damn lazy to get off their butts.

At least Trump may start rebuilding the US infrastructure, but then, he may not even know what a state it is in. Lol.

P

The solution to the common man may be the "second amendment" but to those who understand world history and the way current day society works, that seems a solution that is untenable for the exact reasons you state.

The problem with violence is that it is in general, too localized to effect change. In order for violence to effect change, it has to be on a massive scale and not only brutally but also geographically.

Violence cant be something that is ill conceived, mismanaged or poorly planned. If violence became the answer in this country, there would have to be a MONUMENTAL amount of talk between Americans to understand exactly the issues that were to be fought over. You can not start insurrection on a large scale without first knowing exactly what you want to accomplish and already have a better system to put in place should you win.

It's not as easy as to say, I don't like whats happening here, I'm going to pick up a rifle and be a patriot......... There are many steps that must be taken before that EVER should be on the table because attempting to do it before the last resort will end in Anarchy and social destruction, something none of us want to see.

Communication, speech and understanding all play a part in understanding the continuation of obvious degradation of our country, not only on the local level with the police state, surveillance and taxation but also the wholesale sellout of American labor through foreign lobbyists and special interests.

If we as Americans want to get in the game and start to get our country back, we need to start opening up our mouths way before our ammo boxes.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:33 PM
link   

You can not start insurrection on a large scale without first knowing exactly what you want to accomplish and already have a better system to put in place should you win.

There is an endless list but why not start with the French Revolution, The Russian Revolution and the US War of Independence.

It seems to me that US Society is on the brink anyhow. If a society cannot evolve within itself then it will explode into revolution. It has happened time and time again. The US is not that special, it will either evolve or not and right now with two crazies to choose from it is looking like it will not.

P

edit on 22/10/2016 by pheonix358 because: changed on little letter. It was a t now it is an f.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   

There is an endless list but why not start with the French Revolution, The Russian Revolution and the US War of Independence.

Honestly, the complete response to this would take no less than a thesis to convey my feelings on the matter and unfortunately, I don't have that kind of time to dedicate at this moment.

I, for sake of brevity will sum it up the best I can at this point and that is that Americans at this point in time need more than anything to communicate their grievances on a local level. That means town, city, state, ban together, form groups, reach out to other groups in other communities or states that are dealing with the same problems..... COME TOGETHER.

Communication, organization and focus on the real issues is what is needed here. What we are lacking is concentration in our modern day society, something our forefathers did not have to endure as there was no cable tv or internet. When the law, the tax and the government starts to serve itself instead of "we the people". It is solely up to us to identify that, discuss it, band together nationally and then oppose it.

Putting violence on the table before that happens is reckless, irresponsible and dangerous to the country and although I know exactly where your coming from, after long consideration, I know this to be true.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Helious is right, there are many cases in history where conditions after a violent revolution are worse than they were before. Violent revolution has given us things such as Napoleon for one example. On the other hand how do we bring the government back under control and working for we the people instead of corporations and foreign interests. How do we get rid of all the corruption?

Voting is the obvious solution but what do you do when that has become so obviously compromised and manipulated? Some may say vote third party but that's not working so well is it? Ok so voting seems to be failing us what else do we have to utilize?

Peaceful protest. A great way to voice to your government that you are not happy with how they are running the show. Ah but this has been tried for many years now with little to no change. It seems they don't mind you outside the whitehouse gates yelling until you are blue in the face while they eat steak and lobster in a posh setting. If your cries of protest become too much of an annoyance then they simply use their militarized police force to put you back in your place. A bit of pepper spray a few smacks of a baton and off you go back home to sulk after your non-violent protest was broken up.

In conclusion we have a runaway government that has no qualms using violence to quell dissent. They have no problem sending our sons and daughters to other countries to kill people not to defend our freedoms but to look out for personal and corporate interests. How does one coordinate a country of 300+ million people to overthrow a government though? How would we re-establish a new government that would ensure our right to liberty? How do we ensure that another country does not swoop in and take power during that period of transition? Revolution is quickly becoming what seems to be the only solution but it is an extremely scary one and one I believe the majority of americans are not ready for so long as they have their cable t.v., internet , football and all the other bread and circus thrown at them.

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Imagine 30 years of clintons utter incompetence, 30 years and the US has slipped further into the abyss. 30 years of a woman who has overseen a country self destruct, 30 years of incompetence and stupidity and she says that people should vote for her

That or trump, it's just to hard to believe

I can't wait for China to become the next world empire, the US has lost the plot

posted on Oct, 23 2016 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Thoren

Those are all good questions. The thing is...... We need to come up with real good answers BEFORE and not just from a few of us 340 million people.

That process could go much quicker than it was in previous days, it's up to the people to decide if they are unhappy enough to plug in, listen and join. It's up to all of us.

As of right now, this is the government we have elected and choose to represent us, if we have enough people to say enough is enough, we must give them a chance to change course otherwise, anything else is treason.

If the critical mass makes no difference, if our grievances will not be addressed and hostility is deployed to quell the dissatisfaction, well, ask me again on where I stand.
edit on 23-10-2016 by Helious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join