It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*11* further sets of early American UFO newsletters now online – Spacecrafter, UFO-mation etc

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Okay, things are beginning to pick up a bit of speed – and with a bit of help (including from members of ATS) I think we could really kick things into a higher gear.

Some of you may have seen some of my recent threads about various UFO publlications being put online with the permission of their editors or where the material is now on the public domain – e.g. Now online : Full collection of “Journal UFO” – Canada 1979-1980 (a “great resource”), Canadian “Swamp Gas Journal” (1978-2003) by Chris Rutkowski - PDFs online, Quest Publications – Intelligence documents, CIA, Rendlesham, JAL 1628 + more PDFs, “The New Ufologist” (1994-1997) – Jenny Randles and other Brits/Euros – Complete PDFs, J Allen Hynek’s Center for UFO Studies (“CUFOS”) newsletters – CIQ and CAN : complete PDFs`, Rick Hilberg’s “UFO Magazine” (1960s-1970s, USA) – Searchable PDFs, “Strange Daze” and “Strange Times” magazines (UK, c1993-2002, Gloria Heather Dixon) - PDFs and Max B Miller’s magazine “Saucers” (1953-60) – one of the “most interesting of the period"`

It is my fond (if optimistic…) hope that making UFO source materials available as searchable PDFs may help improve the quality of modern discussions of issues relating to “UFOs”. (I continue to be surprised by the number of people, including “leading” UFO researchers that currently post things online about “UFOs” which are blatantly false or misleading…).

With that hope in mind, I’ve been making a push recently to help make various defunct UFO newsletters/magazines/journals freely available online. If there is any interest in a related project, I’ll probably be making a similar push soon in relation to government UFO documents from various countries (beyond the ones on government websites and UFO websites…).

The copyright in relation to the pre-1964 newsletters below appears not to have been renewed by registration - hence they are now in the public domain according to the sources I recently summarised in my recent thread Max B Miller’s magazine “Saucers” (1953-60) – one of the “most interesting of the period". For ease of reference, I’ll repeat those sources below in my Postscript in this thread.

Most of the very boring job of doing the relevant scanning has helpfully been done by our friends at the AFU in Sweden, with some gaps being filled by various people – particularly by Barry Greenwood in the USA. Further credits are given below in relation to the specific items. (I’ve also started doing some related scanning projects with Mary Castner of CUFOS and am also exploring possibilities with CISU in Italy, SCEAU in France and a few others. I think that members of ATS may also be able to play a very useful role in this collective effort to accelerate progress – more on that soon).

Anyway, pre-1964 issues of the following periodicals are now online. They can all be downloaded from THIS TEMPORARY LINK if you want all the material during the next week. After the next week, or if you only want some of the material or a specific issue, you can use the relevant links below to each part of this collection.

Newsletter 1 : Flying Saucer News (James Rigberg)
Newsletter 2 : Spacecrafter
Newsletter 3 : UFO Newsletter (North Jersey UFO Group – Lee Munsick)
Newsletter 4 : The Flying Saucer Review (Bob Gribble)
Newsletter 5 : Interplanetary News (Genevieve Johnston, 1953-1956)
Newsletter 6 : UFO-mation (New York Saucer Information Bureau)
Newsletter 7 : Hawk Researcher (Harry Siebert)
Newsletter 8 : Clarion Call
Newsletter 9 : Cleveland Flying Saucer Club Bulletin
Newsletter 10 : Maryland Saucer Mag (Civilian Research Society of Maryland)
Newsletter 11 : W.C.G. Research Bulletin (Waukegan Contact Group)
Postscript : Copyright issues regarding pre-1964 publications in the US

edit on 9-8-2016 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Newsletter 1 : Flying Saucer News (James Rigberg)

James (“JimmY”) Sylvester Rigberg published "Flying Saucer News" for many years from 1955 onwards. It was a fairly sensational publication, with items by and about some leading contactees (including George Adamski and others) plus pretty lurid headlines and covers. It contained some more serious items as well, with a liberal dose of classified ads for a multitude of weird and wonderful contraptions.

