It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Johnson & Stein Officially Excluded from Presidential Debates

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
CNN.COM

So it's official, the two party system is alive and well, and actively working to exclude any dissenting voices to TPTB.

Personally, I think this is total crap and yet another example of how our political system in this country has failed us. These two clowns are the worst candidates we've had in generations, and millions of people are willing to vote for a 3rd party...yet we're having our voices repressed.

Land of the free my ass.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Subsonic

So the problem here is our Media. They control the debates, format, polling numbers etc. Who controls the media, controls the two party system.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   

I know, lol. Many are called, only two are chosen...

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 02:58 PM
link   

stop whining
-- Arnold Scharzenegger

jill stein is a joke, and about to get arrested
johnson is a pothead who wants illegals to flood our borders, and doesnt know where aleppo is.

unlike most of you, im comfortable with my pick for president.

nobody likes the new england patriots. but they win. and win and win and win
i hate the new england patriots....... with more hate then anyone can have for a sports team.
BUT THEY WIN. they continually rule the NFL.
the patriots are trump. love em ( if u live in boston ) or hate them, they win. hate away

edit on 16-9-2016 by nobunaga because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Statement from Gary Johnson:

My statement regarding the Commission on Presidential Debates announcement: I would say I am surprised that the CPD has chosen to exclude me from the first debate, but I’m not. After all, the Commission is a private organization created 30 years ago by the Republican and Democratic parties for the clear purpose of taking control of the only nationally-televised presidential debates voters will see. At the time of its creation, the leaders of those two parties made no effort to hide the fact that they didn’t want any third party intrusions into their shows. The only time a third candidate has been allowed on the stage was 1992, when both parties wanted him on the stage for their own purposes. It should be noted that, when Perot was allowed on the stage, polls showed his support to be in single digits, below where Johnson and Weld are currently polling. The CPD may scoff at a ticket that enjoys ‘only’ 9 or 10% in their hand-selected polls, but even 9% represents 13 million voters, more than the total population of Ohio and most other states. Yet, the Republicans and Democrats are choosing to silence the candidate preferred by those millions of Americans. Americans are tired of rigged systems, and the monopoly on debates created by the CPD is a prime and skillfully executed example. Bill Weld and I will continue to fight to provide a voice and an alternative for independents, disenfranchised Republicans and Democrats, Millennials and others who aren’t satisfied with Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as their options. It is unfortunate that the CPD doesn’t believe such a voice should be heard. There are more polls and more debates, and we plan to be on the debate stage in October.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nobunaga

stop whining
-- Arnold Scharzenegger

johnson is a pothead who wants illegals to flood our borders, and doesnt know where aleppo is.

i hate the new england patriots....... with more hate then anyone can have for a sports team.
the patriots are trump. love em ( if u live in boston ) or hate them, they win. hate away

Stein, Johnson and Castle are all three better than Trump and Clinton. Winning or not...I don't necessarily want an unethical, cheating, lying, hateful jerk in the white house. Those words describe Clinton and Trump.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nobunaga

stop whining
-- Arnold Scharzenegger

Fools following fools. Enjoy the ride!
edit on 16-9-2016 by Subsonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Honestly, a third candidate is not viable until more third or fourth parties are elected into the house and senate. They need to build a solid foundation in order to have any chance in being elected as President.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   

stop whining
-- Arnold Scharzenegger

At this point it is a joke to not see the two party system of servitude for what it is.

It is no wonder that our world is as corrupt and evil as it is, a vote for the lesser of two evils is still evil.

Oh wait I am sorry I forgot that Trump is against the establishment and represents a revolution!

-edited for Patriots analogy.

Would it not be more apt to compare them to the elite running the show, since they are known cheaters, yet money rules over integrity so the continue to "Win" love em or hate em?
edit on America/ChicagoFridayAmerica/Chicago09America/Chicago930pmFriday3 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Is this really a surprise? Stein breaks the law and spray paints crap on stuff and this is presidential material? Really? Johnson doesn't know were Aleppo is and what the importance is????

Whatever people.....

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

thats okay... you can hate clinton and trump.
trump will win. he will do what he says, not what hes told. he is tom brady. hate him, but he wins.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Orionx2
Is this really a surprise? Stein breaks the law and spray paints crap on stuff and this is presidential material? Really? Johnson doesn't know were Aleppo is and what the importance is????

Whatever people.....

I know, and they're still better than Clinton and Trump! LOL

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   

trump will win. he will do what he says, not what hes told. he is tom brady. hate him, but he wins.

But he doesn't always win. Research him. Plenty of people have beaten him. And it's not Tom Brady that wins, it's Bill Belecheck...Brady just got lucky to be on that team. Just as Trump was lucky to be born into millions of dollars and connections. That's not really a winner either. That's luck.

link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: Orionx2

Whatever people.....

I know, and they're still better than Clinton and Trump! LOL

Hard to argue that. Sponge Bob would probably be better than any of the contestants... haha

link   

There are only three major slate candidates in this race on the ballot in all 50 states:

1. An unhealthy, cough-ridden, scandal-ridden, corrupted, reckless, deceitful, power-hungry, untrustworthy, and widely disliked serial-liar.

2. A loud-mouthed, insulting, bombastic, bloviating, blathering, grandiose, scandal-ridden, unaccountable, unqualified, disrespected, and widely disliked crony, charlatan and con man with no relevant experience, and no public financial balance sheet.

3. A likable, healthy, athletic, open, honest, ethical, scandal-free, humble, intelligent, experienced, popularly twice-elected governor with a clean record who participates in endurance sports, has climbed Mount Everest, has real plans for positive change, and has the most executive experience.

I wonder which one should be excluded from the debates...hmmm...

edit on 16-9-2016 by Subsonic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   

stop whining
-- Arnold Scharzenegger

Stein, Johnson and Castle are all three better than Trump and Clinton. Winning or not...I don't necessarily want an unethical, cheating, lying, hateful jerk in the white house. Those words describe Clinton and Trump.

Well if that were true they would be higher in thr polls. See the problem is people quickly see they are both crazy. Stein gets herself arrested all the time hardly presidential. And we'll thr other party they argue if a baby had a legal right to take herion. Sooo needless to say those party's will never win. And in truth aren't intended to even by there own party.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

stop whining
-- Arnold Scharzenegger

Well if that were true they would be higher in thr polls. See the problem is people quickly see they are both crazy. Stein gets herself arrested all the time hardly presidential. And we'll thr other party they argue if a baby had a legal right to take herion. Sooo needless to say those party's will never win. And in truth aren't intended to even by there own party.

It's all how the media portray them. Clinton cheats her way to the primary victory and there is no mention of it in the media. Trump mocks disabled people and gets all the support he needs. Maybe Americans really are this stupid? I used to think there was hope for us, but ....

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Oh did you think either of them stood a chance? Have you been paying attention?

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Boo, Hiss.

posted on Sep, 16 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra
Oh did you think either of them stood a chance? Have you been paying attention?

Stein doesn't have a realistic chance, but Johnson is the only other candidate on the ballot in all 50 states. THAT should be the rubric used to determine whether or not a candidate is allowed in the debates. Math. NOT polls that can easily be manipulated.

I really do believe that if Gov. Johnson got into the debates, he could really have been a major disruptor...maybe not win, but certainly would have had a legitimate impact on the direction of our country's politics.

But no, seeing as how the game is completely rigged at all levels, I guess I should have known better, but a guy can dream, right?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join