It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You might want to Think Twice before Using Paypal (as of Sep 8, 2016)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Hi,

As of today, Sep 8, 2016.

According to the Ecommerce Bytes website there are major problems with Paypal that began yesterday ( Sep 7, 2016 ). It seems that sellers are unable to see payments made to them, and that their paypal balances are dropping.

Paypal customer service is inept about the problem. (didn't understand it and hung up on me)

Personal example, happened last night.
My "paypal secure key," (hardware device that generates a 6 digit number) - the generated key failed to work with paypal. I had to use the alternate method to log in (answer questiions). I went thru the goat rope to submit a query to customer service; no reply, nothing.

After hours of difficulty, I sent a payment of $XX.00 to a payee. The paypal invoicing system failed. After calling customer service, they went clueless, eventually hung up on me, so I was able to do a straight email money transfer to the payee (the old way), and the only
ack. I got was the funds moving out of my bank account.

The usual email ack. never happened.

The payee adviced that he got a record of my paying, however the funds never transferred into his paypal account. So he is discontinuing the use of Paypal, his customers' payments aren't transferring to him.

So now he's gonna get the run-around from clueless Paypal customer service (based in Manila), and he'll probably have to go to Small Claims Court to recover his money.

It's not for me to suggest to you Paypal users what to do, just read the article and you'll know.
edit on 8/9/16 by Adonsa because: Fixed misplaced carriage returns. Content same.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thank you for the heads up.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
After quite a bit of trouble over a purchase several years ago, I avoid Paypal like the Plague. I don't buy from Ebay or anywhere that uses them as a sole source of payment. I've heard far too many stories to ever trust them again.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Adonsa

that sucks. What is even #tier, is if he is not in California he will have no luck with getting anything from paypal. Part of their service agreement is that the litigation is to be done in California where they are based if I remember correctly.

That blows. I wonder how Bill me later is affected by this. Has PP even acknowledged the problem?

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

I can't stand PayPal, they currently have a class action lawsuit against them for their account holds practices.

www.accountholdsettlement.com...

Edit : I currently use square and square cash for the majority of my online payments.
edit on 8-9-2016 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Huh. I have used Paypal for about 3 years, and I've never had a problem yet.

I see this update from Paypal in the OP's link.

UPDATE 9/8/16: A PayPal spokesperson provided us with the following information:

"PayPal experienced a brief technical issue last evening during a planned system update which resulted in some consumers being unable to see a transaction in their account history after it had processed. Some merchants may not have received a notification even though the transaction was processed.

"The technical issue has been fixed and PayPal is working to have these transactions reflected accurately for both consumers and merchants.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Hi kaylaluv,
Thanks much, for pointing out the update.

I've used Paypal for a long time; when I had to get "verified," i opened a separate bank account for paypal use only, and keep a low balance in it. There's no way in hell that I'll allow paypal to be any kind of joint account holder on my main bank account. So far, no problems other than last night.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adonsa
There's no way in hell that I'll allow paypal to be any kind of joint account holder on my main bank account.

That's probably wise.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Adonsa
Hi,

As of today, Sep 8, 2016.

According to the Ecommerce Bytes website there are major problems with Paypal that began yesterday ( Sep 7, 2016 ). It seems that sellers are unable to see payments made to them, and that their paypal balances are dropping.

Paypal customer service is inept about the problem. (didn't understand it and hung up on me)

Personal example, happened last night.
My "paypal secure key," (hardware device that generates a 6 digit number) - the generated key failed to work with paypal. I had to use the alternate method to log in (answer questiions). I went thru the goat rope to submit a query to customer service; no reply, nothing.

After hours of difficulty, I sent a payment of $XX.00 to a payee. The paypal invoicing system failed. After calling customer service, they went clueless, eventually hung up on me, so I was able to do a straight email money transfer to the payee (the old way), and the only
ack. I got was the funds moving out of my bank account.

The usual email ack. never happened.

The payee adviced that he got a record of my paying, however the funds never transferred into his paypal account. So he is discontinuing the use of Paypal, his customers' payments aren't transferring to him.

So now he's gonna get the run-around from clueless Paypal customer service (based in Manila), and he'll probably have to go to Small Claims Court to recover his money.

It's not for me to suggest to you Paypal users what to do, just read the article and you'll know.

I were thinking of starting a thread to see if others here were having problems with PayPal as well, My problem started with PayPal rejecting my credit card and or my email address due to being linked to my PayPal account which I don't have an account with them. Over the last couple of weeks they have rejected 3 credit cards. I spend thousands of $ a year at eBay.
I haven't contacted either of them nor will I, I will just walk. PS. All of my dealings were PayPal only sellers where I were selecting pay by credit card. On my account I found a setting where I closed an old card link from years ago and put in new details but to no avail. By By eBay. I wonder if PayPal is linked to the other two entities that are out there stopping countries buying or selling at the moment, You know, The Beast.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I use PayPal all the time because it is convenient and I like not having to enter in a credit card when checking out online. I am disappointed to hear they are having issues. Thank you for the heads up.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

that sucks. What is even #tier, is if he is not in California he will have no luck with getting anything from paypal. Part of their service agreement is that the litigation is to be done in California where they are based if I remember correctly.

That blows. I wonder how Bill me later is affected by this. Has PP even acknowledged the problem?

I recall them being here in Texas, in Austin.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Yeah, I know Skeptic defends paypal and says its all good, I dont trust them. Never did.

I have spent the last 10 years trying to either eliminte an account I had or validate one of MANY credit cards or debit cards they got on file over the years.

I gave up all together. I dont understand how I can give them all sorts of information from my bank and personal info, yet becuase I didnt scan a utility bill 10 years ago, my account is unuseable.

They wanted me to scan like 4 types of ID and utility bills. I said hell no, you have MORE than my bank has on file, either let me use my account or I will not use your services.

To this day I cant get them to eliminate long dead credit cards, or debit cards, or just eliminate my account all together.

It stinks of out sourced hell. Not people I want to trust with all sorts of personal info for INTERNET payments.

edit on 9 8 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I'm an avid PayPal user and have never had one problem. I am an Etsy addict lol and all my sellers use PayPal. Some are even out of the US. I just used it this morning with no issues.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Thanks for the heads up. I'm in the clear as I retired my PayPal and Ebay accounts when they errored out my login information awhile back and advised me to just create a new account. So I'm no longer paying their insane fees, and now all my stuff gets separated into "give away" and "collectables" - life is better without them.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Ive always hated Paypal. Have never trusted them.

Another heads up? Tech savvy criminals can buy access to Paypal accounts by the dozen for literal cents on the dollar through darkweb markets.

Always use 2FA.
edit on 8-9-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I have been using Paypal for many years and they have always been great! I hope things don't change for me.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I use PayPal extensively, and have ever since they were created. Their fee's are a bit steep, and they have the occasional glitch, but overall they have been very reliable. Any kind of serious eCommerce on Ebay is absolutely lost without it, so it is what it is.

posted on Sep, 8 2016 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Better yet, just don't trust e-commerce. Shop only at mom&pops!

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Ah... my husband has had trouble this week with a transaction. He bought some tires in Germany, and now they say they didn't receive the payment, and he's getting the run around from paypal... he was assuming the problem is anywhere except with paypal.

I don't use it, I don't have an account, but he's been using it for a long time. I'll let him know some others are having problems. Thanks for the heads up.
edit on 9-9-2016 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I've been using PayPal almost daily for about 5 years and have never had a single issue. It's one of the only forms of payment that I'll use online. Have no clue about their customer service, as I've never had to contact them.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join