It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Medical Marijuana Card Holders Lost Their 2nd Amendment Rights Today

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Our government needs an enema. Seriously.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Have done some research into all this a few years back.
Strictly for information purposes mind you...

There always has been a bit of an issue with firearm background checks and MMJ card holders. Just because it's scheduling yet I'm almost certain more firearm accidents result from alcohol than all others sources combined.

This presents an interesting situation here in Colorado.
How will they view recreational cannabis that only requires you to be over 21?
Compared to a card holder goes through an evaluation process.
Drug test every person buying a firearm?
If these people actually cared about legitimate firearm reform they would be far more concerned with the mental state of people buying firearms rather than if they ingest/smoke a plant.

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Not with a bang, but with a whimper.

Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society.

So sad to watch us fall so hard, so quickly.

So the left continues to position judges and with luck on their side...supreme court judges. These judges don't interpret the law, they instead enforce their personal beliefs. Here you see a judge deciding that the Constitution...the same one he swore to uphold and protect, being altered for no logical reason.

Welcome to the world if Clinton wins the election. The left will force YOU to follow THEIR unwritten laws and ignore the Constitution just as Obama has. Executive orders that were found invalid and ignoring the security of our borders. They have positioned themselves well. Now...are YOU going to allow it?

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Ok....just my 2 cents. My gut says they fear cannabis for another unspoken reason....perhaps widespread cannabis use could facilitate a unifying of thought form within humanity. ..and be a catalyst for change.....

posted on Sep, 2 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   
In calif the fine for a small amount of MJ is only $100

The cost of getting a medical marijuana card is around $150 to over $300 depending on where you are at.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Are you sure? Do you partake in such a thing?

Really. There is no point. If you toke you toke, if you don't you don't. $150.00 + really? I think it is way cheaper than that. And if so what is the point in going legally when you have an apothecary?.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:53 AM
link   
when you apply to purchase a firearm, you are asked specifically about marijuana use. It isn't rocket science man....the rules are laid out pretty plainly.

My thoughts: if you have a Medical MJ card, you are licking boots and registering for your freedom.

I am baffled at how whipped humanity is. People actually, really go and get things like permits and licenses, admitting that they have to ask permission to be free.

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy
Ok....just my 2 cents. My gut says they fear cannabis for another unspoken reason....perhaps widespread cannabis use could facilitate a unifying of thought form within humanity. ..and be a catalyst for change.....

Maybe its because they work awful hard at making you miserable, and don't want you ruining all their hard work by finding small islands of relief of that misery?

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Seems like a good place to drop this little item from my neck of the woods, produced by someone who moved out here from California to escape the oppressive laws of the Left Coast.
A few of the participants in the film were actually recent news anchors from our largest local news channel (we go through quite a few, we're a stepping stone for those getting into the field)...

My own personal beliefs don't particularly mirror those expressed in the film, but it does present quite a few valid and competent points.
ETA: *Contains explicit lyrics and a small amount of graphic content*

edit on 3-9-2016 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I like the way you think. If only more of us thought this way!

posted on Sep, 3 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12
The only awnser I can think of, that it explains this absurdity, is that "big pharma" is behind it all. A legalized marijuana is not a controllable substance like pain killers, anti-depressants, ect..

What else could explain the absurd stances against marijuana?

What else is simple. The same people who are already running a campaign to keep marijuana from being legalized. ARE YOU READY FOR THE TRUTH? Drug cartels in Mexico have been pouring tons of money into these anti pot campaigns that you see pop up everywhere. WHY? Also simple because if it becomes legal they stand to loose BILLIONS. If it's legal then it becomes taxable and controlled like anything else. Mexican street weed would vanish almost over night because you can buy it in stores and not worry about getting robbed, or having it laced with something else. Who stands to gain from a ban like this "THE DRUG CARTELS" that's who. Lets say for example you sell weed on the streets. You take a chance of getting robbed every time you make a sale. Of course the person buying it runs the same risk only they are not allowed to have a gun BY LAW. That means you are the only one there that's likely armed. If it were you would you be behind such a law? (Be Honest)

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
"what prevents the same from happening with prescription drugs?"
You just laid out the next step in their strip your freedoms agenda.
Anyone on antidepressants or Schedule 2 pain meds will be next.

