It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gary Johnson's position on TPP: It's laden with crony capitalism.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

In the interview with The Young Turks Gary Johnson says that the TPP is laden with crony capitalism and he will be skeptical of it.

THRUSH: Well, remember, billion-dollar-a-month check, the Clinton administration had that no-fly zone in Iraq, and that seemed to stabilize things for a period of time.

So the other thing I find fascinating about you, the other wildfire that's really striking in terms of the Trump thing is the free trade stuff. You have been on the record as saying you thought NAFTA was good for New Mexico. Do you support the TPP, and do you think that this backlash against trade is bull#?

MR. JOHNSON: Well, first of all, NAFTA. Would I have signed it or not? My skepticism says that maybe I wouldn't have signed it, because these trade agreements are just laden with crony capitalism. Would I have signed or implemented the Trans-Pacific Partnership? I've got to tell you, I think it's laden with crony capitalism. Free market really is the answer. It's the answer to unifying the whole planet, in my opinion, and if China wants to subsidize the goods that it sells to the United States, who benefits from that? Well, we do. And at the end of the day, who pays for any sort of tariffs? We do.

So free trade, genuine free trade, that's another one of Trump's--you know, hey, he says "I'm all for free trade" but then, in the next sentence, he says, "I'm going to force Apple to make their iPads and their iPhones in the United States." Hm, that sounds really free trade to me.

www.politico.com...

He's for free trade not crony capitalism. TPP is crony capitalism.
edit on 31-8-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: saved

edit on 31-8-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

edit on 31-8-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: added text

edit on 31-8-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: John_Rodger_Cornman

Because Trump knows that right now, we do not have genuine free trade.

Pretty simple.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

So essentially Johnson is all for TPP?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
All trade policy is rigged for US military to rise. The rest can only play slaves to combat US dollar supremacy. This in turns hurts US civilians. Guess what? US military doesn't give a jack about the civilians. All high ranking officers have their own agendas like Star Wars right now. Why else is many bases forbidden to the media now? They used to be accessible before 1950's. How much you want to bet one of the general's will use orbital strike if they get access to it for free. US has been the new Nazi's since 2001. It is all over the internet. Even WW2 vets confirm this.
edit on 31-8-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The main Libertarian Party has been bought off.

Not what it used to be.

I guess TPTB saw them as a threat.

Can't vote for them anymore.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Gary Johnson wants to "liberate" us all right ... right into Globalism.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Expel this authoritarian oligarch from the "Libertarian" party!!!

Controlled Opposition!

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The main Libertarian Party has been bought off.

Not what it used to be.

I guess TPTB saw them as a threat.

Can't vote for them anymore.

Bought off by who?

They can barely raise $3m.

Hillary and Trump are over $150m+.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I didn't really like the guy from the jump. Now I really don't like him.

One of his campaign points is that he wants to impose term limits on Congress. Yeah, easier said than done. POTUS is powerless to that and the House/Senate wouldn't vote themselves out of guaranteed jobs.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The way your headline is worded and punctuated, it sounds like Johnson is FOR the TPP.

From my read, it's the opposite (and all the people saying he's for it so they won't vote for him, didn't bother reading the transcript):

Would I have signed or implemented the Trans-Pacific Partnership? I've got to tell you, I think it's laden with crony capitalism. Free market really is the answer.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

Yeah.

He's not for crony capitalism. TPP has crony capitalism written in it.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'll never understand this fear of 'globalism' unless it's related to some kneejerk worry about 'New World Order'.

Last time I looked, the globe was round with no borders anywhere drawn on it.

Borders are quite a modern invention, in fact. I've got no problem with competing globally for jobs and benefiting globally from everyone having equal access to basics including housing, food, water, and education.

We won't be a 'civilization' until everyone has at least that.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: SentientCentenarian

I have no fear of globalism I have fear of the people currently trying to implement it and the form they are trying to make that globalism take.

Make sense?

I personally believe in Globalism being the way of the future. Is the only way workers will ever have a true minimum living minimum wage and slavery will be ended the world over. The people implementing Globalism though are the very people happily taking advantage of slave labor for profit and using tax havens to be sure everyone but the elite stay poor as dirt.

Globalism can be the path to freedom, it can also be the path to slavery and extreme world poverty for the masses. So far these people have proven to be fans of poverty creation for all but the few at the top. So I don't trust them to be in charge of creating their version of globalism.
edit on 8/31/2016 by Puppylove because: grammar and spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Johnson has said he is talking with people he respects about tpp but is always skeptical and looking for crony capitalism.

However nobody on ats has pointed out any problems with tpp or advtages for that matter.

Its just parroting of the msm positions.

In fact i seriously doubt trump or clinton has read the proposal.

All it takes is a few loudmouths making up a position and everyone parrots it.

Who here has actually read the proposal and can point out and highlight the issues.

Not an article about TPP but excerps from it not sensasionlized by the media.

Historically our forefarhers were not in any way in favor of heavy tariffs. So wjats the deal with TPP?
edit on 31-8-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

What crony capitalism is in TPP?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
No thanks. It seems that the more traction and popularity Johnson gains the deeper in the establishments pocket he goes.

edit on 31-8-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Basically nobody has said what is actually bad about TPP.

There are a massive amount of mytha and propaganda around the issue.

Would love to hear someone explain specific parts that make them so upset.

I honestly would like to know.

I havent read the drafts available all the way through but most of the common oppositions are grosly exagerated and outright lies.

It could be bad I just havent heard one specific grievance.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

No i mean. What you have read not been told by the media.

Like a real example from the actual proposal.

In other words not what someone said or a link.

You gave me the massive propposal in a link, what sections do you have an issue with.

Ps who gives a crap what Assange says.

If he leaked some info about sinister deals then that i get. However, i have no idea what his personal motives are.
edit on 31-8-2016 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SentientCentenarian

originally posted by: ketsuko

I'll never understand this fear of 'globalism' unless it's related to some kneejerk worry about 'New World Order'.

Last time I looked, the globe was round with no borders anywhere drawn on it.

Borders are quite a modern invention, in fact. I've got no problem with competing globally for jobs and benefiting globally from everyone having equal access to basics including housing, food, water, and education.

We won't be a 'civilization' until everyone has at least that.

Borders are as old as mankind.

Even chimps have their own territories.

The guy uses drugs. Sheesh.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join