It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK, Kilro quits party

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Today Robert Kilroy-Silk is quitting the UK Independence Party and added that he was no longer going to lie for them and miss lead the UK public,
He stated that he was ashmed to be a member.

there are rumours that he may start his own party leading up to the election

kilroy quits

Fair play to him!

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
On some issues i agree with him but he seems pretty select on which topics he talks about,

i wonder if he will start his new party, veritas

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
He's a funny guy is RKS, quite a series of contradictions IMHO.

I see the UKIP people are renaming his 'Veritas' party (Veritas is the latin word for truth) as vanitas.

not a bad gag for them (what with them mostly being a bunch of joyless ex-tory hard-liner has-beens) and one you might have thought the supposedly politicaslly savvy RKS would have seen coming a mile off!

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There is something about RKS that is deeply offensive and suspicious, I'm not sure if it's the barely controlled vanity or the dodgy character that seems as bogus as his perma tan. I didn't like him when he was on TV, I like him even less in politics.

posted on Jan, 20 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
I'm not sure if it's the barely controlled vanity or the dodgy character that seems as bogus as his perma tan. I didn't like him when he was on TV, I like him even less in politics.

Here here.

posted on Jan, 23 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Just an update (sort of):

news.bbc.co.uk...

Mr Kilroy-Silk did not confirm whether he intended to start a new party called truth but towards the end of his speech he used the word truth in practically every other sentence.

And he stressed that he would be campaigning at the general election but still no announcement of a new party. You tease, Robert!

I wonder if he will start his own party, if he does he'll have to do it soon or he won't have time to campaign.

[edit on 23-1-2005 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Have you seen the latest?

Oh dear......

Robert Kilroy-Silk has launched a bitter attack on his former colleagues in the United Kingdom Independence Party, describing some of them as "bloody Right-wing fascist nutters."

His outspoken comments, in a BBC film to be screened tomorrow, were made only days after he angrily quit Ukip, describing it as "a joke" and announcing the formation of a new political party named Veritas.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2005/01/21/nukip21.xml

(they insist you register to see the story initially but whether this link works without registration I don't know...... and it's the Daily Telegraph.
The things I do to bring a story, tsk, eh, eh, tsk)

[edit on 30-1-2005 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Jan, 31 2005 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Link works fine without registration SP.

Following on from that Telegraph article I did a search for Dr Jonathan Lockhart (the guy who registered the veritas domain) and found his blog, seems that he has links to The New Party too. Kilroy's blog seems to be the only remotely official site for him around, it advises any details of Kilroy's campaign will appear in his weekly column in the Sunday Express. There are reports in today's newspapers that he will announce his plans this wednesday.

I dont like Kilroy, I saw an interview with him on Hardtalk (bbc interview prog), he said he despises the language of politics, yet spent half an hour arguing the way in which the interviewer asked questions.

That said, I do find him amusing, politics can be rather dull without the characters, and he is definitely a character.

top topics

join