It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police hunt gunman after North Carolina mall shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   

DEVELOPING: Police were searching a Raleigh, N.C. mall for a gunman Saturday after witnesses reported shots fired in the building. Police and emergency personnel were called to the Crabtree Valley Mall at around 2:45 p.m. local time. Almost two hours later, the Raleigh Police Department said officers had not located anyone with gunshot wounds and no one was in custody.

Witness Mark Rush told the station that he was walking out of a cell phone accessory store when he heard "about five or six" shots. He said the shooter was "10 or 15 feet" away and was carrying a handgun.

Just ran across this on the Fox News website and had not seen it being reported by other media sources.

Hoping for the best and that no one is killed.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 13-8-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Wow, I'm from the area and I have been there many times.

Hope everyone is OK.

I'll have to ask my family if they heard anything local.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I truly hope everyone is ok.

But at the same time this is a perfect example of just how hypocritical everyone is. When cops shoot someone because they are in danger, they are biggots, racist, and oppressors. When other people are threatened, everyone is wandering where the cops are (which is usually in the line of fire between the crazies and civilians).

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
www.wral.com...

RALEIGH, N.C. — Hours after a report of gunshots fired at a crowded Raleigh shopping mall, authorities said the situation was "de-escalating," although they had not made any arrests or identified any suspects. "We have not determined that there was a shooter," Raleigh Police Chief Cassandra Deck-Brown said. Police had not found any shell casings or people with gunshot wounds. In an announcement over the Crabtree Valley Mall public address system, Raleigh police asked that anyone who saw or heard gunshots step forward to help with the investigation. Shoppers described chaos after a series of popping sounds just after 2:30 p.m. Elisabeth Hammond, who was in the food court, said, "I'm a country girl, I know what gunfire sounds like. I felt it in my chest." Read more at www.wral.com...

Apparently, someone may or may not have discharged a gun in the mall. confusion seems to be the order of the day.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

its been a while since our mass shooting/lone gunner rampage (unusual in the US), so the stuff they put in our water is just bubbling up so to speak.... i expect a mass shooting before september.

posted on Aug, 13 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   

edit on 13-8-2016 by ezramullins because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Same thing now at JFK airport...
Panic Erupts at JFK Airport as Unconfirmed Reports of Shots Fired Force Evacuation

Blown out of proportion and called "active shooter" but with no victim, no suspect, no evidence.

Something smells.

top topics

join