It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge, Breaking And Alarming News About Recent 4.6 and 4.8 Wyoming Earthquakes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

Well, although Yellowstone will come up here, we really aren't talking Yellowstone. Look, craters of the moon last had a lava flow 2,000 years ago. The areas outside YS can have activity, and they don't call this particular area the Grand Teton National park area for nothing.

Jackson Hole was created when the Teton faults east block fell.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It's carbon monoxide levels that have spiked over Yellowstone, not CO2. Such a large and sudden spike can't possibly be human-induced. The wildfires in the area may be responsible but it would be really interesting to know if there is a spike in sulfur dioxide readings over Yellowstone. Can anyone look that up? It's possible that CO could spike from being burped up just prior to an earthquake. Either way, it's something to take note of.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I don't mean to be dismissive, but it's going to come off like it regardless here -- If True American is not up in arms over this area, then it's a non-story. He is the veritable authority here for nailing major events, and we have people like Muzzy who monitor energy output, too. No unusual upticks in mentioning anything alarming from our Expert EQ'ers tells me this is probably a whole bunch of nothing other than normal geologic uplift & subsidence stuff for the area. Normal as in over its time, not humans, let's not be anthro-centric.
edit on 8/28/2016 by Nyiah because: wrong word, lol.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I don't mean to be dismissive, but it's going to come off like it regardless here -- If True American is not up in arms over this area, then it's a non-story. He is the veritable authority here for nailing major events, and we have people like Muzzy who monitor energy output, too. No unusual upticks in mentioning anything alarming from our Expert EQ'ers tells me this is probably a whole bunch of nothing other than normal geothermic uplift & subsidence stuff for the area. Normal as in over its time, not humans, let's not be anthro-centric.

Well as far as seismically speaking, Yellowstone overall has been about as quiet as I've ever seen it. Seismicity is at or really, below, background levels. We haven't had any kind of real swarm to speak of in years. The Tetons have quakes from time to time, and some M4+. It happens. I believe that is all this quake was- just a normal faulting, tectonic quake. Also, Mr. Jake Lowernstern (the director of the YVO) has stated that "Yellowstone is one of the most prolific sources of C02 on the planet." I believe Jake is also one of the scientists directly involved with gas emissions at the park. If levels got out of hand, I trust he would be the first to raise the alarm bell. And at the very LEAST it would be posted in the regular bulletin updates.

But ok, if I were to play "add something to this thread" on the conspiratorial side, then I would say wow- you all missed a critical tidbit:

A bunch of the world's most powerful bankers just met in Jackson Hole.

Look it up for the details.

Also, I have been expecting another swarm for a very long time, so it won't be any surprise if one were to happen in the next days, weeks or months- and be in coincidence with this thread.

Also keep in mind that when eruptions occur without seismicity, most of the time those are effusive eruptions and not explosive. It is true however that no one really knows- although I did just see an article where scientists have new data about how supervolcanoes take less than a year to ramp up to eruption. I suppose it is possible that this is the "calm before the storm"- but I seriously doubt it.
edit on Sun Aug 28th 2016 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: FarCrowd
That coordinate took me to Rio De Janeiro

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ressiv
loll ..
Always keep in mind that any elevation of YS status will have an bigger effect on the financial markets than 9/11 !!!!

then WHO will burn his/her fingers on it.....?

one hope.....they will warn if the eruption starts ore is in progress !

True I would think but the rich in the area might leave alos and whew there are a lot of wonderful ranches for sell!If some have been in the same families a long time that may tell us if there is a problem brewing in the area.
www.livewaterproperties.com...
I love it when the prices are "reduced" to under 2 million

edit on 28-8-2016 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Those bankers meet there each year, since 1979.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

It's all part of the evil plan to make YS erupt! Don't you see?

Ok, back to seriously. Now folks, what would really worry me is if we started getting big quakes directly over the magma chamber or plume, which is shown by seismic tomography to exist at an angle going northwest from the park into and under Idaho. I cringe every time there are quakes in that area- knowing what insane levels of magmatic power dwell in those depths- and which could, through swelling, set off faults above it.

Also, I believe this thread would have a better home in Skunk Works.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: elouina

Aliens....

A large mothership finally activated underground and took off into the night sky.

Although I am joking, this kind of things does often make me think interesting thoughts. However yes is odd and interesting, Maybe some government testing is going on in the local areas causing breaks in the earth.

