It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Videocameras in my High School

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
During the summer the school built a new library and converted the old libray into a student loung. Actually they dont call it that and had a meating to discuss how it wasnt appropriate or something blahblah. Anyway I loved it. The cafeteria is always to crowded and loud. So then yesturday when I was sitting near the vending machines the guy came to refill it. He walked away and I jokingly took one of the poptarts. He came over and I gave it back. Then one of my friends told me that if I was really stealing it and the guy didnt see that there were videocameras in the room and I would have been cought on tape. I was shocked when I heard this. What gives them the right to film me whem Im in there. I swear one day I will walk into the room with a big sign in my hands that sais BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING. I think putting videocameras in school is distgusting and should be against the law. Whats next videocameras in our houses to make sure we're not doing anything illegal? Im sure the government will say its just for our protection. I think there might be nwo stuff here. I swear the U.S. government is chipping and chipping at laws that were guaranteed in the constitution by the founding fathers. First its gun restrictions, now my right to privacy, next itll be my free speech. I already think the FCC is a violation of free speach anyway. Well now im just starting to babble. I want to hear your opinions on this.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   
For what its worth, my HS had video cameras watching us during the four years I atteneded, starting in 1998 (at the latest). They never made it an issue for the students, but the faculty was infomed about the situation and the information gradually filtered down to us.

Since it was a public HS the government does have the right to install videocameras IMO, but I see where you are going with this. It is disconcerting to know that we are being watched all the time, whether we know it or not.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I was listening to Alex Jones on this subject. He claims that cameras habe been installed in HS bathroom. I don't know if this is true since he didn't give any information like what school this is

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthResearcher2000
I was listening to Alex Jones on this subject. He claims that cameras habe been installed in HS bathroom. I don't know if this is true since he didn't give any information like what school this is

Dam thats worse then what I have. That is sick. Probably a bunch of perverts watching the screans.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Our school has actually gotten 32 cameras installed over christmas break. to stop people from skipping. it is a bit unnerving, and I dont really like it, but I suppose they have the legal right to do that.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
what gives you the right to take the poptart ? thats what big brother is for, to protect us from you

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't have a problem with a camera in a bathroom, as long as it wasn't able to view the stalls

We had a specific bathroom that if you wanted to keep your face intact, you just did not go in.

I am not doing anything wrong, so I am not worried about the cameras. They are everywhere pretty much

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
1. He was pretending to take a poptart to have some fun with the vending machine worker.
2. Why are they installing cameras? When we need books that have accountable information in it, or more desks, etc.
3. Why in the world would you be on ATS, if you support Big Brother?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Its not big brother, its hey, these punk kids are bad, better watch them. They help, a kid gets attacked in the hallway, it is recorded and the attackers caught. Or in the parking lot a car is keyed, there you go, person caught in the act. In the bathrooms that is a problem, but the rest of the place, there you go. Also, someone breaks into your locker, they are caught. Someone is skipping class, caught. It is their for the 5% of the kids who make the other 95% look bad.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by BSB2005
1. He was pretending to take a poptart to have some fun with the vending machine worker.
2. Why are they installing cameras? When we need books that have accountable information in it, or more desks, etc.
3. Why in the world would you be on ATS, if you support Big Brother?

This is not a joke and I do not support Big Brother. I just put that in there to piss of the school and if anyone here didnt understand what my problem with it was.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You have to be kidding me...

Remember the incident at Columbine?

Cameras let the school view what is going on at the school. If an incident like Columbine happened the videos would be evidence.

If you got jumped by 14 assorted teenagers, would you not want video proof to back up your claims?

Schools are privately owned. They have the right to install cameras.

If the school was broken into during the summer, the only evidence would be the tapes from the camera.

Big Brother? Give me a break.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacKiller
You have to be kidding me...

Remember the incident at Columbine?

Cameras let the school view what is going on at the school. If an incident like Columbine happened the videos would be evidence.

If you got jumped by 14 assorted teenagers, would you not want video proof to back up your claims?

Schools are privately owned. They have the right to install cameras.

If the school was broken into during the summer, the only evidence would be the tapes from the camera.

Big Brother? Give me a break.

i agree completly. the cameras arent particularly there to "watch over your every move" they ARE there for your protection. i was glad to have cameras at my high school when i attended, because someone that didnt like me decided to take it out on my car and good thing he wasnt too bright because they caught the whole thing on camera and i knew exactly who it was on the tape. i would have to say that if anything, you should be glad there is cameras in your school. besides, its not like there is a highly trained survailence(spelling?) team watching the video feeds every day while your at school.
just chill out, not everything is a conspiracy!
deny ignorance!

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 08:39 PM
link   
please move a little to the left, I can't quite see what you're doing.....

