It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Police Tweet for help on UFO: Hot, Invisible & Flying into the wind

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+82 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
UFO Captured By Police Helicopter In St Athens, Wales With Onboard FLIR Camera on September 17.
The pilot could not see it in the daylight, only through the infrared camera.

The National Police Air Service posted the video to their Twitter feed a few days ago, asking their followers if they had "any suggestion" as to what the object might be.
Video here from the original tweet.
twitter.com...

Footage showing a heat-emitting UFO which was invisible to the human eye has been captured by a police helicopter as it was flying over Bristol.

A dark, circular shape is seen hovering in the sky as police monitors can be heard observing what they are seeing - although they have admitted they have no idea what it was.

The clip was filmed on Saturday September 17 and shared online by NPAS St Athan , the National Police Air Service based in South Wales.
The filming was set to 'black hot', which means there is heat coming off the craft.

"Really difficult to judge the size but we filmed it for just over seven minutes as we were coming back into land," they add.
NPAS St Athan/TwitterUFO Filmed in BristolThe NPAS St Athan helicopter filmed the craft above Bristol
They posted the original clip on September 23, writing: "Any suggestion?? Nothing seen by local ATC," referring to Air Traffic Control. They added an alien emoji to the tweet.
The clip, which they have revealed is part of a much longer video, was filmed "over the Bristol channel at approx 1,000ft", they explained.

www.mirror.co.uk... (I know I know the M

The object was filmed for 7 minutes.

Like the the NPAS asked....ANY SUGGESTIONS ATS?
edit on 26-9-2016 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Hmm...That's a strange one, i like it

And no suggestions from me on this one

Also pretty cool that they release the video, actually surprising .
edit on 26-9-2016 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What an odd request.. The police asking for public help in identifying an unidentified flying object.. Never heard of this before.
Guess we can safely assume it was something mundane otherwise the ministry of defence would have been all over it.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
You know what this video reminds me of? The "UFO Video Captured By Homeland Security" that was dug up last year (and analysed on this very forum). Doesn't look much like a bird in this capture though.
edit on 26-9-2016 by Orborus because: less is more

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

I was born and raised in bristol. This isnt the first time this has happened (police helicoptor chasing a ufo). I remember a few years back they chased one i think from bristol, over the severn and into wales. Im going to have a look and see if i can dig up the story

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Possibly some kind of new drone?

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

At points it reminds me of a Solar balloon , that's all I got.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
That's my home City, what is going on?

Just one question, if they couldn't see it with the naked eye, how did they know there was something there in the first place?

Asking the public for suggestions, yeah that sounds like plod alright.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Police said it was possible to be a balloon or lantern but it was fling INTO the wind, not with it.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Orborus

Look somewhat like the tether UFO

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Hot air balloon in the far distance. The "wobbling" is due to the distance.

Next...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   
www.reddit.com...

- this recent sighting posted on Reddit a few days ago is interesting, seems to be a similar object.

In their videos its glowing a bright red, this thing isn't a lantern, its like a glowing bright red ball. Advanced drone tech? Seems very advanced if so: "disappeared upwards in the clouds rapidly", "Made no sound".

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

I was born and raised in bristol. This isnt the first time this has happened (police helicoptor chasing a ufo). I remember a few years back they chased one i think from bristol, over the severn and into wales. Im going to have a look and see if i can dig up the story

Yes and it was the South Wales Police helicopter that chased it down the Bristol Channel initially, then it went over Wales and disappeared I believe.

I've seen three U.F.O's over Bristol, Definitely a bit of a hotspot.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

www.educatinghumanity.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

St Athan has an RAF and MoD base there. It is also not the first time St Athan gets a ufo helicopter chase either.

St Athan

BBC ufo St Athan

Coincidence? I would like to say it is our area 51, but it is more like our area 2 and a bit.

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   

S& flag freeze the video at 31 seconds in wtf

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
a reply to: Orborus

Look somewhat like the tether UFO

Are these stars? Star-protectors? Sun-children? Some kind of atmospheric energy biota? I feel we're starting to scratch the 'sky' a bit more as of late, watching as the paint cracks and falls off.
edit on 26-9-2016 by Orborus because: spelling

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Hot air balloon in the far distance. The "wobbling" is due to the distance.

Next...

Well looks like there was some hot-air ballooning going on around that area the 17th:
Ballooning

The lack of normal visualization may be because of distance? Just guessing….

posted on Sep, 26 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
That's my home City, what is going on?

Just one question, if they couldn't see it with the naked eye, how did they know there was something there in the first place?

Asking the public for suggestions, yeah that sounds like plod alright.

I hesitate to point out to a fellow South Walian that St Athan's is not a city

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join