It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

30-children-covered-mysterious-rash-California-elementary-school

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:42 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

lake forest elemmentary school ( an affluent area in orange county, ca ) 10 teachers were affected., all involved inb the afterschool program....45 cases in all so far....Mosquitoes, flees, spiders, mites and mice have been ruled out as cause...they are pretty sure it is not bed bugs because they are easy to spot at night

they sprayed the school and the outside grounds 2 times but more cases occurred....they put out traps , five new cases in the Saddleback Valley Unified School District have since been reported. they are going to spray the school again

symptoms itchy bites welts and rashes all over the body...there are pics at the link. anyone have a guess on what this could be?

just seems odd that they can;t figure out what this is

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
They look a lot like mosquito bites are looking around here lately.

I say it like that because I swear I have never seen such skin reactions to mosquito bites before. I know a child who was covered in bumps like these and they looked so red and angry I thought it had to be measles or something but when I asked the parent they said it was just mosquito bites.

I feel like mosquito bites HURT more than they used to also. I remember as a child having many that itched like crazy but now they almost burn. IDK just my opinion on that, not trying to derail.

I don't think it would be bed bugs, unless all these kids went on a trip somewhere or stayed in the same housing at some point (same apartments?).

They really should be able to figure this out, I'd think fleas but it says they ruled them out. Bizarro.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Only people at that school are affected? Could be something in the cafeteria.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

oh,, saddleback is the name of the school district so all the cases are at the one school so far

way back in the day, when my mom would get bitten by mosquitoes...her bites were always bigger than normal...some people do react like that.....
edit on 29-9-2016 by research100 because: added info

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
We have had a very humid Summer here in SoCal.

I live 30 south of this School. It's a very wealthy area.

We had rat mites for the first time ever.

Lots of strange weather.

Things we have never seen here, are popping up all over the area.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

thanks for the input...always good to hear from someone in the area..whatever the cause...sounds like the perfect combination came together resulting in this situation
edit on 29-9-2016 by research100 because: dang spelling

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I'm voting allergy

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Didn't some group release genetically modified mosquitos a year or two back to try and force the population of mosquitos carrying some disease into extinction?
South africa, maybe?

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

"Mosquitoes, flees, spiders, mites and mice have all been ruled out as the source, said Jared Dever of the Orange County Mosquito and Vector Control.
Dever said bed bugs are also unlikely the cause, as they are noticeable and tend to strike when people are asleep or immobile, he told NBC Los Angeles."

Hmmm🤔. I'm clueless then.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edit: if they sprayed 2 times before for mosquitos, could this be a reaction to the sprayed chemicals itself?
edit on 29-9-2016 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Nah man, I would've been proud of my country for that one, and have been aware.
I've always been saying we should engineer a pathogen to kill all the mosquitos.

Are they really that critical to the food chain?

edit on 29-9-2016 by GreenGunther because: Technicality

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Lots of strange weather.

The cities will get more interesting over time, the denser the population center the easier to transmit anything.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

New kinds of pesticides in the grass? My daughter breaks out when she's rolling around in treated grass.
edit on 29-9-2016 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Lots of strange weather.

It was really humid and rainy abnormally last year. They kept calling it El Nino but it was spread out over months.

I was driving by the Palm Beach Tan in Tustin by the Ralph's while it was downpooring in the middle of summer and I had to take a picture because I couldn't figure out where I was at.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Abysha the district noticed sept 15,,,parets were not notified until a week later,,,it sounds like they sprayed the field after the outbreak of this rash...and they have kept the kids off the field but one had a couple more bites a week later after his original rash.

those look like some kind of bites to me

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Orange Count and SoCal in general is totally chaotic you never know.

It's basically a hub for the entire planet.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

It looks like hives.
Allergic reactions, chemicals in certain foods, insect stings, sunlight exposure, or medications can all cause histamine release. It's often impossible to find out exactly why hives have formed. There are several different types of hives, including: Acute urticaria: Hives lasting less than six weeks.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: Darkmadness

Abysha the district noticed sept 15,,,parets were not notified until a week later,,,it sounds like they sprayed the field after the outbreak of this rash...and they have kept the kids off the field but one had a couple more bites a week later after his original rash.

those look like some kind of bites to me

That they do... Doesn't look like mosquito bites, those are too big unless they were all bit in the same spot by three or more mosquitoes. Don't look like spider bites, and the kids would have felt the spiders crawling if there were that many. Flea bites are similar to mosquito bites, so that's not it either. Never had a mite or a mouse bite, but a mouse would pull skin away and you'd feel it.

I'll tell you what I've experienced, though, that wasn't mentioned so far... When I'm fishing out at my pond, if I'm not wearing Deet on the bottom of my clothes, I'll get bitten by chiggers. They're itchy and their bites will leave welps. Chigger bites stay swollen for a few days before they turn into small red bumps. However, the kids and teachers would have had to have been rolling around in the grass to get chiggers that high on their body. Here's a picture to compare.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I had a random skin problem for over 2 years that I couldnt figure out with over 40 doctor visits and finally someone gave me an antiobiotic that worked.

They never figure out what it was and it looked a lot like that.

Borax and peroxide is the only thing that worked for me until the one antibiotic i had to take for over a month.

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
California Healthline.org, Sept. 26, 2016 - Riverside County Confirms Case Of Leprosy.

Could it be spreading? You would never think Leprosy (Hansen's disease) but you never know. Just throwing it out there.

Nevermind! I just looked at some photos and I missed the ball on this post!

edit on 29-9-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: notorious b.a.d. spelling

edit on 29-9-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: saw what leprosy actually looks like and this ain't it

posted on Sep, 29 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Just looking at the two different boys pics side by side, I am amazed that the marks are nearly exactly the same in observation! Biting insects don't bite everyone exactly the same. Ithasto be a allergic reaction to something. The bodies adrenal glands and immune system will respond the same in the majority of humans.

Look closer at the rash marks in the pictures. They all are in the same spots and configuration, depending on the severity. They must be allergic to something and this is justa symptom of their bodies fighting against the foriegn contaminant.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join