It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico WILL let me build my wall, Trump boasts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
source

Donald Trump claimed Wednesday after a landmark summit with Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto that America's southern neighbor has agreed the U.S. has the right to build a wall along the nations' 2,000-mile border.

Wow, this is huge. Just goes to show that he can get things done despite what the media is shoving down our throats! So much for all the people who constantly parrot that it will never be built!

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   
So America is now building and paying for it? Not what I remember him promising

Edit: oh wait, they "didn't talk about who was going to pay for it".

Why is this news then?
edit on 31/8/16 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

That was never mentioned, but since you're Nastrodaumus while your at it, do you want to tell me next years Super Bowl score?
edit on 31/8/16 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: xstealth

originally posted by: Ghost147

That was never mentioned, but since you're Nastrodaumus while your at it, do you want to tell me next years Super Bowl score?

A Canadian team

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Trump claimed he would make Mexico pay for a wall.

Leader and flip flopper.

BTW there was never a question on "IF" we could build a wall. It has always been our right to do so.
edit on 31-8-2016 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

America's southern neighbor has agreed the U.S. has the right to build a wall

"Has the right to build a wall".

That does not mean it's going to get done.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jburg6

What could he say really?

They use a wall at their southern border to keep people honest too.

We ALL just want to be safe.

Even Mexicans.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

They just said they didn't talk about the wall.

Nieto said "Mr. Trump and I don't agree on many issues"

Little detail about their meeting. The sound was not good on the speeches afterward.
74% of Mexicans disapprove of pres.
edit on 8312016 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

What could he say really?

They use a wall at their southern border to keep people honest too.

What wall might that be? I never saw one passing their borders.

I have seen the fake site claiming there was a Mexican wall at their southern border, but the pics were of the US Mexican border. Did you fall for that fake site?

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Why would Mexico have to approve of the US building a wall. Meaningless statement.

Had they said they would pay, as per Trump promise earlier, he would have something.

People are soooo easy.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147
Someone already answered your first question. However, the reason it is important is because I constantly hear democrats and some others claim that the wall will never be built/mexico would never allow it/etc. If Trump can get Mexico's president to agree to the erection of the structure itself, which will surely put a damper on illegal immigration, I can see him possibly getting Mexico to agree to other things, maybe even sharing or fully paying the costs. If you recall, I believe Mexico's president also previously said some pretty nasty things about Trump. Yet somehow Trump is able to get him to agree with this? You gotta admit that's pretty impressive no matter who you are supporting.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I got it, I understand how Trump will get Mexico to build and pay for the wall.

He's going to so thoroughly ruin America that people will begin to flee to Mexico, who will then, in order to protect its own borders, erect a wall across the US-Mexico border. It's genius, forgive me oh lord and savior Trump, I was blind but now I see.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
The problem is building more walls. The solution is tearing them down.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Just goes to show that he can get things done despite what the media is shoving down our throats!

What has gotten done besides nothing? Whether we could build a wall was never in question. You seem to have forgotten that Donnie said Mexico would pay for that wall.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Why is Trump so concerned about building a wall anyway..? The illegals use underground tunnels nowadays.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: jburg6
a reply to: Ghost147
Someone already answered your first question. However, the reason it is important is because I constantly hear democrats and some others claim that the wall will never be built/mexico would never allow it/etc. If Trump can get Mexico's president to agree to the erection of the structure itself, which will surely put a damper on illegal immigration, I can see him possibly getting Mexico to agree to other things, maybe even sharing or fully paying the costs. If you recall, I believe Mexico's president also previously said some pretty nasty things about Trump. Yet somehow Trump is able to get him to agree with this? You gotta admit that's pretty impressive no matter who you are supporting.

I was under the impression that the wall was being building through American land (this could be totally false, just what I thought), in which case Mexico doesn't likely have any right to give the "ok" to it. The controversy, then, was making Mexico pay for it; which is an outrageous concept.

I will be impressed only once he gets approval that Mexico with pay for the wall

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
So when did Mexico ever have a say of anything that America did on American soil?

That would be like America telling Mexico not to build a wall on their southern border, or Greece not to build a wall, or Germany, or Ireland, or any other country for that matter. Americans can say they don't want the wall, but other nations cannot dictate what America does in America.

But let's be clear here, this wall may sound good on paper but for many it would not be good (i.e. Texas farmers that rely on the Rio Grande for water), and would not accomplish a whole lot either.

posted on Aug, 31 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

They just said they didn't talk about the wall.

Nieto said "Mr. Trump and I don't agree on many issues"

Little detail about their meeting. The sound was not good on the speeches afterward.
74% of Mexicans disapprove of pres.

Where in the article did it say they never talked about the wall? That's not what it says at all. It says just the opposite.

link   
Apparently he didn't mention Mexico paying for it.
Lol. Tough guy huh? His biggest chant after "Build a wall" is in regards to the question "Who's gonna pay for it?"
"MEXICO!!"

But has the guy face to face and says nothing.

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The problem is building more walls. The solution is tearing them down.

I don't know . Gated community's seem pretty decent......
edit on 31-8-2016 by Orionx2 because: spelling

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join