It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An LSU fan says # technology and time clocks!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   
That is all.

Dayum!!!!

This is text that I am adding only so ATS can taste the salty sweet of my Cajun tears.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

I just watched the end of the game.

LSU didn't get it off and I am an impartial observer, however, that was a great ending. Good game for sure.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I read about that in the comments section at Bring on the Cats.

All I have to say is ouch!

I know it sucks to be an LSU fan tonight.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Condolences KJ.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You'll get over it,
Take it from a Cubs fan. 100 plus and counting.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Noooooo!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Whats happening to LSU these days? I got so used to them winning nearly every game every year. They were always a contender for the championship. I miss those days. The close ones really hurt..

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

Almost every team has its feast and famine. Even Alabama will have its time back in the shade again at some point.

posted on Sep, 24 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

What's happening is Les is about to start looking for a job.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Are you kiddin me ? Bellyaching over LSUs close loss to that other unnamed SEC Team ? Look what happened to the Dawgs / I only hope that they can keep it close when they play that other unnamed SEC Georgia rival ( the War Eagles. Tigers. Do they even have an official name?)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Bah, my game was called at halftime on account of bad weather. Of course, we were playing a nobody opponent and had them so overmatched it was pointless to wait for the storm to clear, but I do like my games.

We're projected to suck so hard this year that we should savor every chance we have to win.
edit on 25-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:23 AM
link   

There was nearly a fistfight at my sister in law's house (she's an alum from LSU) since her husband is a Notre Dame fame and he's been smarting ever since the national championship loss. He really rubbed it in yesterday.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not sure how exactly you rub that in. It smarts to lose something so close, and it really hurts to have something rolled back on the recall like that.

You can rail at the coaches for poor clock management, but shouldn't the team/QB have been aware that they had to get the play off fast.

But on the other side of the equation, if Auburn was really winning the game, they never would have put themselves in the position to allow LSU to really threaten for the game like that in the first place.

So really, IMO, as an outsider looking in. The game was a tossup and what the crying is really all about is the extreme emotional swing caused by the replay. The heroes went to zeroes and vice versa after the fact. I remember a certain game we played against Miami where we held off a 4-play goal line stand and they had a ruled TD called back on the replay that allowed us to hold of for the win. It was a similar thing, but at least the clock never ran down to let them feel like they had won before the replay called it back.
edit on 25-9-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Not sure how exactly you rub that in.

He said if LSU had the same education standards as ND that maybe they would know how to tell time.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, like saying that KU's library burned down and all three books were destroyed and one of them hadn't even been colored in yet ...

Clock management was a problem there. I don't know how LSU does things, but with us that's either on the coach or the QB depending on how much trust the coach has in the QB.

Of course, 1 sec to get set and run a play is just 1 sec.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

LSU didn't get it off and I am an impartial observer, however, that was a great ending. Good game for sure.

Someone told me the ref told them he would let them know when the clock started, he never did. I didn't see it.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Metallicus

Someone told me the ref told them he would let them know when the clock started, he never did. I didn't see it.

Now how on earth did the Big XII refs end of officiating an SEC game? Stuff like that tends to only happen in our league.

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

There you go.

He's gone as well as offensive coordinator.

Advocate

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

You called it! Les Miles just got fired. Interim coach is Ed Orgeron. Hope he can turn things around. Woo Hoo!

edit on 25-9-2016 by EchoesInTime because: add link

edit on 25-9-2016 by EchoesInTime because: removed broken link

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Wow, talk about hot seat ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join