It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I allowed to use my own writings for a paid Ebook?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Hi there,

I have recently decided to create a paid Ebook containing several of my stories - I would like to include several of my ATS story contest entries (or at the least, rewrite them) as part of this anthology.

My questions surrounding this are:
1. Am I allowed to include the stories?
2. If yes to #1, is there any paperwork or documentation involved (IE: Leave mention such as "published with permission from ATS's CIA division"

I'd love to see them make it, but if I have to I could potentially write other ones.

Has anyone done something like this before?

-foss

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: fossilera
If all the writing is 100% genuinely yours it should be fine. However anything that has the potential to make you money you really should have a lawyer.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Per our TAC, anything you wrote and published here is YOURS, no paperwork, no nothing, you are free to use it in any way you desire.

The only restriction is you may not use any responses from your fellow members without their expressed written consent.

posted on Oct, 21 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Yay!!!

And don't worry - I won't be adding any comments from anyone that posted on them; Thanks again to both of you!

-foss

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Jfyi, I wrote a family history book, using this free tool www.createspace.com... You can upload current pdf files that you have already written too. Then I uploaded it to the amazon book publishing site. This worked really well, because I only wanted a few printed copies for family. They do have the ebook version also. Its a very economical way to have a few copies printed. It was under $4, per book. You do not have to make the book public, you can keep it private and just invite who you want to view it. Or you can sell them via Amazon.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
Per our TAC, anything you wrote and published here is YOURS, no paperwork, no nothing, you are free to use it in any way you desire.

The only restriction is you may not use any responses from your fellow members without their expressed written consent.

Wow, that is extremely fair and unlike most Websites. Kudos to ATS and Springer, et al.

posted on Oct, 22 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

This is why I love ATS and keep coming back daily: a site owner who is invested in the site's members interests and not necessarily his profits (Although profit is a good thing too as long as it's balanced by fairness).

new topics

top topics

join