It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I've had enough of my parents

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

You expect a 13 year old to be wise enough to realize that in an era of social media? I think he's learning it now, though - the hard way.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Oh, I didn't realise the member was only 13, fair one.
It is a pity the parent/child relationship seems so strained.
My son is 18 and we have always had a fantastic relationship because I always talked with him, about everything. He's my weekend drinking/party wingman these days and I can't imagine not having such a deep bond.
Well, I can, most of his mates are jealous of our father/son relationship.

I wish the same for the OP, and understand, speaking as someone who had pretty much zero communication/understanding with my parents as a child. It was why I ran away as soon as the law allowed my independence aged 16.
No hard feelings OP, but while you live on the coin of Mam and Dad you just gotta deal with it I guess, maybe try express how you feel in a calm non-emotional way?

It's a two way street though and you can only farm the land you've got.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You expect a 13 year old to be wise enough to realize that in an era of social media? I think he's learning it now, though - the hard way.

The way the world works, honestly. And if he keeps it up, and goes the right way, he will be a much stronger man in the future.

interacting on ATS made me twice the thinker I was when I came here. its a great place, if you are interested in that kind of stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I agree, blunt opinion is needed.
Protection with overuse of bubble-wrap does not help the emotive person grow, it just bull#s them that the world is magic and marshmallows.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

The unfortunate part....how many random strangers on the internet actually care?

Caring confrontation is good. Caring criticism is good. Bullying is more deconstructive. Folks who wear a white hat may e hard to filter out from the background of black hats.

Having run call centers for a decade, i have some stories about lonely kids that would make the hardest man cry.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

The unfortunate part....how many random strangers on the internet actually care?

Less than 5%?

Whatever the figure is ATS is certainly a better environment than a lot of mainstream social media.
I'll be blunt often, but I'm coming from an intent which is for good generally.
I can separate topics from the person and easily defend someone in one thread while attacking their argument in another.
...just digital words.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Hey there OP...

Pretty sure every single one of us older folk can relate in at least some way to your frustrations.
Hoping also you may be able to glean something from the learnings shared here.

That said - life is long, hopefully.
What seems so pressing now is so often not so much next year or next decade or...it all gets pretty relative once you start clocking up the miles of life...

However - you have an interest, a passion, a reasonably solid idea/dream of what you want to do and be in life.
THAT is something it seems a rarity within far too many of the youth I know.
So...you go for it. Be true to yourself. Stay passionate yet stay humble too.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: alien

One of the wisest people I know.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
Quit your whining and focus on your own darned life.

Isn't that pretty much what everyone in the thread has offered to you, but to no avail?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I'm alerting a mod. Closing this thread.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

Closing Thread at OPs request.

Would also ask people to keep in mind that we here at ATS are a community of different individuals, different perspectives.
We should never allow our perspectives to become poisonous however.

---Closing now----

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join