It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency sirens went off on 10-13-2016.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
So, in the early morning hours of Thursday, Oct 13th, (2016) in Longmont, CO, the public emergency siren system went off, from 3am (on some accounts) to 5am.

The city said there is a malfunction in the system because they could not turn them off at the control board, but instead had to travel to each tower and turn them off manually. The tone being emitted from the sirens was not the normal tone, either. (There is a video at the link below with the actual sound that was recorded).

Longmont Times-call

However, as I was strolling around the web today, I ran across an article talking about similer events occuring in San Diego, CA and Tacoma, WA. (However, I have been unable to find cooroberating artcles on their respective websites).

The fishy thing I found was the article also says military aircraft were also scrambled from a couple of sites at the same time.

Intellihub

Not sure what to make of this. Was our system hacked, and things made to look fishy in order for this response to occur.

Are Public emergency sirens linked to the web, can they be hacked and triggered at whim?

Is there some training going on, all be it, kept silent, or is it something else?

Thoughts?

edit on C163105943 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

edit on C164100100 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

edit on C164101831 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Thanks for the direct link..
Yep sounds like a malfunction
Or the MKultra project is in effect, and soon "they" can choose who people will vote for
edit on 15-10-2016 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider

(There is a video at the link below with the actual sound that was recorded)

That reminds to be seen

Could not find anything, been looking for some time at the link you gave

Longmont times call site is slow, even for me.

Here is a direct link to the video/audio of the longmont sirens.

Audio of longmont sirens

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   
My question is: How many sought shelter or heeded the sirens ? How many just passed it off as one of those things. That would be most interesting.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
My question is: How many sought shelter or heeded the sirens ? How many just passed it off as one of those things. That would be most interesting.

I'm guessing not many. It's like the freaking zombpocalypse out there or something. There was a loud car alarm going off last night for fifteen solid minutes and not one person came out of their building to check and see if anything was going on...and that's even considering that we've had several cars broken into over the past few months, too.

No one seems to take anything too seriously. I find that to be quite alarming (pardon the unfortunate pun), especially in light of current tensions with certain global powers, and the yawns of indifference to them from the general public. It's beginning to feel like the Twilight Zone and X-files are doing a crossover episode and I'm trapped inside of it...and I'm the only one without a script.

So...is it possible that odd things like this could be deliberate tests of public reaction to various different levels of perceived threat or alarm? I think yes, that is entirely within the realm of possibility. I think a whole lot of crazy sh!t is possible lately. In fact, at this point the only thing I think may be impossible is for anything to surprise me anymore.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I doubt very much that there will be a world war three, that is in the sense of a nuclear exchange between the super powers. Having said that I did message my daughter saying that if there was any sort of blackout then she should stay put and I would come to hers. Of course being an ATS dude my family think that I am a bit mad, such is the way.
Here in Glasgow there are no shelters that I know of, nor indeed has there ever been a recognisable warning siren.
I have a feeling that after the American election all of this will settle down. It might even be a useful distraction concerning that very issue. Who can say?

Glasgow would probably be wiped out anyway given our proximity to Faslane.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Most people don't have any options against even conventional bombs or missiles, and so probably don't figure getting up and scrambling around in a panic is worth the stress and loss of sleep on the extremely unlikely chance that our airspace has been violated and an attack is underway.

Personally, I'd probably be trying to figure it out at least, then angry that rare hours of sleep were lost for nothing.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Well FEMA did nationwide testing of the EAS back on Sept 13th 2016 so it is plausible they are still trying to work out kinks in the system.

FEMA EAS Testing Sept 13th 2016

The EAS is usually tested every month in localities and usually the same days each month.
edit on 15-10-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Wow really? Just before the Tsunami hit one town in Indonesia, there was a phone call telling someone to sound the alarm, he did, everyone evacuated. No-one knows where the call originated.

Back when there were reports of UFOs sitting outside the fence by missile silos, disabling the missiles in their silos. There is no off switch for these things.

Who knows why these sirens are going off in different locations around the country. If the reports are real and not fabricated and all...

