It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Carolina Has declared a State of Emergency After Violent Clashes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:45 AM
link   
CNN

Violent protests raged in Charlotte for the second night over the police shooting of an African-American man, prompting the North Carolina governor to declare a state of emergency.

One civialian reported to be deceased, is not.

What started off as peaceful protests descended into chaos Wednesday night, with some protesters overturning trash cans and setting the contents on fire.

Moments after her father was shot, Lyric Scott had started recording on Facebook Live, screaming at officers on the scene."They shot my daddy 'cause he's black," she said. "He was sitting in his car reading a mother******* book. So they shot him. That's what happened."

The protests go on for a second night.

edit on 22-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

It will be interested once the body cam footage comes out, if it exists. They are protesting the shooting of an armed man who didn't follow clear instructions according to the official story. I hope Tulsa doesn't follow this lead, I'm going home (to Tulsa) after Columbus Day for a week.

If some footage comes out disputing the official story it will get worse, but I'm afraid if footage came out that confirmed the official story it wouldn't get any better.

Looks like this is the only side of the story we have right now. It's an hour long and the language is NSFW.

ETA: After the shooting cell phone video from the daughter.
edit on 9 22 2016 by bonsaihorn because: (no reason given)

edit on 9 22 2016 by bonsaihorn because: Additional commentary

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bonsaihorn

The OS is often not right. However, I watched the video, He may have been walking, but his hands were in the air and his vehicle window closed. It will be difficult to defend this OS or not the OS.

I hope Tulsa is ok for you.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: bonsaihorn

It will be interested once the body cam footage comes out, if it exists. They are protesting the shooting of an armed man who didn't follow clear instructions according to the official story. I hope Tulsa doesn't follow this lead, I'm going home (to Tulsa) after Columbus Day for a week.

If some footage comes out disputing the official story it will get worse, but I'm afraid if footage came out that confirmed the official story it wouldn't get any better.

I read somewhere or heard , that the police officer wasn't wearing one. But they may have some dash cam video. I could be wrong as I have been wrong before.

edit on 22-9-2016 by Tarzan the apeman. because: My keyboard is dieing......

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   
In the midst of our civilization, down in our slums and labor-ghettos, we had bred a race of barbarians, of savages; and now, in the time of our calamity, they turned upon us like the wild beasts they were and destroyed us. And they destroyed themselves as well-They inflamed themselves with strong drink and committed a thousand atrocities, quarreling and killing one another in the general madness. - jack London 1912

A hundred years ago we had writers that predicted what the 2000's would look like. I'm not sure destroying your own community works but hey if it didn't work the first hundred times try it again.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:18 AM
link   
So how many states now are in a State of Emergency?

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
In the midst of our civilization, down in our slums and labor-ghettos, we had bred a race of barbarians, of savages; and now, in the time of our calamity, they turned upon us like the wild beasts they were and destroyed us. And they destroyed themselves as well-They inflamed themselves with strong drink and committed a thousand atrocities, quarreling and killing one another in the general madness. - jack London 1912

A hundred years ago we had writers that predicted what the 2000's would look like. I'm not sure destroying your own community works but hey if it didn't work the first hundred times try it again.

And here you are. You proved Jack London right.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I think the other states of emergencies due to the pipeline were lifted. If not it is 6. And 6 would fulfill yout fantasies of an Obama martial law. So, to be nice to you, I won;t search to see what happened with the gas thing. You need something to sleep well.
edit on 22-9-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I'm not lighting peoples cars on fire. The Americans that are hurting people and destroying their own neighborhoods prove him correct. It's senseless and makes whatever cause they think they're fighting for null and void.
edit on 22-9-2016 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:25 AM
link   
The daughter states that thy shot him because he is black...
Could have been, however I have seen plenty of videos where white people get shot for no reason too.

The most memorable ones were the one where they guy was wearing headphones and couldn't hear the instructions by the 'officer' behind him, so he got shot in the back and died.

The other one is the one where the white guy was shot because he lifted his tshirt, then he lay dying in the gutter and the police guy searches his pockets to desperately find something to blame. Which he doesn't. Could have even been two different cases, my memory is hazy on this.

Then there is the one where two black officers [a woman and a man] shoot a clearly very disturbed white teenager with mental problems at point blank, when they could have just locked her into the room and called someone more able to handle mental illness.

Also the one where a loving [white] husband or son [can't remember] who had a psychotic episode and the wife/mother called the police for help and he got shot.

Another one that really irks me is the one where the homeless guy is holding a camping knife is mowed down by automatic machine guns held by no less than 5 'scared' police clowns. He was white.

I could go on and on and I mostly remember white people getting killed by the so called 'police'. Maybe because I am white and maybe because it happens so often.

Never have there been riots because of this, even though I think there should have been. As all those cases are the ones that are not justified.

There are also plenty of cases where the police shoot someone and it IS justified.

