It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Planetary Engineering

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: TommyD1966

If you can figure out how to do that, I'd first sell that technology on this planet - you'd make a bajillion dollars (roughly).

We already have that technology, its called algae, trees and plants.

No we don't we are talking intense heat and pressure survival of an algae or plants is so close to zero as to be impossible.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Let's use the science of say a type 2 or 3 civilian and a little sifi for a moment, and think outside the box. I purpose opening a worm hole, stargate if you will, between Venus and Mars and let the hot atmosphere stream through for about 50 years. Cooling and lowering the air pressure of Venus while warming and increasing the pressure of Mars.

Meanwhile either block the solar radiation by blocking Venus with a artificial moon . Or better still, move Venus into a stable orbit out beyond the earth. At some point introducing modified plant life to both worlds. Wouldn't it be fun to play God.

Just doodling on a cocktail napkin

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kashai
Ok so essentially I want to present an idea that will require an enormous amount of work.

This has to do with the Planet Venus and in potential the benefit developing the technology of blocking all solar radiation from it's surface.

As well as alternatively being able to apply the same technology towards adjusting the amount of radiation the planet in question is exposed to at our discretion.

We could cool Venus rather quickly this way and introduce substantive amounts of Hydrogen at the surface, while at discretion altering the temperature.

Thoughts?

Here is an older article describing a Venus cooling/terraforming approach: buildengineer.com...

The author proposes to use a sunshade, estimating that it would take 100-200 years to cool Venus down. After that you'll have to get rid of the excess CO2 and get some H2O.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 08:51 AM
link   
inject algy's in venus atmosfere... in no time co2 drops and oxygene rises....
a reply to: Kashai

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
so basically you are suggesting using a tech similar to this patent to cool down a planet? you might actually be on to something here. think newtons law of motion, but with energy/radiation. Just spinning thoughts here.

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: moebius

That is pretty much what I am suggesting and thanks for the effort

Darkspace:
Yeah that as well.

I remember this from a science related book I read back in the 80's the timeline to completion was slightly longer but well within range.

All responses are appreciated.

edit on 20-8-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Aug, 20 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

so.. in addition we would need a giant "rod" or something similar to a space-elevator with rotating but connected "fans" that goes from the ground and into the upper atmosphere. this "fan-system" can be reversed to either bring hot air upwards or cold air down to the ground. this is one of these times i wish i could record and play back the images i see in my mind (i think in images) to other people
This system i think also could be applied to earth for weather control

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: darkspace

There is an issue in all of this.

Say for the case we identify some equivalent to an Earth 2.0

No equivalent to conscious life as we generally define it but plenty of animals and plants based upon Carbon. Such a place will also have virus's as well as bacteria that when exposed to human beings, could mutate and then those humans could be exposed to diseases mankind has never seen before.

An alternative would be to identify extra-solar planets which as sterile, like Venus and cause Earthlike conditions with tech.

edit on 21-8-2016 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Aug, 21 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

Cool Venus as offered et all....the next step would be Cyanobacteria.

Further...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 21-8-2016 by Kashai because: Added content

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join