It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you do these things?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Just random... hmm, not sure what they are - They really don't make a huge difference, but they are a minor annoyance at times. So, here's a small list of "Why??'s" Perhaps you do the things I mention, or know why someone else does and know their reasoning..?

Why do you quote huge walls of text, making your single post 100x larger than your answer alone?

Why do you leave your paper towels on the ground after using them to dry your hands, and missing the garbage when throwing it away?

Why do you tailgate and turn your brights on at night when there's a passing lane and no cars/lights for miles?

Why do you expect gas station attendants to just start the pump for you when you don't come in, when this is no longer a regular thing?
On the same thought - Why do you pump an exact amount of gas - say 20 bucks, only to mess up that total with a pack of gum or candy bar?

Anyways, these things aren't really a rant of mine or anything, just oddities or slight annoyances - Anyone have an answer?

-Deadlyhope

Edit: Also, feel free to add to the list!

edit on 15-10-2016 by deadlyhope because: Add to the list!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Why does your corporate client agree to let you proof their monthly required material ahead of time so that all the in common events are supposedly "clean" and won't need to be fixed when they come through but then persist in entering them into the system wrong anyhow so that you still have to fix the same event 800+ times anyhow which is what the first proof was supposed to prevent?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

Why do you leave your paper towels on the ground after using them to dry your hands, and missing the garbage when throwing it away?

I don't, but I know some are germophobes so they wouldn't want to pick them up off the floor.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I don't, but I know some are germophobes so they wouldn't want to pick them up off the floor.

I clean up in the bathroom all the time ... and shame the Hell out of everyone who doesn't. It's having a positive effect.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
How come why you do?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

In a public bathroom?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I don't get the gas station question.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I'm always cleaning up the bathroom at work. Picking up the stray paper towels, wiping pee off the pooping seat, drying the water on the sink counter...hmmm, ok:

Why do people pee standing up with the poop seat down?

Why do people come in to start the 3 hour process of buying a car 5 minutes before a dealership closes?

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   
why do you argue left/right politics when it is proven to time and time again fail us.

Uncle Sam has 3 jobs: protect our markets, protect our currency, and protect our borders. They don't even try to do any of this, and are running a 20 trillion dollar deficit while not doing so.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope

On the same thought - Why do you pump an exact amount of gas - say 20 bucks, only to mess up that total with a pack of gum or candy bar?

Have you had the 'urgh moment' of going into a cubicle and finding Captain TP has been in? The crazy OCD dude who carpets the seat with a few layers of TP and then leaves it behind. Thanks a f***ing lot for leaving your TP nest behind for someone else to cleanup!! You sir, are an asshole! Your bare ass can't catch anything off a seat and you won't get pregnant.

I've totally bucked the trend when it comes to pumping gas. No more round numbers for me!! £16.83. £23.18. £8.39. It's the smell of FREEDOM!! How did we all get so habituated to spending in fives and round numbers? 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Agreed!

I suppose it's a "better" way to pass time than try to come up with a solution, since most people are very unlikely to take action anyways.

Left and right politics.... I mean, there's reasons to debate some issues. The two party system is crap, though.

Nation wide marijuana legalization for instance would impact many, many people in a positive way. This is mostly something the "left" advocate for.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Oh yes, I do know what you're talking about there.

Or the person who piled 400 sheets on top of their cow pie of doom without flushing. Upon flushing ourselves, we see it was not a plumbing issue.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

People will sit at a pump for five minutes, come in all flustered and ask why I didn't allow them to start pumping without any prepayment, or even just telling me they will pay after. They just think it's obvious they should be able to lift any handle anywhere and gas should either flow out right away, or the attendant should do the actions required so they can do so...

Big reasons I don't do this include people driving off because they genuinely believed their credit card authorized, when it didn't - I also don't tend to just trust people - whether it has to do with their common sense, or honesty - no reason to assume all gas station goers have either.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Why do I eat ghost peppers with my drinking buddies?
It hurts everytime.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Oh, well around here the attendant will call out the pump number then say "please pay Inside when your done" over the intercom so you would now right away.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Why do I eat ghost peppers with my drinking buddies?
It hurts everytime.

And often the second time.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The kids' carts at the grocery store that look like a racecar ... why do people think it's fun to take those out into the parking lot of rainy days and leave them there so that the seats in the cart are soaked for the next little kid who comes along and really, really wants to ride around the store and "drive"?

We always swap our groceries into a general cart and leave the racecar in the store for the next kid.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

In a public bathroom?

Of course. If you make a mess, you should clean it up ... Not leave it there for the next hour waiting for an attendant while everyone else has to work around it.

I've also always wanted to write up a rant about people who don't flush the toilet as soon as they drop their load in the water. That's why the public bathroom smells two or three times worse than it has to. LOL

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I might make sure my own hits the trash, but I draw the line at picking up someone else's.

posted on Oct, 16 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I might make sure my own hits the trash, but I draw the line at picking up someone else's.

Some people just weren't raised right (not talking about you ... talking about the inconsiderates). I've always abided by the adage that says leave it cleaner than when you arrived.

A couple of months ago there was some fluff about a guy found unconscious on the bathroom floor. I found out exactly what happened last week. He was 'dribbling' (maybe intentionally) at the urinal. A guy came up and pushed his head full-force into the fixture and left him laying in his puddle. The dribbler has since been 'let go'. People are getting fed-up with Inconsiderates.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join