The photo below (included with the August 1961 issue of “Flying Saucer News”) shows James Rigberg in his UFO book store.

Richard Aguilar has written a couple of informative blog posts (including this one] and this update recalling Jimmy Rigberg (“the quiet and unassuming owner of New York City’s only flying saucer bookshop”):

Up to 31 December 1963, the issues of this publication appear to be in the public domain due to a failure to renew the relevant copyright. The following issues are now on the AFU website at THIS LINK

Flying Saucer News - 1955 03 – March (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1955 04 - April (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1955 05 - May (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1955 07 - July (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1955 08 - August (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1955 09 - September (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1956 01 - January (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Flying Saucer News - 1957 11 - November (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Flying Saucer News - 1958 07 - July (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Flying Saucer News - 1958 10 - October (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Flying Saucer News - 1961 08 - August (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Flying Saucer News - 1962 10 - October (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1963 06 - June (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1963 12 - December (Scanned by AFU)

I'm currently trying to find Ridberg's surviving family (if any), which may be a way to overcome any copyright problem in relation to the later issues. The following issues from 1964 onwards have been scanned and are require a relevant permission for them to be uploaded as well.

Flying Saucer News - 1964 08 - August (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1965 01 - January (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1965 08 - August (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1967 01 - January (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1969 08 - August (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1970 09 - September (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1971 08 - August (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1972 05 - May (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1972 12 - December (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1973 09 - September (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1974 04 - April (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1974 10 - October (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1975 06 - June (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1977 08 - August (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1977 12 - December (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1979 01 - January (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1979 09 - September (Scanned by AFU)
Flying Saucer News - 1982 05 - May (Scanned by AFU)

Science fiction fans (like me…) may be amused to see Devil’s Tower being linked to UFO sightings in this publication, long before Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Newsletter 2 : Spacecrafter

Most of the “Spacecrafter” newsletter published by the “Spacecraft Research Association” was taken up with local UFO club news, with a heavy dose of contactee-type articles by George Hunt Williamson and material about the UFO conventions at Giant Rock. There were, however, a sprinkling of newspaper articles and material from other countries.

The president of the “Spacecraft Research Association” was Franky G Miller.

You can buy individual issues of some issues of these rare newsletters for US$ 65 each online on some websites, or you can download scans of 20 issues from the AFU’s website for the more reasonable price of, well, nothing. (Incidentally, 20 times US$65 equals US$1300…). It’s up to you.

The following issues are now on the AFU website at THIS LINK

Spacecrafter - 1958 10 - October (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Spacecrafter - 1958 12 - December (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Spacecrafter - 1959 01 - January (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Spacecrafter - 1959 02 - February to March (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Spacecrafter - 1959 04 - April (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Spacecrafter - 1959 05 - May (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Spacecrafter - 1959 06 - June to July (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Spacecrafter - 1959 08 - August – INCOMPLETE (Scanned by AFU)
Spacecrafter - 1959 09 - September (Scanned by AFU)
Spacecrafter - 1959 10 - October (Scanned by AFU)
Spacecrafter - 1959 11 - November (Scanned by AFU)
Spacecrafter - 1959 12 - December (Scanned by AFU)
Spacecrafter - 1960 01 - January to May (Scanned by AFU)
Spacecrafter - 1960 06 - June to July (Scanned by AFU)
Spacecrafter - 1960 08 - August to October (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Spacecrafter - 1960 11 - November to December (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Spacecrafter - 1961 01 - January to February (Scanned by AFU)
Spacecrafter - 1961 03 - March-April (Scanned by AFU)
Spacecrafter - 1961 05 - May to July (Scanned by AFU)
Spacecrafter - 1961 08 - August to September (Scanned by AFU)

link   

Newsletter 3 : UFO Newsletter (North Jersey UFO Group – Lee Munsick)

Lee Munsick of the North Jersey UFO Group edited their “UFO Newsletter”.