Tesla's earthquake machine

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
43°38'10.46"N
107°25'53.46"W

Straight from Google Earth. Try that.

a reply to: violet

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
Regarding that elk herd, I think it much more likely, as other members have said, that outgassing was the culprit. I don't doubt that wolves fed on them, but I think it's ridiculous to say a pack killed this many elk.

Wolves do kill strictly for sport, like this. It isn't uncommon at all.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Sorry Steve but that is a myth. Wolves will occasionally commit surplus kills but they do not kill for sport. Sorry. Wolves Don't Kill For Sport

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Repost. Sorry.
edit on 28-8-2016 by ColdChillin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
To my untrained eye, the whole Bighorn Basin looks like an ancient Caldera.
Yellowstone would be on the west side, the mysterious "landslide" on the East.
On the South edge, Thermopolis. World's largest mineral hot springs.
Smack dab in the center? Coulter's Hell (which is showing new activity)...

Google Earth Screenshot with place marks.
Volcano push-pins are not all active volcanoes. Some are hot springs, ancient mud vents and fissures.

Cody, WY.
Smells like 6,000,000 hard-boiled eggs when you drive by there.

Coulter's Hell WIKI

edit on 28-8-2016 by sageturkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 09:39 PM
link   
That you for chiming in, TA! And also thank you for pointing out the difference between effusive and explosive eruptions' seismicity. I hadn't considered that aspect, so if we do see lava oozing at some point, it probably won't have any big warning bells. Just oozing like the terra firma version of zit, eh?

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: sageturkey

Cody, WY.
Smells like 6,000,000 hard-boiled eggs when you drive by there.

I just came back from Billings, MT traveling down I-90 into Wyoming and I smelled the rotten egg a few times along that highway. So we know there is hydrogen sulfide release in that area.

There is elevated sulfur dioxide and carbon monoxide in the atmosphere over Yellowstone. Elevated CO2 and CO4. All these gases are indicative of volcanic activity.

There have been reports of sinkholes in Wyoming, not to mention landslides in Jackson Hole and the large crack mentioned in this OP.

Continuous wildfires in the area mentioned in the OP.

A massive fish die off in the Yellowstone River through Montana a couple of weeks ago which resulted in 200 miles of the river closed to the public.

The earthquakes.

The government owned closed-off areas mentioned in the OP.

The elk die-off, most likely caused by an outgassing, not wolves.

A lot to consider. Could be nothing... or it could be something.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Tunnelling makes sense.... some high speed transit burrow or something.

Someone needs to find out where all the tunnelling machines are in operation atm.

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I guess this entire Teton Park area that I am talking about, was created by the original Huckleberry Ridge eruption that created The Island Park caldera and Huckleberry Ridge Tuff 2 million years ago. And it was, of course, its largest explosive eruption. When you look at the present age of the earth, the YS activity is pretty darn recent.

Now the smaller and shallower magma chamber that lies below the main YS area itself, may possibly need to be emptied before the larger one underneath. If so, then a super eruption is less likely in the main YS area.

So my questions are, for the areas outside the diameter of the smaller magma chamber, do they instead have direct access to the larger magma chamber? Would this make a super eruption more likely outside the main YS area? Especially when EQ are involved to open up a path? When such areas were involved 2 million years ago, these were the largest eruptions. My suspicions is that this is something the scientists will not tell us even if it is the case.

Can't find much else right now, but I will keep looking here or there.

I was looking at the map behind Tosi Peak which is where the 4.6 was marked and found some likely smoke. Wonder how long ago this satellite map was from? Just so strange that the possible smoke is/was near where the EQ was. Nothing spectacular to find I am just documenting that I found a pic of it. It is behind Tosi peak and past bacon ridge.

edit on 29-8-2016 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
That you for chiming in, TA! And also thank you for pointing out the difference between effusive and explosive eruptions' seismicity. I hadn't considered that aspect, so if we do see lava oozing at some point, it probably won't have any big warning bells. Just oozing like the terra firma version of zit, eh?

You mean like this zit from the Midway Geyser Basin?
Always wondered about this pic that I found earlier this year. And we wonder why there are fires?

edit on 29-8-2016 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: elouina

I was thinking about how much of the thermal energy in this whole area is stored in the magma chamber under Yellowstone,and if anything was going to trigger something cataclysmic,this would be it?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join