It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Algerie flight AH1020 declares mid-air emergency 'then disappears from radar'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

The Air Algerie Boeing 737-600 took off from Algiers this afternoon on a flight to Marseille but let out an emergency call shortly after take-off.

Flight radar showed the plane turn around and head back towards the point where it took-off but before arriving, the jet disappeared from radar.

Air Algerie flight AH1020 declares mid-air emergency on journey from Algiers to Marseille 'then disappears from radar'

Good Morning!

We have an unknown situation with Algerie Flight AH1020

A passenger plane has declared a mid-air emergency and seemingly disappeared from radar, according to reports.

The plane in question has space for 123 seats - although it is not yet known how many were occupied by crew and passengers.

Plane tracking site Flight Radar 24 currently lists the plane's status as "unknown".

Hope all is well and this plane is found safe and sound. Though, I'm only guessing here but it doesn't seem like terrorist related. It might have just been engine malfunction but since it dropped off the radar, I fear the worst.

Thoughts and prayers to these people, their loved one and their friends and families.

Though, there is hope, as one commenter put it:

It is not yet known what the emergency was or if the plane has landed safely.

Folks it did not crash ADS-b does not work below 17,000 ft in this area all planes wont show up. #AH1020

AH1020
— Northerntomcat (@Northerntomcat) August 6, 2016

edit on 6-8-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
According to the airline they landed safely.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
According to the airline they landed safely.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks! That is good to know.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I love the fact that they show a 737-200 instead of the actual aircraft.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Good to know that this is no longer an issue. It's a good thing when we see news like this that actually turns out better in the end than it did when it started. It's certainly not often!

Thanks again for the updates!

MODS please close this puppy down.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Go Boeing....you rock our lame azzes

I love you guys

top topics

join