It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Powers that be Have a Face...and a Name

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Scary as hell...but here is a great overview about ISDS: Buzzfeed News (Investigation)

When the US Congress votes on whether to give final approval to the sprawling Trans-Pacific Partnership, which President Barack Obama staunchly supports, it will be deciding on a massive expansion of ISDS. Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton oppose the overall treaty, but they have focused mainly on what they say would be the loss of American jobs. Clinton’s running mate, Tim Kaine, has voiced concern about ISDS in particular, and Sen. Elizabeth Warren has lambasted it. Last year, members of both houses of Congress tried to keep it out of the Pacific trade deal. They failed.

ISDS is basically binding arbitration on a global scale, designed to settle disputes between countries and foreign companies that do business within their borders. Different treaties can mandate slightly different rules, but the system is broadly the same. When companies sue, their cases are usually heard in front of a tribunal of three arbitrators, often private attorneys. The business appoints one arbitrator and the country another, then both sides usually decide on the third together.

For those talking about TPTB...the ISDS sounds like it fits the bill and allows others to get their way. Apparently, Obama supports this and while even the article says Hillary doesn't...I've heard the opposite. A great read and a chilling set of facts.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Another quote from the article:

Imagine that this court is so powerful that nations often must heed its rulings as if they came from their own supreme courts, with no meaningful way to appeal. That it operates unconstrained by precedent or any significant public oversight, often keeping its proceedings and sometimes even its decisions secret. That the people who decide its cases are largely elite Western corporate attorneys who have a vested interest in expanding the court’s authority because they profit from it directly, arguing cases one day and then sitting in judgment another. That some of them half-jokingly refer to themselves as “The Club” or “The Mafia.”

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Am I reading this right? The deck can get even more stacked then it is already, but even more globally than before.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:50 PM
link   
If you were a power that be, would you let lawyers decide your case? I doubt that very much. Up at the top, they do their own power broking.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

No wonder they make you read the legalese in a guarded basement, being watched, and are not allowed to take notes with you once you leave. Secrecy has a purpose... they had a lot to hide with this "Trade Deal"

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Just more centralisation to hand power to fewer and fewer people. Seems par for the course.
Oh , and Hillary, she called it the 'gold standard' and is now against it because it is politically expedient to do so. if she gets into office, it's signed.

Nice find and good article.
edit on 28/8/2016 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm not sure how anyone in their right mind can read this and not be convinced that a secret cabal of the wealthy control this world, dedicated to screwing over the rest of us for profit and making themselves untouchable kings. It's so illuminatiesque.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SargonThrall

They close their eyes out of fear and denial. They know the truth, none of the masses are truly ignorant to this. But to admit the truth means we need to fight and possibly die. So they deny and hope and pray someone else, some savior comes to fix it for them.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Right, but saying Clinton and Cain are against it is false. Both fervently supported the legislation until Bernie Sanders gained populist nods railing against it. Both parties love big ag and big pharm...stop spreading falsehoods retarding Clinton especially, shes not just for sale shes paid for...

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   

They have been in the open for a very long time!

This is the most frustrating part of dealing with the social engineers grip upon the masses, they act like the tavistock institute does not exist and simply acquiesce to the brain washing put out like food used to train animals.

To wake up requires the will to act, such will has been incrementally removed from the consciousness of the masses and sadly we get the government we deserve.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Can someone elaborate on what's so bad about it?

It just seems like an entity that settles disputes when a company is in a foreign country

From my understanding something like a McDonald's in Japan getting sued for let's say a no wet floor sign slip and fall..

I guess?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:28 PM
link   

It just seems like an entity that settles disputes when a company is in a foreign country

From my understanding something like a McDonald's in Japan getting sued for let's say a no wet floor sign slip and fall..

I guess?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

I guess?

It's bad because in a nutshell if this gets signed then the world will be openly ruled by a small group of people and these people will literally have power over entire nations and indeed the entire world population and the planet itself. Global Tyranny. That's Bad. . . .got it?

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 191stMIDET

Power to do what? Sorry for the double post I didn't see it
edit on 29-8-2016 by ssenerawa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ssenerawa

Power to do what? Sorry for the double post I didn't see it

It allows Foreign Investors, think Global Corporations, to sue Governments in a Private Arbitration outside any laws of that Government.

In other words a giant Corp. could Sue some nation for trying to stop it doing what it wants within that nation in their pursuit of doing business. It's handled by a private group of people who decide who wins outside the laws of any nation trying to defend itself. Meaning that Corp. if it wins could place whole nations in debt slavery to the corporation if it couldn't pay. It could also bypass any laws that nation might have in place. Hell, it could do just about anything depending on what some private group of A-holes decide as far as who wins in the case dispute.

This is the most criminal bunch of BS I've ever read in my life. It gives the power to subdue entire nations and it's people under the rule of a Private Foreign Investor.

F*ck That!!!!

If this goes through and we don't load up and take aim to change it we should just blow our damn heads off as that would be about the only dignified thing to do at that point for anyone who actually thinks of themselves as a free person. To acquiesce to such a thing is something I can't even imagine any right thinking person could do to themselves, let alone anyone they care about. It's like handing your wife or child over to some sick f*cking psycho on the street because they told you to do it.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just hearing things wrong, but it sounds mighty close to ISIS.

Yeah that other nightmare young people get sucked into because capitalism sucks, and the proletariat must rise.

But flip. when you chopping off people's heads, I'd say a return to constitutionalism is better.

Let every brother and sister be heard!

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I'm not sure I see the connection with ISIS.

This is basically the legal framework that allows a few very wealthy "Persons" to legally own and control the Earth and everything on it or in it as they see fit.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

You either have freedom or some acronym.
I want freedom not IOSTABC,

And what lurks behind those letters.
Not freedom, methinks.

Let's have a campaign for plain English.

The CFPE.

edit on 29-8-2016 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

that's what I was looking for

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 11:40 PM
link   

wow

<<   2 >>

join