It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China enters fray in Syria on Bashar al-Assad’s side

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:41 PM
link   
www.irishtimes.com...

China, Russia and Iran have come together in a tripartite alliance supporting the Syrian government in the war against radical fundamentalist insurgents.

The main targets of this alliance are Islamic State and Jabhat Fatah al-Sham, formerly al-Qaeda’s affiliate Jabhat al-Nusra, and its partners.
Until last week Russia and Iran were the military mainstays of the overstretched and undermanned Syrian army.

China signalled it was prepared to join them by dispatching high-profile rear admiral Guan Youfei, head of Beijing’s office for international military co-operation, to Damascus to hold discussions with the Syrian defence minister Fahd Jassem al-Freij.

Anyone else familiar with this story from 2 days ago because the MSM sure isn't and neither are all the talking heads. From the sounds of it China will be supporting Assad just like the west supports the rebels by providing humanitarian aide, military training that includes Chinese weapon training because China will also be arming the Syrian gov't, and Military advisors. China's targets will be ISIS and AQ but as we've seen from Russia, will China also target western backed rebel forces?

So Iran, China, Russia supporting Assad while the west supports the rebels, and conspiracy also says the terrorists. Doesn't this sound like the ingredients to the next world war fought over a Syrian civil war and Wahhabism terrorism? How ridiculous does that sound?

And America is stuck between choosing a war monger or a thinned skinned bully. We are all in big, nay, YUGE TROUBLE!!!

Related article,

Chinese military to provide ‘aid and training assistance’ to Syrian government

edit on 24-8-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Glad to see someone else is paying attention to this stuff:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

China has promised humanitarian aide to Syria. You have to wonder if their humanitarian aide packages are like ours with a bit of food and money that is carried by military advisors and special forces ?

China has also stated in various news and press releases that Russia has been to nice with their cease fires and dialogs towards a political ending to the mess that Syria has become.. Indicating (to me anyway) that China would have rolled over the opposition or fought until there was no more opponents. Tough paper tiger talk?

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

It almost slipped through my fingers because of all the non stop barrage of Clinton and Trump. It's awful and I can't wait for one of them to go away.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I'm not surprised at this move by China; especially, since Iran and Russia are founding members of the new AIIB( Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank) that China has starting up and has been in operation since Jan 2016.

en.wikipedia.org...

Things are changing fast.
edit on 24-8-2016 by lostbook because: word add

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

A lot of people ask me why am I so invested in the American election, and my response is simple.

Under Obama, the west successfully destroyed Libya, and is trying to do the same to Syria. And, if Hillary wins, there's no doubt in my mind, that we will be seeing major escalation of conflicts around the world. It will be, who's next on the menu...

And as for the thread, good job to China. Defending sovereignty of Syria and helping them in their fight against all terrorists, including ISIS and those backed by the west.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
things have certainly gone in a definite direction the last few days.
"smoking light is off"

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You know what's weird? I don't want to derail your thread or give credit to some ancient seer....but Nostradamus said that the "final war" would be started by someone in the M.E.

Personally, I think we'll see a lot of tension, a lot of blustering and then Obama will back down. He is an appeaser and when it comes right down to it, his "lines in the sand" get re drawn further and further back. Also, I don't think either candidate is stupid enough to start a shooting war with China or Russia. Blustering and posturing? Yes. But they both have too many profitable connections to put their bank accounts at risk.
edit on 24-8-2016 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Let's not forget all about the Bush administration. You can't just go around blaming democrats while completing ignoring what the republicans did. They are 2 sides of the same coin so stop supporting one camp over the over! They're both complete garbage!

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
You know what's weird? I don't want to derail your thread or give credit to some ancient seer....but Nostradamus said that the "final war" would be started by someone in the M.E.

Personally, I think we'll see a lot of tension, a lot of blustering and then Obama will back down. He is an appeaser and when it comes right down to it, his "lines in the sand" get re drawn further and further back. Also, I don't think either candidate is stupid enough to start a shooting war with China or Russia. Blustering and posturing? Yes. But they both have too many profitable connections to put their bank accounts at risk.

I agree as long as the major powers are able to use dumb low level proxies to do their deeds why go head to head in a major confrontation ? However after F-16s were scrambled to run-off some Syrian jets there are now surface to air missiles that have been moved to a forward position to protect the Syrian air assets.

People complain about nuclear armed countries but in my opinion without the nukes we would have already seen world wars 3, 4, and maybe 5.. Let us hope the dummies in charge of the world do not decide it just ain't worth it any longer and nuke someone.

I want change so I am for anyone other than Clinton who is but the little ***** of Obama as far as policies. She was secretary of state when Libya went to the cesspool by ours and Saudi's efforts. I can still hear her sick laugh when speaking of the matter.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Good for China, standing up to that same old thinly veiled Western aggression.

Now all we need is something to spark the wider war..

