It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I've had enough of my parents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
My mom is so freaking paranoid!!! My dad's mood fluctuates from happy to mad, happy to mad. I have no clue WHY! My parents won't let my dog into the house, so when I secretly brought her in, and when my dog yapped because I started dragging her by the collar to the basement door ( I heard my mom), my mom automatically goes down into the basement and starts yelling at me. She then picks up every hair and starts acting like a retard.

I am seriously considering... I'm so angry. My mom acts like a psycho. I have flashbacks of my fight with my sister. I'm done. I hate it. I want to cry so hard right now. I've got too much on my chest. I feel like I'm gonna explode.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
U will b Oki chin up !

edit on 8 8 16 by robbeh because: ...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Move out

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Baldryck
I'm how old? Until I go to college, I'm in this mess for good.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: lazyfortress

No idea how old you are. You are living in your parent's house, not yours. You should follow their rules, which you are blatantly disobeying then looking for sympathy. You have two options, follow what they set out or move out and make your own rules.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Baldryck
You don't understand. My dad gets mad for no apparent reason. Yes, I know the dog was my fault.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress

My mom is so freaking paranoid!!!

My dad's mood fluctuates from happy to mad, happy to mad. I have no clue WHY!

Hmmmm. Maybe, just a guess here, mom's paranoia?

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Firstly I'd like to say I'm sorry for the way you're feeling right now. Living with anyone can be stressful, and it's only compounded by the fact that they're your parents. But, putting that aside, I'd like to offer some advice. The first adviso here is to come back and read this after you've had a chance to calm down and take everything in.

Now, the first thing you should understand is that you're not responsible for the behavior of anyone else. Without knowing the specifics of your situation or your dynamic with your parents, you can't hold yourself responsible for every mood swing and every argument. Internalizing it only makes the problem worse, will stress you out, and helps absolutely no one. I'm not familiar with what options are available to you, but I would recommend going for a walk to defuse the situation, or at the very least just getting to a spot where you can be quiet and by yourself.

Secondly, you should consider the behavior of others from their perspective when it's possible. This isn't to say you're wrong and they're right, or vice versa, but perhaps your father's mood changed so quickly because of something of which you're unaware. To give you some background, I rent a room from a married couple who have children, and I've lived here now for six years. While the first year was filled with the average growing pains of people getting used to one another, I've come to regard these people as my family and best friends, honestly. But even then, there are times where we really piss each other off and just need to walk away. It happens in every close-quarters dynamic and there's not much you can do to help it aside from A) be considerate of their situation and try to evaluate things with respect to their situation and B) know when it's time to walk away and pick up the discussion at a later time.

Lastly, and perhaps most importantly, things always seem 100% more drastic when we're "in the moment", and the heat of the moment can make things seem a lot worse than they actually are. Again, speaking from experience here. So, whatever you're considering, you need to make sure you actually think. Think long, and think hard about your reaction and what it means. How will it affect the people around you? For better or worse (and without knowing any of your personal history with your folks), they are your family, and you should endeavor to remember that.

I hope you find some measure of peace and tolerance within your household, I hope your stress abates, and I hope you're able to somehow be ok.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Buy a punching bag and grow.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   

follow their rules, and do as they say, or GTFO. They pay the bills, they provide all the things needed for your survival. So they get the privilege of making all the rules to make you wish you could just move out. But I am sure they would rather have you stay with them forever. Just leaching off of their generosity until they die.

When you grow up, I hope you look back on this thread and laugh.

Sincerely,

A parent

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
My account for roblox just got compromised. So I have that going for me. Aaand my dad is home. I do appreciate what my parents have done for me, but I've had enough of their mood swings.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Gold...

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:05 PM
link   

try doing some nice things for them. Take some of the stress off of them. As a parent, I can say, having a kid step up and help out without being asked, asked again, begged, then threatened, would be super cool.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My dad lives to prove me wrong, even though I'm 100% correct. He always wants to crush my dreams. Let's use FSX as an example. Some of you may remember the thread about me wanting to create a yoke, or rudder pedals, or a throttle quadrant for Flight Simulator X. Dad was trying to say "You can't do that." "You don't have the materials."

When I want to do something with my website: "Nobody will go to your website."

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
...then threatened, would be super cool.

Ah, I miss those super-cool, carefree days of my youth.

Father: Take out the garbage.

Me: I'm busy!

Father: You want to be spittin' Chicklets?!?!

Me: Fine! I'll take out the garbage.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lazyfortress
My dad lives to prove me wrong, even though I'm 100% correct.

You are probably the only teenager I know who believes they are smarter than their parents. This is not a common phenomena at all.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Adversity exists as a guide. Your compass is being honest. The road is rocky in spots but face it truthfully.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

see at least you were nice enough to offer words. the blank stare and condescending head shake is woefully underappreciated, but does get the blood flowing nicely.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
the blank stare and condescending head shake is woefully underappreciated, but does get the blood flowing nicely.

If I would have given the Old Man an eye roll he would have told we he was going roll them across the floor.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I'm talking about about my hobbies and scientific facts.. Think before you talk.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join