It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: Have You Been Polled?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This one's pretty simple. We're being bombarded with poll results almost daily. So instead of asking you who you're voting for, I'd like to know just how many of you actually received a phone call asking you who you're voting for.

I guess the simplest way to conduct this poll is just say yes and tell us what organization polled you.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75
yea I did have someone call me wanting my opinion, but I hung up, f*** em, I'm not playing their game.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You could use this site to make a poll.

Poll maker

Here is the poll, I will delete it if you want to use it in your OP.

Poll
edit on 16-8-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
No, but then again I'm from the U.K and would have to call foul if I did.

With regards to ever being polled? Never politically!!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I was recently asked by a job marketer," what kind of jobs are you looking for" and I replied," blow jobs" and she hung up.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I'm not on any lists. In '08 I'd get calls from what sounded like Giuliani campaign trying to axe me poll like questions. I had gone and signed up as supporters for all of Ron Paul's rivals. I had a riot with those callers. Romney's text messages were annoying.

link   

Just say no...........too polls.

link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I was recently asked by a job marketer," what kind of jobs are you looking for" and I replied," blow jobs" and she hung up.

Lol I'll take that as a no.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

I really appreciate the effort Jonjonj, but I just don't think that'll be necessary.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Here in the U.K, some men turn them down, just in case it effects their benefits.

True story!!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Ok, no worries.

3 votes for no so far. Sure you don't want to put it in your op?
edit on 16-8-2016 by Jonjonj because: addition

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The American people have been getting "poled" alright. Been going on for decades!

Oh.

You mean the other type? Never.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Damn! Blowjobs effect y'all welfare benefits, what kind of crazy society is that! I couldn't live there.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Damn! Blowjobs effect y'all welfare benefits, what kind of crazy society is that! I couldn't live there.

You can't suck whilst actively looking for work, that should be obvious!

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ware2010
same here someone called and asked my wife who she was voting for, she hung up on them

I asked her "who was on the phone?"
she said " i don`t know, someone asked me who i`m voting for so I hung up,i don`t know what they are going to try to sell me but I don`t want it"

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

We don't live here, but we do exist.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
When i see a weird number i always use a line like..

Central Intelligent Agency, your covert sp number please.

or

Fire Dept!

or whatever pops into my mind first.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
When i see a weird number i always use a line like..

Central Intelligent Agency, your covert sp number please.

or

Fire Dept!

or whatever pops into my mind first.

I had a friend who worked at NATO HQ in Brussels. To call him from the States I had to go through the State Dept operators in D.C. I always expected them to ask me for some form of ID or code word to put the call through but no! They just connected the call without hesitation. Shows how easy 'social engineering' would be if you knew the right words or names to ask for.

Sorry, completely off topic.

I've been polled frequently I think because we have a very old landline here; the number dates back to the 70s. Don't know which firms they were but both of us just shout back 'NONE OF THE ABOVE, ^*%$#)*^^&!!' and then hang up.

Late last night there was one of those 'your computer needs to be fixed calls' from godknowswhere. My 100 year old buddy shouted at them 'WHAT MAKES YOU THINK I HAVE A COMPUTER???!!!' Had to laugh.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Okay guys how about this... if your answer is no, then leave a flag instead of a comment.

And for those of you who are about to post a picture of a flag, could you click on the little flag icon as well... unless you've already done so.

posted on Aug, 16 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Pollsters have historically loved me for some reason.If I'm busy i allow them to call back at a time when I'm not. I usually get tired of them around October and stop answering the phone. This year has been kinda strange i got one right before Super Tuesday, it involved both local US representative and president. I of course said Trump, and I'm inclined to vote against the incumbent. Haven't had but one poll call since and it seemed kinda scam like so i didn't do it. Really weird too, I usually get about ten or so between primaries and Labor day not just on candidates but also about issues. I get poll calls in non election years too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join