With one missing issue (for now…), the complete collection from 1956 to 1960 is on the AFU website.

As with many other UFO newsletters, this publication started off very modestly and grew in size. (Issue 1 was a single page, whereas Issue 13 was 34 pages). So, if selecting a random issue, it is probably best to begin with one of the later issues. Those later issues included quite a few fairly serious and detailed discussions of topics such as public opinion about UFOs and problems affecting the field.

For example, in an item by Richard Hall entitled “Fact, Fiction and Flying Saucers” published in Issue 13 in 1960, the following comments were made (which would be equally apposite over 50 years later…)

The field of Ufology, as represented by the untold hundreds of UFO periodicals, is over-loaded with meaningless speculation and deliberate corruption of fact. Some of the notions that creep into even the best UFO papers are either entirely without factual foundation or, if they are factual, have no definite bearing on the UFO mystery. Others are either outright lies, or pseudo-scientific guesswork ‘theories’.

UFO Newsletter no 1 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Newsletter no 2 (Scanned by CUFOS)
UFO Newsletter no 3 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Newsletter no 4 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Newsletter no 5 (****CURRENTLY MISSING****)
UFO Newsletter no 6 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Newsletter no 7 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
UFO Newsletter no 8 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
UFO Newsletter no 9 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
UFO Newsletter no 10 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
UFO Newsletter no 11 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Newsletter no 12 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO Newsletter no 13 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)

link   

Newsletter 4 : "The Flying Saucer Review" (Bob Gribble)

Bob Gribble's "The Flying Saucer Review" was published in 1955-1956. It included items such as articles by Ray Stanford about his "communications with the space people" and items by August C Roberts, plus coverage of press articles about UFOs and other UFO reports from witnesses. (Ray Stanford’s material in this publication also included writing about how George Adamski’s stories had “stood the test of time” and had “that ring of truth” so “let us work with such as these as a basis”… - see Vol 2 issues 2 and 9)

The AFU and Barry Greenwood have now scanned most issues of Robert J Gribble's "Flying Saucer Review" from the 1950s. Barry Greenwood has two further issues which he hopes to scan soon. (I’m hoping that others can fill in some of the remaining gaps and have a few thoughts on avenues to pursue in relation to this publication – among others).

The current state of play in relation to the scanning of this publication is set out below. The scanned issues are now on the AFU website at THIS LINK

vol 1 no 1 (****CURRENTLY MISSING****)
vol 1 no 2 (****CURRENTLY MISSING****)

vol 1 no 3 (****CURRENTLY MISSING****)

vol 1 no 4 (****CURRENTLY MISSING****)

vol 1 no 5 (****CURRENTLY MISSING****)

vol 1 no 6 (To be scanned by Barry Greenwood, when located in his collection)

vol 1 no 7 (To be scanned by Barry Greenwood, when located in his collection)

vol 1 no 8 (Scanned by AFU)

vol 1 no 9 (Scanned by AFU)

vol 1 no 10 (Scanned by AFU)

vol 1 no 11 (****CURRENTLY MISSING****)

vol 1 no 12 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)

vol 2 no 1 (Scanned by AFU)

vol 2 no 2 (Scanned by AFU)

vol 2 no 3 (Scanned by AFU)

vol 2 no 4 (Scanned by AFU)

vol 2 no 5 (Scanned by AFU)

vol 2 no 6 (Scanned by AFU)

vol 2 no 7 (Scanned by AFU)

vol 2 no 8 (****CURRENTLY MISSING****)

vol 2 no 9 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)

vol 2 no 10 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)

link   

Newsletter 5 : Genevieve Johnston's "Interplanetary News" (1953-1956) - PDFs

This newsletter mainly contained material by leading contactees.

