It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 25 Facts Believed About Ghosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Top 25 Facts Believed About Ghosts

Still extremely controversial with what appears to be no definitive proof. The world of the supernatural has built ideas, theories, legends and myths out of a field that remains highly illusive and seemingly pretty much impossible to prove. So far.

Here is a compiled list of what has become basically fact within the paranormal research field. I personally ranked them in order and I must add I am still a skeptical researcher. I'm at the point I feel something unseen is interacting but as to "what" that is, I remain open minded but do not classify anomalies necessarily the same as the majority of the field.

I am not an expert in anything, just an experimenter. This list is based off the general collective and what they have deemed as accepted "facts"

Video Summary:
A countdown, with only the beliefs and not my own personal thoughts tied into it. Essentially a compilation of the top believed thoughts about ghosts.
Run Time:
10 minutes, 7 seconds

Video Link: www.youtube.com...

I feel this exploration is very personal and despite popular beliefs, one should always keep an open mind and expect the unexpected.

Keep researching! Keep asking questions!

edit on 9/20/2016 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   
www.travelchannel.com...

my sister sheila was featured on Travel Channels Dead Files last year - she was unable to talk about it for 2 years due to non confidentiality. i slept in the house multiple times, and felt things, and heard things, but nothing like my niece and newphew.
was very interesting dealing with all of it...
and yes she was paid 3k to allow them to film. she has thus moved to arizona to get the ef away

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I am not tempted to watch it.
A fact is something that should be believed, but the only fact that I know about ghosts would be that they have yet to proven to exist.
I have to suppose that the 25 facts are mostly not facts. I may watch it later.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: mcx1942
I'm at the point I feel something unseen is interacting but as to "what" that is, I remain open minded but do not classify anomalies necessarily the same as the majority of the field.

This is the same conclusion my wife and I have come to.

Despite experiencing several incidences, both on my own and with others, it's very difficult to really come to a final statement as to what it is. The evidence, actual hard evidence, is so difficult to find, perhaps even impossible, that we don't know if what those incidences are are after-life-spirits, interdimensional collision, alien projections, or any other of the infinite possibilities.

(just about to watch the video now)

EDIT: Nice video
I'd say the "facts" are pretty on the spot for what most researchers believe to be true.

just a helpful constructive criticism on the video itself though. You should consider speeding up your speech. I had to speed up the video (which you can do by pressing the little gear symbol at the bottom right of youtube videos) to 1.25 (25% increase) at first, and which made the speech relatively normal, but then again to 1.5 (50% increase) where even then some lines were read at a normal speed.
edit on 20/9/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

originally posted by: mcx1942
I'm at the point I feel something unseen is interacting but as to "what" that is, I remain open minded but do not classify anomalies necessarily the same as the majority of the field.

consider speeding up your speech. I had to speed up the video (which you can do by pressing the little gear symbol at the bottom right of youtube videos) to 1.25 (25% increase) at first, and which made the speech relatively normal, but then again to 1.5 (50% increase) where even then some lines were read at a normal speed.

ya it was painful to watch, needs more intution...

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The word "fact" is thrown around on this site way too easily. The only fact there is about ghosts is a lack of evidence.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Indeed. I feel many have these types of ideas but pop culture has overtaken the thoughts.

I though about making this a bit faster tempo with my normal voice but decided to go with the somber, more respectful route. Just in case they are dead humans lol.

Not really adhering to the philosophies of the average researcher, I am fascinated about how "facts" have been formed despite lack of inarguable proof of the phenomena.

At the end of the day I try to remind myself we're just strange creatures stuck to a giant rock, hurling through some enormous darkness. It's clear to me as a whole, humanity has only just begun to scratch the surface of what reality really is

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Never knew about that gear symbol. Thanks! I put it on 2.0 and it was still slow. No documentation or anything. Just some guy who compiled a list.

Short story: We recently visited the house where my mother grew up. I found the address on census records and wrote to "the house." Lady called me back up and said we were welcome to visit. She told me "You will think I'm nuts." and told me the house was haunted. When we got there I showed her a picture of my grandfather, who died in 1947. She said, "That's the clothes" referring to his style of dress back then and "I want to say Yes" but she did not flat out say, "That's him!" I was kind of proud of her, actually, because the tendency would be to go "all in" if it were close. To her the ghost is benign and protective (one of the points.) She had lots of stories of moved objects and such. It's not definitive, of course. These things never are, but it was an interesting experience.
edit on 9/20/2016 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Facts ... hmmm ... the only "fact" about ghosts that most regularly sensed people know is what, if anything, they experience... and that usually only occurs if they spend time in a "haunted" building or area.

One can read the voluminous literature existing since the 1800's and make some educated guesses and be open to the "fact" that ghost-like incidents most certainly occur, but that leaves a whole slew of information still unknown.

Just because people see "dead" people or far stranger apparitions, lights, sounds, smells, have oddly vivid dreams, and occasionally experience objects moving seemingly of their own accord and/or notice animals reacting to something unseen, or even experience physical touching from an unseen source, it just doesn't mean we know anything about the phenomena itself.. .add dogma about souls and spirits and it gets even more murky.

Perhaps spiritualists and such DO have some answers... perhaps the religious do, too ... the trouble is, there is no way to pin down and dissect something with no physicality as we know it... but some interesting data has been accrued.

The only thing I know is that haunting phenomena most certainly occurs... and from my experiences and research, it seems to happen far more frequently than most think it does... but what it is, exactly, is the big (BIG) question.

It could be remnants of consciousness, souls, energy lifeforms, all of those or something completely unknown or suspected.

We know very, very little about this place we find ourselves in... dead OR alive.

top topics

join