Knew this was going to be next. The writing was on the wall a long time ago. TPTB will eventually even claim that if people get stressed they cannot own a gun because "they could go on a killing spree"... Who doesn't deal with stress? We already have a large part of the population on some form of prescription drug but it won't be enough for the PTB. Just wait and watch.
edit on 4-9-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarryJoy

It depends on who you ask. Recently I moved back to Wyoming and the people I talked to were adamant that a large percentage of crime/and criminals moved to Colorado with the legalization of cannabis. I am not saying everyone who uses cannabis is a criminal, there are still meth adicts here and that is also a major problem.

What I have to wonder is why some people believe that using drugs that meddle the mind is going to make people peaceful and good change will come with it. Using drugs that heavily meddle the mind will make you confused and can incite people to do things they wouldn't do normally.

Pot Death: Teen Leaps 4 Stories After Eating Marijuana Cookie

edit on 4-9-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

edit on 4-9-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add link.

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

www.linkedin.com...

It is important to note that this writer has reported on A LOT of anti-Muslim and middle eastern/Islam affairs throughout his career yet he doesn't include THAT stuff in his LinkedIn biography?

This guy smells fishy to me...like he works for the government to promote propaganda and silence the sheeple.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by:

It depends on who you ask. Recently I moved back to Wyoming and the people I talked to were adamant that a large percentage of crime/and criminals moved to Colorado with the legalization of cannabis. I am not saying everyone who uses cannabis is a criminal, there are still meth adicts here and that is also a major problem.

What I have to wonder is why some people believe that using drugs that meddle the mind is going to make people peaceful and good change will come with it. Using drugs that heavily meddle the mind will make you confused and can incite people to do things they wouldn't do normally.

Pot Death: Teen Leaps 4 Stories After Eating Marijuana Cookie

Well....I don't categorize cannabis with any manmade drug. Although I don't like the fact that it has been bred into increasingly more potent strains. On top of that....the THC is further concentrated by making edibles and other concoctions. I don't agree with these practices. Different people respond very differently to various substances and as with any mind altering substance...cannabis should be treated with a great deal of respect. But usually it's not.
As far as it meddling with the mind....that's the whole point of it. Our minds have been put under assault by the current circumstances in the world. IMO...cannabis offers a way for our minds to reference a different perspective. This can be very beneficial for counter acting the negative effects that the current social paradigms create.
I am convinced that it can be a very powerful tool for bringing about new social paradigms...but it must be treated with the proper respect.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Without reading any posts in this thread, I wonder how many have already blamed Obama and Hillary for this while disregarding the history of the war on drugs.

It's still Obama's ATF. Just like with his DEA that he was given all the credit for them backing off the dispensaries in California, he too should get the blame when his agencies pull new crap like this (especially this one that is clearly liberal agenda crap).
edit on 5-9-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
"what prevents the same from happening with prescription drugs?"
You just laid out the next step in their strip your freedoms agenda.
Anyone on antidepressants or Schedule 2 pain meds will be next.

Good rapid response!

Almost 70 Percent of Americans Take at Least One Prescription Medication, Study Finds
Almost 70 percent of Americans take at least one prescription medication, and more than half take at least two, according to a new study by researchers at the Mayo Clinic. The most common prescriptions are for antibiotics, antidepressants and opioid painkillers.

One-fifth of Americans are taking five or more prescription drugs, CBS Atlanta reports.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   
It's an excellent strategy.

Gotta give them credit where credits due.

It's reasonable to the majority that people on mind altering drugs should be kept away from firearms.
Not all stoners suffer psychosis however some definitely do, that can't be denied.

It creates a sliding scale that they can slide to cover a lot of people eventually.

Then the utopia of only the unmedicated being armed can begin.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The more I read about all this, the more confused I am. While I would NEVER give anyone the right to decided who can and can't have a gun (or guns) so long as they are not mentally unstable...drugs do make you mentally unstable. Or for a better example...someone drunk shouldn't be driving...someone drunk shouldn't be using or holding a gun...someone high is no better than someone drunk. Impaired is impaired. If your judgement is off, you shouldn't be driving or using a gun. But at the same time, while you may have chosen to BECOME impaired, you are responsible for your actions while someone even temporarily mentally impaired isn't.

It is a whole can of worms that doesn't have one simple solution. Too bad. I would love to be legally allowed to "relax" once in a while

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

What about anti-seizure meds?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join