It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prove it - Mandela Effect

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I am getting increasingly tired of this so-called " Mandela Effect". People who think that somehow they've traveled in time, to a different future than everyone else, instead of admitting that their memories aren't as sharp as they would've wanted.

Prove it to me - not with your subjective memories of past events, but with actual scientific evidences - prove it to me that Time travel is possible. Here, I even made a silly promise since I am quite confident that it won't be proven.

I know a thing or two about physics and time and alternative universes. Even if time travel could be possible, it would require you, my friend, to either a: reach Faster than Light speeds, or b: fall in a rotating black hole (with a ring Singularity).

Please, prove it to me that you've traveled in Time. Because so far I can't quite picture how you're traveling faster than light while waiting for your morning coffee, or the circumstances of you falling into a rotating black hole while walking on your way to work.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

You're going to get a [SNIP] claiming that they haven't traveled in time and in fact time has been 'altered' or 'slipped' into another timeline.

The ME is embarrassing.

EDIT: I was going to edit this to make it sound more polite. I didn't in the end.
edit on 1-9-2016 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I agree, it's just attention whores hopping on the latest bandwagon.

ATS seems to be inundated with attention whores lately.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Every time I see one of those threads I end up audibly groaning. It's gotten that bad here.

I will say any time I read one, and I find myself saying "yeah, hell yeah, I remember it the other way too!"

Well, all I can say is, either:

A. A lot of us have really piss poor memories

B. People change spelling etc... over time

OR

C. Something cray cray is going on, the matrix is glitched, the simulation needs a new patch...

Let's be honest its usually A.

-Alee
edit on 9/1/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Funny how it seems to always be "facts", titles, or typos that the "Mandela Effect" works its magic on. It's never anything significant that would affect daily life...

It's called faulty memory - and every time the same posters make a new thread about it it's just another thing they've misremembered, but instead they want to say it's "NEW EVIDENCE!!! OMG"

So tired of it..

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Why? Do you get tired of people insisting on Aliens being real too? Just asking... That's what this forum was based on btw.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

Do you get tired of people insisting on Aliens being real too?

No. The two topics are hardly related anyway.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne

originally posted by: awareness10

Do you get tired of people insisting on Aliens being real too?

No. The two topics are hardly related anyway.

I agree.
Aliens though far-fetched can be a conclusion of UFO's and unidentified things are flying all the time, some stay unidentified.

Dots don't even exist with the Mandela effect, at least those who genuinely believe in aliens bring a bit meat to the plate. Speaking of food I've never understood why some put all their eggs in one basket, or should I say throw the eggs off the wall and stick the basket on their head?

That's the only similarity I see, both phenomena have those who are out there and went delving into the deep end.

Mandela effect has nothing, NOTHING in terms of evidence, aliens however... They're the creepy uncle of ufology.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: swanne
I am getting increasingly tired of this so-called " Mandela Effect". People who think that somehow they've traveled in time, to a different future than everyone else, instead of admitting that their memories aren't as sharp as they would've wanted.

Prove it to me - not with your subjective memories of past events, but with actual scientific evidences - prove it to me that Time travel is possible. Here, I even made a silly promise since I am quite confident that it won't be proven.

I know a thing or two about physics and time and alternative universes. Even if time travel could be possible, it would require you, my friend, to either a: reach Faster than Light speeds, or b: fall in a rotating black hole (with a ring Singularity).

Please, prove it to me that you've traveled in Time. Because so far I can't quite picture how you're traveling faster than light while waiting for your morning coffee, or the circumstances of you falling into a rotating black hole while walking on your way to work.

What about genetic memory??

I'm far closer to the skeptical side than anything, but we know instincts and some pretty complex behaviors can be transferred through DNA. So what if we are just underestimating that?

What if slivers of memories from all of your ancestors are programmed into us?

Base instincts, migratory patterns, exc are all examples of the "memories" handed down, what if it goes far deeper?

You have your carrier (DNA), so I don't see why most of the "past life" stuff is really just reflections of the past.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:17 AM
link   

C`mon, the Mandela effect is a test, about how open your mind is for new and crazy ideas, believe me, they are on their way.

And there is the joking side, its all fun and games, be a little subgenius, and cut people some slack.

-Edit, this reminded me, KAZAAAM! You are a pope, now you need to choose your new name, and your pope card will arrive in the post,
probably next week.
edit on 1-9-2016 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I like Mandela Effect threads. I find it really interesting what ever side you look at it.
Something has effecred peoples memory on mass and I don't think we should shun people for sharing their experiences on ATS.

"Fly my pretties!Fly!" Was never said in "The Wizard of Oz" yet the exact quote is used in"The Hunchback of Notre Dam" and an episode of "The Simpsons" in reference to The Wizard of Oz. Why did they both get it wrong? Deliberate/memory problem?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Berenstein or Berenstain?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The fact that we are able to spiritually vibrate at a faster or slower rate, proves we can time travel or shift in dimensions.

We cannot travel years or eons but we can lose or gain seconds minutes or hours. This is proof that we can manipulate or conjugate time.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight
The fact that we are able to spiritually vibrate at a faster or slower rate, proves we can time travel or shift in dimensions.

We cannot travel years or eons but we can lose or gain seconds minutes or hours. This is proof that we can manipulate or conjugate time.

What?!?!

Exactly who has proven the existence of a "spirit" let alone that a spirit can vibrate...

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyTrick
I like Mandela Effect threads. I find it really interesting what ever side you look at it.
Something has effecred peoples memory on mass and I don't think we should shun people for sharing their experiences on ATS.

"Fly my pretties!Fly!" Was never said in "The Wizard of Oz" yet the exact quote is used in"The Hunchback of Notre Dam" and an episode of "The Simpsons" in reference to The Wizard of Oz. Why did they both get it wrong? Deliberate/memory problem?

It is called pop culture and humanities proclivity to use pattern recognition, even when there is no pattern to recognize.

Ask anyone who has seen "reservoir dogs" if they remember the robbery scene. A lot will say yes, even though it wasn't shown, only described.

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Dejavu ....

Now I see these threads popping up like popcorn and at first I didn't want to deepen in this phenomenon.
I still have an open mind to it , but until my reincarnated mother walks into my room the same way she left , I still have to see the real hard undistorted evidence ..

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I was going to make yet another Mandela joke, but I thought I'd approach this with a bit more seriousness.

If, on this site, we start demanding proof as a means to legitimize a conspiracy theory, then what good are any other theories or conspiracies?

The nature of a true conspiracy is to assume that something is false and we are being lied to.

Proof would change conspiracy "theory" to conspiracy "fact".

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyTrick
Something has effecred peoples memory on mass

Question is; is it aging, stupidity, fluoride, chemtrails, or a bit of both?

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: luciferslight

I don't think you really understand how time and relativity work my friend. What you talk about (the astronaut twins experience) is no different than freezing yourself like in futurama. That is hardly "time travel".
edit on 1-9-2016 by SpaceGoatFart because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Unfortunately, i have learned that here on ATS, no one feels they have to prove anything. If you ask for it, you are not open minded or a shill.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join