Wait, its the internet, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
A great reply

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

It sounds like a 'Trigger' to me. People know what the sound means when they hear it they immediately go into panic mode. This is being done purposely there's no doubt in my mind anyways. Or/and they were testing it, and gave the false response of 'it was only a malfunction'. Meanwhile, things continue on the road to craziness and incoherent change.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I can cast my mind back to 1983 at about 11am, I was over here in England in the small new town of Skelmersdale in Lacashire, it was a Sunday but even on Sunday's while we had the shop's closed back then on Sunday's (not anymore) there was usually still life around of some kind but I remember as I walked back from my friend's home through the town centre how unusually quiet it was.

Then the air raid siren sounded, at first I thought what the heck is that and it just kept on going off sounding over the town, I got really scared and started to run home but then realized that if it was an atomic attack then I would never make it in time so just walked praying (I was a very religious kid) and hoping my family and friend's would be safe.

The siren's stopped about half an hour later and were followed by a deathly silence, it was as if even the wind had stopped blowing and the whole town was eerily silent like I had stepped through a door into another world were there were no people but when I finally got home my mother was there so that illusion passed as did the fright.

It coincided with this event.
www.wired.com...

Who know's maybe I did step into another reality for a moment, one that was about to be vaporized in an atomic bombardment, would we even know if we were near the epicentre of the blast that we had been killed, could many of us today be ghosts never even realizing that we had died.

edit on 15-10-2016 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
If UFOs have been known to shut off nuclear reactors then MAYBE, they're behind this too? I know that sounds far fetched but let's face it, we're living in an era of extreme high-strangeness where common sense hardly exists!

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Sounds like a hack to me. EAS got hacked back in September EAS hack thread

And just yesterday Obama said we are talking of taking cyber actions against Russia.
cyber attack thread

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
How weird it is to hear this happening in Longmont Colorado. I am from Boulder and have lived in Longmont for over 25 yrs and have never heard the sirens go off. Right now I reside in California so to hear about that in such a busted relatively town is kinda crazy. I myself am not sure what to think of it however everyone seems to think Colorado would be the place to go if shtf. I on the the other hand would think it would be one of the first states to go. I am a prepper, survivalist, whatever a person who I ready these days is called. Whether its a test or malfunction it scares me to think that no one made a move in seeking some kind of safety. I have family there, my kids there. I tell them but no one listens. Perhaps though people are a little more aware after this incident.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
weird.
on the tickertape this am while watching the today weather segment i read something describing how the cia was planning to cyber attack the kremlin, or something along those lines- anyone else see it?

as the case being a severe weather alert, i wonder if wind caused some of the damage(s)?

no components on the mainframe sizzled? nothing to repair?
that would be weird enough for me?

remember the plane that went down and the pilot and his crew were given silly incorrect names like sumting wong?
people charged to keep us informed are really dropping the ball lately, huh?

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jrome7812

Depends who you could see as an adversary. Keep in mind NORAD is in Colorado Springs.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

I put the thread to the cyber attack in my comment two before yours.

Also as far as damage I don't think so. This next bit is a quote from a different article.

"The poles actually made a sound that is not programmed into our system in any way, it was a completely different tone, even the manufacturer says it isn't something their poles are designed to make." -- Dan Eamon, Emergency Manager, City of Longmont

source

Seriously smells of a hack.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

i don't suppose heavy winds had much to do with it if there wasn't any damage to repair to anything. especially in colorado?

are the sirens old school with a rotating whatever it's called like the old ambulances; mechanical?

555 timers are pretty durable i suppose? they have to do with the frequency of the signal?

poor dudes that had to manually shut them off- my hearing would fail up that close and personal.

posted on Oct, 15 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

This system was retrofitted in 2012. Also note the whole system was effected with the same sound, which the manufacturer said the sirens were not designed to make and the local authorities noted they had no programming for.

My guess this gets brushed under the rug and doesn't surface on MSM just like the September EAS hack
Which was isolated to one station.

It looks as if every emergency system is being tested by someone to see vulnerabilities and also our reaction to the hacks, which for both cases (assuming this is one) was to turn it off.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join