Interplanetary News Digest - vol 1 no 1 (Scanned by AFU)
Interplanetary News Digest - vol 1 no 2 (Scanned by AFU)
Interplanetary News Digest - vol 1 no 3 (Scanned by AFU)
Interplanetary News Digest - vol 1 no 4 (Scanned by AFU)
Interplanetary News Digest - vol 2 no 1 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Interplanetary News Digest - vol 2 no 2 (Scanned by AFU)
Interplanetary News Digest - vol 2 no 3 (Scanned by AFU)
Interplanetary News Digest - vol 2 no 4 (Scanned by AFU)
Interplanetary News-Scope - 1956 10 - October (Scanned by AFU)
Interplanetary News-Scope - 1956 12 - December (Scanned by AFU)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Newsletter 6 : UFO-mation (New York Saucer Information Bureau)

The "New York Saucer Information Bureau" considered by 1958/1959 that its files were "bursting with material and data" and it was their job to "reach as many as we can and make them aware that flying saucers DO exist". A relatively high proportion of their slim "UFO-mation" bulletins contained (rather brief) accounts about UFO sightings and groups outside the USA.

UFO-mation vol 1 no 1 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
UFO-mation vol 1 no 2 (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
UFO-mation vol 1 no 3 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO-mation vol 1 no 4 (Scanned by AFU)
UFO-mation vol 1- - 3 (Scanned by AFU)

link   

Newsletter 7 : Hawk Researcher (Harry Siebert)

This is a charming little example of a UFO newsletter published in the early 1960s by a teenager (in this particular instance, by Harry Siebert) - complete with hand-drawn illustrations.

The Hawk Researcher - 1962 01 – January (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
The Hawk Researcher - 1962 04 - April-May (Scanned by AFU)
The Hawk Researcher - 1962 08 – August (Scanned by AFU)
The Hawk Researcher - 1962 09 – September (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
The Hawk Researcher - 1962 10 – October (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
The Hawk Researcher - 1962 11 – November (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
The Hawk Researcher - 1963 02 – February (Scanned by Barry Greenwood)
Hawk Research Society Board of Advisors Bulletin 2 (Scanned by AFU)

link   

Newsletter 8 : Clarion Call

This was not purely a UFO publication but instead focuses on prophecies and other New Age type material with just a dash of UFOs, "the glories of the new Space Age" and "spirits, attuned to higher vi-brations" allegedly evolved on other planets...

Clarion Call vol 1 no 1 (Scanned by AFU)
Clarion Call vol 2 no 2 (Scanned by AFU)
Clarion Call vol 2 no 3 (Scanned by AFU)
Clarion Call vol 2 no 4 (Scanned by AFU)

link   

Newsletter 9 : Cleveland Flying Saucer Club Bulletin

I’ve only been able to locate a single issue of this Bulletin so far amongst the combined collections of various UFO groups and researchers. That issue is now on the AFU’s website at THIS LINK

It looks like the OAC archives include material relating to the Cleveland Flying Saucer Club (?including further issues of their Bulletin?) but I haven't yet launched a project I'm considering in relation to that archive and some others so don't yet know/have the actual contents.

link   

Newsletter 10 : Maryland Saucer Mag (Civilian Research Society of Maryland)

George Eberhart's "UFOs and the Extraterrestrial Contact Movement - A Bibliography - Volume 1 - UFOs" includes this item "9603. MARYLAND SAUCER MAG, nos.1-3 (1955). Civilian Research Society of Maryland, Baltimore. Ed. Rose Hackett".

The AFU has scanned the first 2 of the (apparent) 3 issues at THIS LINK

I’ll continue to try to track down the (apparent) remaining single issue at some point.

link   

Newsletter 11 : W.C.G. Research Bulletin (Waukegan Contact Group)

Issue 1 (possibly the only one) of the "W.C.G. Research Bulletin" of the Waukegan Contact Group has been scanned and is now on the AFU website at [url=http://www.afu.se/Downloads/Magazines/United%20States/WCG%20Research%20Bulletin%20(Waukegan%20Contact%20Group)/THIS LINK[/url]

As with some modern UFO publications, the material is sometimes apparently unintentionally funny. Perhaps it’s just me, but I was amused by the list of “Research Fields” in this publication which included:

Future Health Conceptions
Communications
Radiations
Lost Continents
World Of Madmen
Ancient Civilizations
Mental Control
Underground Civilizations
Truth Conceptions
Other Dimensions
Coming World Changes
Celestial Research

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Postscript : Copyright issues regarding pre-1964 publications in the US

For ease of reference, I’ll repeat below the sources I posted in Section B of my recent thread Max B Miller’s magazine “Saucers” (1953-60) – one of the “most interesting of the period" in relation to pre-1964 publications in the US.