I saw a black guy driving erratically with a two year old in the back, then getting out and shooting at the police. Bang, he was shot. Totally agree.

The trouble I have with this 'only black people are targeted by the police' is making me angry.

First of all, they are probably profiled [rightly or wrongly]. Meaning that officers have more experience of trouble from the black community than the white. Hence, they overreact. Not good at all but human nature.

After all, if you get stung by mosquitoes a lot, you tend to be weary around them, whilst a Ladybird will not elicit the same reaction.

I am sick and tired of this victim mentality by black people. Whilst it isn't nice to be profiled, the whole thing isn't 100% whitey's fault.
I can't stand the premise that black people are angels and would never do anything wrong and then get shot.
That can by common sense and logic not be true.

I could go with 50/50. The good black people can blame armed, ruthless gang members or violent thugs amongst the decent population for that.
The police side should be ashamed for profiling because of experience. Each case is different.

BOTH sides are responsible for this sharade and all I'd like to see is just an INCH from the black community to understand and not just think that

a) only white officers kill people
b) just black people get shot - for no reason
c) they are all innocent, hardworking lambs being done an injustice because of higher levels of melanin in their skin....

give me a break.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I think the other states of emergencies due to the pipeline were lifted. If not it is 6. And 6 would fulfill yout fantasies of an Obama martial law. So, to be nice to you, I won;t search to see what happened with the gas thing. You need something to sleep well.

I ask an innocent question and that is the response? Hell, you should work for Hillary!
edit on 22-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

lol! with the level of her responses, she would be her vice! Hands up!

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666

I could go with 50/50. The good black people can blame armed, ruthless gang members or violent thugs amongst the decent population for that.
The police side should be ashamed for profiling because of experience. Each case is different.
[/qoute]

The 50/50 ratio is the worst grey area you could experience in any situation.

If I knew for a fact, (which it is) that 13% of the population is committing around 50% of all murders nationwide, that 13% would make me very nervous and highly suspicious no matter who I am.

That's not a problem with law enforcement, that's a cultural problem the 13% WILL NOT ADDRESS. They expect to be treated the same across the board regardless, which is bs.

Law enforcement has every right and duty to be HIGHLY CAUTIOUS considering a supossed 50/50 ratio of making it home alive after every interaction. That's the nerve racking ratio a majority of LE are taught and firmly believe, especially if they are prior military. Broad brushing an entire race is wrong, but again if 13% are committing around 50% of all murders amongst other crimes at a comparable rate, what do you expect?

edit on E30America/ChicagoThu, 22 Sep 2016 05:56:15 -05009amThursdaynd05am by EternalShadow because: correction

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

I heard Noory say on C2C tonight that there was bodycam footage that was not being released so as to not "negatively impact the integrity of the case".

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Never combative haha..

The Pipeline is back up and running as of last night.
Source

Everything should be back to normal in a few days gas wise.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: avgguy

Those people doing what they are doing are Deplorables incarnate.
What could they be thinking, im speechless

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

Law enforcement has every right and duty to be HIGHLY CAUTIOUS considering a supossed 50/50 ratio of making it home alive after every interaction.

What?

I'm not sure you know what 50/50 means. I'm not an expert, but if half of all police officers in the country were killed at work yesterday, and then half of those remaining were killed today, seems like we'd be hearing about it.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Actually North Dakota is still in a state of emergency, at least according to the ACLU (as of September 13). That could have something to do with opening lines of credit as opposed to an actual disaster though. I can't find anything on state government or FEMA pages stating as much.

ETA: I know it is different than the pipeline issue you are referring to, but due to a pipeline nonetheless...

edit on 9 22 2016 by bonsaihorn because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

If I knew for a fact, (which it is) that 13% of the population is committing around 50% of all murders nationwide, that 13% would make me very nervous and highly suspicious no matter who I am.

I understand those are the numbers and conclusions thrown around, so I understand why you believe that's true. But, actually, no, you don't know that for a fact. That entire 13% of the population is NOT committing crimes, much less murder. Rather, in truth, a disproportionate percentage of all crime (including murder) is committed by a small subset of that 13%... Specifically, the gang members.

And if you dig deep, you will also learn that proportionally, White gang members ( bikers, skinheads, etc) commit an even higher proportion than Black gang members.

posted on Sep, 22 2016 @ 10:00 AM
link   

CNN

Violent protests raged in Charlotte for the second night over the police shooting of an African-American man, prompting the North Carolina governor to declare a state of emergency.

One civialian reported to be deceased, is not.

What started off as peaceful protests descended into chaos Wednesday night, with some protesters overturning trash cans and setting the contents on fire.

Moments after her father was shot, Lyric Scott had started recording on Facebook Live, screaming at officers on the scene."They shot my daddy 'cause he's black," she said. "He was sitting in his car reading a mother******* book. So they shot him. That's what happened."

The protests go on for a second night.

Trump is coming, rest easy. This BLM crap has gone on long enough.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join