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
If high schools were nice none violent places and they tried to install cameras people would say it's a waste of money and unnecessary invasion of privacy. Make them into violent places, brainwash a few kids to shoot up their school and peole don't just accept cameras they ASK for them.
I see the same thing in my local area. We used to have a very low crime rate and so no need for cameras. Then gradually drugs seamed to take over for no apparant reason and so the crime rate went up and many people demanded CCTV. These cameras are everywhere now!
I don't agree with the idea that if you have nothing to hide you shouldn't mind being recorded, the least information the government has about you the better.
In Germany before the nazis were in power jews asked to have the word jew stamped onto their identification papers as a mark of pride. No one though that giving this information too the government would do any harm since being jewish was hardly illegal. When the Nazis gained power it was much easier to identify who was jewish.
So the government should have as little information about you as they possible can. Just becasue something like installing cameras is perfectly legal dosen't mean it's perfectly ok since laws are mostly to do with opressing the masses then doing whats right.

[edit on 22-1-2005 by TruthResearcher2000]

[edit on 22-1-2005 by TruthResearcher2000]

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56
During the summer the school built a new library and converted the old libray into a student loung. Actually they dont call it that and had a meating to discuss how it wasnt appropriate or something blahblah. Anyway I loved it. The cafeteria is always to crowded and loud. So then yesturday when I was sitting near the vending machines the guy came to refill it. He walked away and I jokingly took one of the poptarts. He came over and I gave it back. Then one of my friends told me that if I was really stealing it and the guy didnt see that there were videocameras in the room and I would have been cought on tape. I was shocked when I heard this. What gives them the right to film me whem Im in there.

What gives you the right to expect to not be filmed on public property?

I swear one day I will walk into the room with a big sign in my hands that sais BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING.

Whats stopping you?

I think putting videocameras in school is distgusting

Why?

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Camera's in your HS are there to protect you, from people like YOU. Stealing from the vendor doesn't constitute "fun" in my book. Those poptarts weren't yours because you never paid for them. Taking them without paying is stealing. Even if you put it back you still stole. If I walked onto my local car dealership and opened up one of the cars on the lot, started it up because the keys just happened to be in it, and took it on a cruise around the block and brought it back same as I found it. ITS STEALING. anyhow, the cameras that COULD have caught you are not some form of Government conspiracy out to watch your every move. Just as so many have said on this board before me, they are there to protect the innocent, law abiding, good people from the law breaking, stealing, no good trouble makers that make this world a terrible place to live in. I don't worry so much about the cameras all over the place, I feel more protected having them in parking garages, schools, hospitals, basically every where I go in my day, I feel that if something were to happen to me or a loved one, it could very possibly be caught on camera and the wrong doer be brought to justice because of the recorded evidence. If anything, I would be worried about the sattelites that are "infrared" or what ever the technology is that allows the satellite to see through the walls of your house, through your roof, and can physically see what you are doing. However, this doesn't concern me as much either. I am a relatively good person, I don't do anything against the law or anything that would indicate I am a terrorist or evil doer. I don't feel like the government would make a "Truman Show" about little old me. Besides who really cares how many times I have "me time" on my computer or how lazy I am. I really dont, and Im sure that the government isn't out to get me.

All in all, don't freak out, its not an invasion of your privacy to have cameras in your school, or any other public place for that matter. When the next Columbine massacre happens in YOUR school, I'm sure your family will be glad the killers were brought to justice thanks to the video cameras.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
[

I swear one day I will walk into the room with a big sign in my hands that sais BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING.

Whats stopping you?

Why?

Ill do it as soon as I get a sign and it distgusts me because I hate knowing that there is somone watching me on a tv. Whats to stop them from putting videocameras in our houses? It is built on American land and America is controlled by the American government.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

[

Whats stopping you?

Why?

Ill do it as soon as I get a sign

Doesn't seem like it should be that difficult to get

and it distgusts me because I hate knowing that there is somone watching me on a tv.

The scholl probably doesn't have someone watching it, they most likely anyway, have it being recorded.

Whats to stop them from putting videocameras in our houses?

The law. When a person is in public they can't have any expectation of privacy. The school has attendants in the library no? They are alowed to report on your activities to the school authorities no? A camera is no different. heck a camera recording onto a tape is probably better.

It is built on American land and America is controlled by the American government.

What difference should that make?

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I agree that video cameras in school systems shoud be illegal by law. But, I do think that it would be fair to turn them on at night just to make sure there is nobody trying to break in or anything. But in the day time, during school, the lines should be cut. It is in fact an invasion of our privacy to be constantly watched. Its all about authority, money, and power these days. Nothing else matters to people than those three things and I am beginning to think that the government we have now is rediculously corrupt. "For your safety and quality purposes". Thats a bunch of crap. What they are really trying to say is, please screw up so we can find a reason to arrest you. Thankyou and have a nice day. Pions.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   

The law.

They could change the law by saying its for our "protection". Dont you see its a slippery slope.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join