I like to share UFO source material freely online. It is my fond (if somewhat optimistic…) hope that this may somewhat improve the quality of online discussions about “UFOs”.

I have generally restricted myself to posting material in relation to which I have obtained explicit permission from the person that wrote/edited the relevant publication or their heirs/assignees (e.g. various newsletters (including "Skeptics UFO Newsletter" by Phil Klass, “The New Ufologist” (1994-1997) co-edited by Jenny Randles, ”Journal UFO” edited by Dave Haisell and Rick Hilberg’s 1960/1970s “UFO Magazine”) and various out-of-print books (e.g. ”Melbourne Episode : Case Study of a Missing Pilot" by Dr Richard Haines about the Valentich disappearance and “On Pilots and UFOs” by Dr Willy Smith) plus various PhD dissertations regarding UFOs (see my thread Dr Who?? : UFO PhD dissertations - free online). Heck, I don’t even like to make copies of official government documents available unless the copyright position of the relevant government is clear to me or unless I obtain permission from that government (e.g. when I made from available Canadian UFO documents in PDF format in 2012 that was done with the express permission of the Canadian government and similarly when I made Australia UFO documents available in PDF format in 2013 that was done with a permission given on behalf of the Commonwealth Government of Australia).

While I sent out a lot of emails seeking permissions to make UFO material available (with a fairly high success rate - unless dealing with leaders of some American UFO groups…) sometimes it is not possible to find the heirs of the authors/editors of some old defunct magazines/books. In some cases, it is also unnecessary because some of the older UFO material from some countries is now in the public domain and is copyright free.

Although I’ve spend quite a bit of time in the last few weeks looking into copyright issues in relation to some old UFO material from the USA, I’m just a layperson when it comes to American copyright laws. So, I cannot give (and am not giving…) legal advice on any related issue. These are seriously complicated waters – particularly if you have to consider material published in more than one country.

With that disclaimer firmly in mind, I thought I’d highlight a few basic resources relating to American copyright law. If you are looking into copyright issues, you may find these a useful starting point.

As a basic introduction, I note that Wikipedia includes the following in an entry entitled “Copyright renewal”:

Works published before 1964 in the US are all in the public domain, excepting only those for which a renewal was registered with the US copyright office (Footnote 1) (Footnote 2) Relatively few works from this era have had their copyrights renewed. A US copyright office study in 1961 found that fewer than 15% of registered copyrights had been renewed

Copyright renewal has largely lost its significance for works copyrighted in the US in 1964 or after due to the Copyright Renewal Act of 1992. This law removed the requirement that a second term of copyright protection is contingent on a renewal registration. The effect was that any work copyrighted in the US in 1964 or after had a copyright term of 75 years, whether or not a formal copyright renewal was filed.

Copyright renewal is significant for works with US copyright notices from 1923–1963. All copyright registrations and renewal registrations are published by the Copyright Office in its Catalog of Copyright Entries. For works with copyright notices from 1950 onward, the catalog can be searched online for renewals using a website maintained by the Copyright Office; the corresponding renewals are from 1978–1991

As always, it’s best to check the references supporting a Wikipedia entry…

Let’s have a look at the references cited in the above section:

Footnote 1 is a document issued by the US Government (specifically, issued by the US Copyright Office) entitled “Renewal of Copyright”. It includes the following in a note in bold on Page 1:

note: If a copyright originally secured before January 1, 1964, was not renewed at the proper time, copyright protection expired at the end of the 28th calendar year of the copyright and could not be restored.

