It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paper Towels

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Cause it's the quicker picker upper.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Wow Vermont!

I also only use viva, use them instead of tissues(allergies).

I buy mine in Lyndon Vermont at the dollar general..

Also I only allow ribbed cottenelle brand toilet paper in my bathroom... It's better than a fluffy rabbit, and less dangerous..

~ meathead

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Andrex Shea Butter.

Great stuff and just the right drag coefficient if you catch ma drift...

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   

If you're odd, you're in excellent company. I'm not brand-obsessed in the least...I buy most everything in the HEB or Hill Country Fair generic brand, but some things are just worth the money to buy branded.

I don't use Viva...I've got seven cats and three dogs (all rescues) to clean up after and I use a LOT of paper towels...but I cannot stand Bounty.

They used to actually be "The Quicker Picker-upper", but now they're the "Mediocre Picker-upper But Only If You Use An Entire Freaking Roll", and that simply will not do...I am a consummate neat freak and I'm constantly cleaning.

I buy Sparkle paper towels because they're decent quality and I can get a huge pack of them for less than six bucks. I'm sure they're even less expensive at The Evil Empire, but I won't shop there.

The only thing that irks me is sometimes they're only available in "Select-a-size", and I do not want to make a selection. When I pull those off the roll, they typically come off in pieces. Who the hell actually uses a piece of a paper towel anyway? Screw that noise...I'll buy something else if I run into that situation.

That's how I found out how much Bounty sucks, actually. HEB had the stupid aforementioned perforated Sparkle, so I bought Bounty Basics instead. I'll never buy them again, that's for sure.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Bounty has the more memorable jingle.

Sold!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

If I was cleaning up after pets I would definitely not use viva or bounty, that to me would be money down the drain,so good on you to Buy sparkle!

I have very bad allergies , tissues of any kind leave my nose look like a three day Bender in Quentin terentino's bathroom discussing the spacing of the dots on the shower curtain ...

+post summary+

Viva is a gift to humanity and heathens buy bounty!
~meathead
edit on 7-9-2016 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   

awesome - am entiere thread dedicated to the subjective merits of competing brands of bog roll

first would problems eh - you cannot beat them

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

one of my favorite movie scenes ever was in Corrina, Corrina when she is working with Ray Liota on the instant pudding jingle.

not very on topic, but given the topic being paper towels, i thought we'd survive. LOL

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

awesome - am entiere thread dedicated to the subjective merits of competing brands of bog roll

first would problems eh - you cannot beat them

I'd pay the price of admission again just to see you use quaint terms like "bog roll". LMAO.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

yeah, the most meaningless thread ever....

These things matter sometimes. At least you're not talking about the merits of different kinds of toilet paper and how kind they are to your rear end. Example: Scott toilet paper is rough like sandpaper. It's like wiping with notebook paper almost but not as strong. Being single ply, it's a miracle you can use it without getting messy hands. Then again, I've seen some that actually looks to have wood chips in it. You can see it lol.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

i can't stomach the thought of using TP that is made from "recycled paper".

What, exactly, was done on that paper before it ended up in my hands?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Now that's a thought, especially if it was something like Kleenex.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   

I am a Viva person too...so I guess your Bounty roll will have to do for now...how many messes did you need to clean up?

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Agreed, Viva is the best! I have found it is soft and absorbs the most!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Totally normal, Viva is the best IMO. That's the brand I always buy, my husband found out the hard way

If there is a certain brand I prefer, even if it's more expensive, that's what I'll buy.

The real conspiracy with the paper towels is the select a size. They do that so you'll use more than intended and have to buy more! Grrrr!

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

I am a Viva person too...so I guess your Bounty roll will have to do for now...how many messes did you need to clean up?

This would have been a good place to put in a scenario/joke about having to clean up lots of blood. But i just don't have the time to do it justice properly. So accept this post in its stead, and pretend to laugh awkwardly for a moment.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I've tried several brands of paper towel before discovering Viva, and now I won't use anything else. My wife wanted to save money a few months ago and bought some other brand. I don't know what it was, but it wasn't paper towel. Now, she also won't use anything other than Viva.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I don't care if paper towels are soft. I want them thick and strong. I clean with them. Scrub a dub dub...

I use Sparkle.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Paper is biodegradable so poses no problems for landfills.
It's also recyclable if facilities exist.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Yes I agree. I have a glass table on the porch and I have to clean road dust off of it if we eat outdoors. The soft ones leave dust. Sparkle is strong and cleans well. It will stand up to stove top scrubbing too. Another place you don't want that paper towel dust.

posted on Sep, 7 2016 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Good thing we don't recycle TP! Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join