It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Choosing Sanity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I know some of you have noticed that I have backed off of ATS lately (thank you for the IMs) and the short story is I have chosen my sanity over actively participating in this election going forward. I was not happy and I was simply getting more bitter and angry because of all the rhetoric. I didn't like being put in a position of trying to defend one steaming pile of crap over the other because frankly, they both plain stink. So, I decided to simply 'hide' from all of the BS, commercials, debates etc until November and see if things are better.

I already know I can't vote for Hillary so I simply don't require anymore information to cast my vote. Gary Johnson is a terrible Libertarian and Jill Stein has nothing in common with me so I can only vote for Trump which I will do come election day.

For now I am choosing sanity. You people that can continue to argue, bicker and debate over these candidates are stronger than me mentally. I simply can't become a better person or more importantly a happy person by continuing to discuss the incredible idiots we are forced to choose between this election.

[SNIP]
edit on 27-9-2016 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Admirable decision. None of this is worth happiness. On the bright side sometimes rock bottom get people woken up. Redo 2020.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Admirable decision. None of this is worth happiness. On the bright side sometimes rock bottom get people woken up. Redo 2020.

Thank you for the kind words.

I realized I wasn't proud to support anything this election so all I did was focus on negative energy and my extreme dislike of one candidate over another. It was toxic.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Hmmm, interesting. But frankly I find what you are doing to be somewhat surprising, from what I gathered of your personality from reading(rarely participating) your post both during, and before, I joined.

If you can't be someplace because the opinion of others bothers you so much that you have to "leave" then you are pretty much like the people who want their nice little conflict free spaces. But maybe you agreed with that from the get go, I seem to recall otherwise.

Point being, you don't have to participate, read or even click on the crap political stuff. Sure it is pretty in your face, right now, but ATS threads have always been filled with bi partisan bickering and jabs long before any election. I certainly wouldn't let it run me off, sway my emotions or stifle my platform to discuss meaningful things with others. That's just illogical.

Hope you come back soon.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I think it was difficult simply because I had no positive conviction regarding any of the candidates. I am still going to hang out here and there, but as far as I am concerned this election is over. I have all the information I need or could ever want and will just wait until the entire sordid affair is over.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I know the feeling, as a non partisan, non party affiliated, unregistered voter that's never voted in any presidential election. I can certainly see how unbearable this sideshow really is.

It's a shame though, I would have hoped that this of all places would have been somewhat of a refuge from the madness.

edit on 27-9-2016 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I already know I can't vote for Hillary so I simply don't require anymore information to cast my vote. Gary Johnson is a terrible Libertarian and Jill Stein has nothing in common with me so I can only vote for Trump which I will do come election day.

Hmmm... Ironically, I'm sure Trumps relying on this exact 'spoiled child' style of bitterness from Americans towards there own country, to get himself into the Whitehouse.

Truth be told, you guys have never had it better and have even thrived under Obama's policies.

But, the 80's & 90's Hollywood propaganda is over. No longer are the American people been taught that the US is the only country in the world which has freedom and a high quality of life... there are indeed others!

This fact has really put a chip on the shoulder of quite a few people in the US... jealously and the sense of entitlement has compromised there logical thought process, to the point that there on the verge of having a tantrum of mass proportions and throwing all there toys out of the pram in the process.

Basically, the average Trump supporter is just someone who wasn't skilled enough to make there few million dollars and now want's to burn the American dream to the ground... just to insure no one else has the chance to be more successful than they were.

Jealousy's are curse... no offence dude.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

So (just guessing) you want Hillary for president.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think its in the best interest of Americans (and the world) to continue the status quo of the Obama administration.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I think its in the best interest of Americans (and the world) to continue the status quo of the Obama administration.

Fair enough.

I don't think so.

I tend to side with paying less taxes, having smaller government, enjoying more freedoms.

Not saying any candidate is going to provide all that, but I know of at least one that definitely won't.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I get what your saying. It's hard to simply defend Trump against Hillary. The threads quickly devolve and your can find yourself taking that defense much farther than you can stomach.

I'll miss your posts as your one of the folks here POV I like to see from. Hope you don't stay away long, good luck man.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

I tend to side with paying less taxes, having smaller government, enjoying more freedoms.

Not saying any candidate is going to provide all that, but I know of at least one that definitely won't.

Is the "one" you refer to Trump?

I think its safe to say that the very foundation of his ego is based on power and profit for himself, he is not going to concede any of it for the good of the common people... his far more likely to take it from the people, than give it.

Hillary will more likely strive to make the US more prosperous than it was when her husband was in power, to satisfy her ego.

Psychology 101!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Hillary will raise my taxes.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hillary will raise my taxes.

They'll all raise your taxes mate... that's what politicians do.

posted on Sep, 27 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
And this is why he had to leave. He comes here trying to explain why he is walking away and you attack him and tell him he is wrong.

SMH I find it shameful for you to do this in this thread!

I completely understand and respect why you feel this way.

I look forward to your return.

edit on 9/27/2016 by Martin75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Basically, the average Trump supporter is just someone who wasn't skilled enough to make there few million dollars and now want's to burn the American dream to the ground... just to insure no one else has the chance to be more successful than they were. Jealousy's are curse... no offence dude.

Damn... you are on fire

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Did you really just type that with a straight face ?...You really believe that trump will lower taxes reign in the government and create more freedoms for the people/////....

WOW...!!!...

I guess its likely that you do considering you posted that rubbish in a thread that was trying to escape the madness of politics/....

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

we each do what we must - tek care and hope to see you back once the wingnuttery has subsided

but i warn you - it wont stop with the election

i shall hang in here - with no ` dog in the fight ` - i am managing to offend the frothing parisans in both camps

its fun in a perverse way

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You have a reading comprehension problem?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
And this is why he had to leave. He comes here trying to explain why he is walking away and you attack him and tell him he is wrong.

SMH I find it shameful for you to do this in this thread!

The OP stated he was sick of the political rhetoric on ATS and then claimed he is no longer interested in participating in it. Then in the very next paragraph, he makes a blatant pro-Trump comment... lol

....What can I say? If you play with the bull, you get the horns.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join