Footnote 2 is a private blog website called “Public Domain Sherpa” which – as the name may suggest – gives a guide to ensuring material really is copyright-free. That page includes the following:

Copyright renewal requirements tripped up a lot of copyright owners before the current copyright law did away with them. Failure to renew caused many works originally published from 1923 through 1963 to enter the public domain.

Works published from 1950 through 1963 are easy : You can do renewal searches for 1950–1963 works online, at the Copyright Office web site. The Copyright Office has put online copyright registration records from 1978 onward. These records include copyright renewals from 1951 onward (and some from 1950, since some copyrights from 1950 could have been renewed in 1977)

For works with copyright notices from 1950 onward, a catalog maintained by the Copyright Office at THIS LINK can be searched online for renewals:

From doing various searches of that database, it appears that copyright for the material made available in this thread was not renewed.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:47 PM
link   
interesting but sad to see most of the publications are 100% contactee

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
interesting but sad to see most of the publications are 100% contactee

Well, it's a bit like UFO websites and Facebook UFO groups today : the nonsensical ones substantially outnumber the more credible ones.

"Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose"

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: IsaacKoi

yeah

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   

You have done and continue to do a magnificent job with your project. Since I have a UFOlogist from 1958 to the present I have read just about all of the UFO-related newsletters. But I found them wanting because they were just reportage and there was little new happening in UFOlogy. However, there is one newsletter that I consider the most important of all 'cause it was 100% informative and didn't hold back punches. If you can include these 2 newsletters I'll read them all over from the first to the last issue as I did with Phil Klass's newsletter.

from wiki:
James Willett Moseley (August 4, 1931 – November 16, 2012) was an American observer, author, and commentator on the subject of unidentified flying objects (UFOs). Over his nearly sixty-year career, he exposed UFO hoaxes and he engineered hoaxes of his own. He was best known as the publisher of the UFO newsletters Saucer News and its successor Saucer Smear, which became the longest continuously published UFO journal in the world.

I knew James and was honored to have been invited to one of his legendary Christmas parties and the next newsletter mentioned my appearance as at the time I was co-editor of a couple of UFO magazines one of which is being held by Cindy Williams in a publicity photo for the film UFOria. The magazine: "BEYOND REALITY'S UFO QUARTERLY". She's holding a Special Edition.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: klassless
You have done and continue to do a magnificent job with your project.

Thank you for the kind words.

one newsletter that I consider the most important of all 'cause it was 100% informative and didn't hold back punches. If you can include these 2 newsletters I'll read them all over from the first to the last issue

I'd love to upload scans Jim Moseley's "Saucer News" and its successor "Saucer Smear". I greatly enjoyed both of them - albeit they are both probably more about ufologists than UFOs.

Unfortunately, there were complications regarding permissions/copyright when i briefly looked into this a year or two ago.

Basically, issues from 1995 onwards are currently available (at a price) on the commercial "UFOTV.com" website at : www.ufotv.com...

I'll look into this again and raise it with some people that have had contact with Jim's daughter.

at the time I was co-editor of a couple of UFO magazines

Mmm. Since you mention that role, it would be almost rude of me to neglect to ask: Are you in a position to give permission for any defunct UFO magazine to be scanned and made freely available online?

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: IsaacKoi

at the time I was co-editor of a couple of UFO magazines

Mmm. Since you mention that role, it would be almost rude of me to neglect to ask: Are you in a position to give permission for any defunct UFO magazine to be scanned and made freely available online?

While I don't use the word "wish" in this case I do wish I could be in a position to help. Harry and I were friends in the late 1970s and I helped edit his publications as he was a one-man publisher. I moved to L.A. and when I returned I contacted him and I was going to visit him at his home in Nanuet, NY but it never came to pass and the next thing I knew was I read his obituary in 2009. I never met his family, his wife Lydia died in 2010, so I can't give you any help with contacts either.

posted on Aug, 10 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Isaac, the link seems to be miscoded in your post.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join