It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fated...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Fated

The Three Fates looked down upon the two souls, separated by vast land and sea. They stepped away from the Waters of Fate and discussed what they had saw. Two souls that wished to be one. The golden thread of life for these two came from the same spool. One having been the first life granted, the other having been the last. This has made a special bond between them. Something that could not be broken no matter what the Fates did. So strong was the pull that it was effecting the very fabric of time itself.

They chatted for hours among themselves, trying to decide what the fate of these two people should be. They could not allow this love to break the folds of time, could not allow it to shatter the Mirror of Illusions. They had no choice but to allow these two souls to join. If they were not allowed to unite again, the very world itself would be destroyed. Already the pull of their love was causing massive earthquakes and floods. The whole balance of the world had shifted, all because these two souls were drawn to one another. The sisters, knowing that Destiny would always prevail over them and her wishes had to be satisfied, set to make things right.

They would be brought together..bound eternally by a single thread. But as The Three Fates always do, they placed a knot within the thread. With each life, these two would spend most of their time searching for one another. Only after many trials and hardships would they find each other. The love though, the love would be so powerful and extraordinary, it would be written within the history books in every era they lived. Making their love forever bound to time as well, an eternal story that would never end as long as time never ended.

Excitedly Lecheries drew two very long golden threads. She found renewed passion within her work, hurrying to collect the thread and dip each end of the pieces into the waters of fate. For it had been a very long time since they were able to use this life thread in their work. This thread was usually reserved for the Gods, but every once in awhile, when the waters of fate showed that two souls were actually one, they were able to weave with it. Ah, but she had such a fondness for love. She, herself, had found love once, a very long time ago. Such a beautiful feeling. She knew her sisters would not be pleased at what she was about to do. For they had already agreed on these two souls fate. But Lachesis was a romantic at heart, and before she handed the two pieces of thread to her sister to weave, she pricked her finger and placed a drop of her essence onto each thread. Now these two would be have the power of sight, knowing the instant their eyes met that they were to be one. A small gift, but one filled with such power. For the two would know love at first sight. Lachesis giggled a bit as she hurried away to give the thread to Clotho.

Clotho sat at her loom, spinning the two threads of life together as one. Using the strongest weave she had knowledge of, she made sure that the two threads would never unravel. She bound them so tightly, taking her time to ensure that they were inseparable. Half way through, she stepped away from her work long enough to retrieve the piece of Aphrodite's' hair she'd plucked from the goddesses head herself. Combining it with the two threads, it would ensure that these souls would always, in each life, find their way to one another. She was just about finished when she stopped weaving. Memories of a love long lost came flooding into her head. She remembered what it was like to feel such a feeling of euphoria. She knew her sisters would not understand what these two souls felt. But she did. She finished the weave, the best one she had ever done. As she pulled the one thread from the spindle, she placed the end of it into her mouth, letting the very essence of her words wet the golden fiber. A small gift, but a powerful one. For these two will know when they spoke to each other that their words were true and from the heart. There would be no question that their love was fated to be. She hid her smile as she rushed the single golden thread to her sister, Atropos .

Atropos took the golden thread to measure it. She held it gently between her fingers and raised it up to the light. Yes, she could see where the knot was. It was placed so far down on the thread, these two would spend most of their days searching for one another. Such a tragedy, poetic justice served by her hands and the hands of her sisters. Not much room left at the end to place her cut. These two would only have a few years together in each life before they would be separated again. She places the thread on the table and starts to measure it. Sliding her scissors up and down along the length until she finds the perfect spot. While she was doing so, she leans down so she can see and make a clearer cut. Her eyes start to water as she thinks about how harsh a fate she and her sisters have given to these two lovers. Having known love herself once, she felt an overwhelming sense of despair and sadness for them. Her vision now blurred by the tears she was holding back, she leans down a bit closer, and just as she makes the cut, a single tear falls from her eye and lands upon the thread. In shocked disbelief she stands straight up and cries "what have I done?" After a few moments she smiles as she realizes what a beautiful gift that has been given to these lovers. A small one, but very powerful. At the end of each life, when both look into each other's eyes and speak the words of love, they will know comfort. For with that single tear, Atropos has given the couple the gift of knowledge. At the very moment of death, both will know that they will live and love again.

She picks up the golden thread and laughs through her tears. Walking over to The Waters of Fate, she throws it in the pool. All three sisters gather to watch as the thread floats for a bit on the top then falls slowly down into its depths. Each one touching the spot where they gave their gifts from, eventually placing their hands on their hearts as the thread fades from view.

Thanks,
blend57
edit on 8-8-2016 by blend57 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-8-2016 by blend57 because: for editing

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Absolutely wonderful!

Pure Love!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

Lots of love! Loved it!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Thank you.

The gold thread had me confused at first. But yeah, makes sense. Eternal, not subject to tarnish like silver.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I always read your stories, cause i love, how they make you think outside the box

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The way you describe with such ceremony is truly incredible. I enjoy your writings immensely!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   

wow how did i miss this one!

Well Written blend, beautifully versed, and deeply touching~

Thankyou for that!

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
valiant

Thank you! Always excited when I see you post in my threads. As I know that means something within them touched your very soul. Glad to see you liked it..

Quantum12, pthena, tikbalang, JinMI, awareness10

Thanks to all of you who took the time to read and respond to my post. Is nice to know that people actually read some of my writings.. and I wanted to let you all know that I read your words as well. Thanks for writing them..so many thoughts and ideas.. so many different viewpoints..every time I open a short story thread I get excited to read what's written there. And most of the time I am pleasantly surprised by the creative minds that are on this sight..

So, thanks again for the nice comments..and keep writing!

blend57

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

If only Star Trek writers came in here, hold my fingers crossed..

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Don't temp me lol. I have in my head 1000's of thoughts. Some make no sense only to me. I always read you amazing writing!

new topics

top topics

join