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
China is not getting involved. That is not how they operate. They will however sell arms to Syria and is standard in any arms packed provide initial training on those weapons. And Assad's forces have to arm up because things are going to get much harder soon.

The breaking of the siege of Aleppo continues to show the short comings of Assads force despite every the Russian's are doing on the ground and in the air to support them. And to make matters worse the SDF is on the verge of a final battle with ISIS. And they are by far the most powerful rebel force in Syria. A mix of Kurdish, Syrian Arab, Syrian Christian, Tribal, militias and former FSA units they have been the primary force fighting ISIS while Assad and other rebel forces fight each other.

When ISIS is done the SDF will another 55 to 80 thousand men for Assad to deal with. Aware of this Assads forces have launched air and ground attacks against the Kurds.

Now Turkey has attacked ISIS force along its border in Syria. I suspect Turkey will build a buffer in Syria to keep the Kurds out but, not go after the Kurds they will just sit back and watch. The SDF will then join the other rebels against Assad. That will require more Russian aid, much more to hold them back. Unless some sort of peace deal is made the next phase of this war is just beginning.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Its a strange time to live when China, Russia and Iran are on the right side of history.

We started this war in Syria, just like we did in Lebanon and Iraq.

We flew the banner of freedom over a group of Islamic militants because we couldn't do another Iraq lie. We trained them, funded them, shipped them into the region then pointed at the government and told them to start softly with protests, riots, bashing's and wait until a fever pitch level of anger occurred. As soon as someone did something stupid, we can then move it towards a civil war and blame the government.

We are the bad guys, we the west. We got greedy after Iraq thinking we could topple the nations of the middle east for our own corporate gain.

It has many parallels with 1930's Germany and it will all end the same way.

If your motives are pure and for life and love you will always conquer those who's motives are personal, financial and/or superficial.
edit on 24/8/16 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014

A lot of people ask me why am I so invested in the American election, and my response is simple.

Under Obama, the west successfully destroyed Libya, and is trying to do the same to Syria. And, if Hillary wins, there's no doubt in my mind, that we will be seeing major escalation of conflicts around the world. It will be, who's next on the menu...

And as for the thread, good job to China. Defending sovereignty of Syria and helping them in their fight against all terrorists, including ISIS and those backed by the west.

Sir, be weary what you wish for.

You do know from the part of the world you speak from is "the old breed" and these moves in the Middle East by "the new breed" can be tantamount to testing the waters.

You do understand that China, Russia, Iran and Syria care less about you than your government does?

I mean, I'm with you. I still cannot fathom a legitimate use of force against Libya when the cause of that mess stemmed from a prison riot... Humanitarian crisis yes, casus belli for war?

I can't help but think a real excuse exists behind the game of checkers being played, we are not gaining resources and we are not doing it because some 3rd world country has a national bank. If military might is to go by we westerners have no reason to surround our perceived "enemies" or so we are lead to believe.

Just to add : As a Brit I can't help but add that Trump isn't your way forward, as a nation you deserve someone decent... You need a negotiator not a Bull Shark.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

MrSpad?

Right now what would you say the best solution is?

Nobody is pulling out and the peace talks just seemed like an opportunity to focus on ISIS and for the enemies of ISIS (possibly Assad) make ground. Is anyone ready to carve up Syria?

I honestly don't see anyone backing down now, though I can't help but think Syria has had enough... In poker when the same players keep making the next game you've basically came to the crunch, the deciding factor. I think we are at that part of the game.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well I guess they are trying extra hard for that world war,Syria might be their last chance to pull this off.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Great OP!

That’s the point to hide from the people this brewing mess Obama and Clinton created in Syria.

The elite monsters that support Clinton want this kept quiet so when Hillary the war monger murderess gets in it will be ready to explode so she could have her sick war on Assad.

China, Russia and Iran aren’t stupid and see this coming and its good they are preparing for Adolph Hillary’s neocon neo liberal war to finish off the project to destroy the ME.

That fool in Turkey, Erdogan let himself in on this sinister plot and now he has probably exposed Turkey to destruction

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

What honestly worries me, is some rogue faction getting hold of a nuke and firing it out of Russia or China, so it appears they launched it. Then all hell breaks loose.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Do you not think it's possible to force a pre-emptive strike situation?

The world needs more bongo drums and a slightly stronger hemp, it worked last time in my timeline.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

The world is tired of US 'Regime Changes'.

posted on Aug, 24 2016 @ 10:50 PM
link   
im glad China has entered the foray of nations poised to stop our madness abroad.

in the WWIII forums its always other nations who seem to be always trying to start WWIII except the US when all signs point to the opposite.

for all the bombs, all the arms we've dealt, all the 'regime' changes weve helped enforce, all the 'freedom' we've brought and sleeper cells we've financed and 3rd world countries we've 'democracized', and all the warships we have in foreign waters... i guess im not a patriot for not turning a blind eye... but surely im not blind.

go China. this madness needs to stop.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join