It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pareidolia or ancient aliens? Are there hidden pictures in binary numbers?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   
While browsing the mathematical encyclopedia Wolfram Mathworld, I came across a page on "Euler's Number Triangle". On this page is a plot formed from base-2 binary numbers stacked next to each other. I noticed that these binary numbers formed some quite remarkable patterns.

I posted a thread on this about 5 years ago, but most of the images have expired now so I'm going to repost it here.

Euler's number triangle is very similar to the famous Pascal's triangle, the only difference is that an extra multiplication takes place when forming the triangle.

This animation is showing how Pascal's triangle is formed - Euler's is nearly identical to this:

So we take a row from that triangle, convert each number into a binary number, stack them side by side, then we get these pictures:

Same images, with black swapped for white:

Strange.. Is this pareidolia, or something more important?

This is a close up description of how the 13th figure is plotted from the numbers in the triangle. This is a fairly large image, so if you open it in a new window, you should be able to read all the details.

A closeup on the first two really interesting rows - row 13 & 14. This is my personal interpretation of what I see - maybe you see something different? Or nothing at all? Is this random noise, or maybe something else?

Plotted using mathematical unit cubes:

How about row 28? I find this *remarkably* anthropomorphic considering how easy it is to generate these numbers.

One section isolated:

Some higher rows:

A large version of the triangle, showing the algorithm in detail.

More details on Euler's number triangle can be found here:

mathworld.wolfram.com...

The triangle of Eulerian numbers has many deep connections to number theory and combinatorics. So not only do these numbers make cool pictures, they are important and useful in real mathematics!

edit on 6-8-2016 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Interesting, but I think it's pareidolia.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: yampa

Hmmm...

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   

I clicked on this thread, thinking, "oh boy another silly post". Turns out it was actually a most thought-provoking read. Well presented, and your maths are good.

I would say pareidolia, but the face is just so clear, I confess that even I am uncertain. You make a good case!

Reminds me a bit of those hindu towers filled with hindu deities.

S+F!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   
If I squint, I see Mayan carved caricatures or those carvings on Buddhist temples.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I see faces everywhere in those things..
Great artwork

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Looks great what you've done there but to me those pics just resemble faces anyone can detect and there are many faces!

I don't think you have anything specific here.

Have you tried this with other random numbers? Do you see faces there too?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Call me a dirty old man, but the created structures stacked against the wall in that image also definitely indicate male and female genitalia among the other features. And if those are juveniles, then it is pedo stuff.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Cool post! I definitely see the "gray" alien in row 13.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Hmm I actually flashed to the answer in a crop circle? The big one with the alien I think. Grrr can't bring it exactly to mind, but we sent out a binary code describing where we were located in the our neck of the woods planet wise, our DNA, a few things like that, and we got a answer back of where their home planet was and their DNA, and answers to the other things we had put out there. I sure hope someone knows what I'm referring to as my brain is refusing to engage right now.

Anyhow, our picture and their picture really resembled these. I personally think you may be on to something.

Eta: a link of pictures as to what I'm referring too.

Link to pictures
edit on 8/6/16 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
It may be alien dildos protesting campus carry. Just a thought.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
Hmm I actually flashed to the answer in a crop circle? The big one with the alien I think. Grrr can't bring it exactly to mind, but we sent out a binary code describing where we were located in the our neck of the woods planet wise, our DNA, a few things like that, and we got a answer back of where their home planet was and their DNA, and answers to the other things we had put out there. I sure hope someone knows what I'm referring to as my brain is refusing to engage right now.

Anyhow, our picture and their picture really resembled these. I personally think you may be on to something.

Eta: a link of pictures as to what I'm referring too.

Link to pictures

Oops didn't see your edited link with the pics.
edit on 6-8-2016 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

The one with the alien face and code supposedly translates to this.

"Beware the bearers of false gifts & their broken promises. Much pain but still time. (Damaged Word). There is good out there.We OPpose DECEPTION. Conduit CLOSING (BELL SOUND)".

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Yep that's it, Thank you. This is the first thing my mind went to when I started reading the post. Both are based in mathematics yes?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   

There they are! the little ones who leap forth, its been so long..

Huuuuoooorrrrrayyy!

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

Yep that's it, Thank you. This is the first thing my mind went to when I started reading the post. Both are based in mathematics yes?

As far as I know yes.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Interesting read. However I can see only Tetris there. Cheers!

edit on 6-8-2016 by ratskin32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I seem to remember something from Carl Sagan's original Cosmos. *IF* I remember this correctly I remember him printing out the value of PI on a dot matrix printer. After a good number of pages, suddenly pictures of fruit emerged.

I've tried googling this, and cannot find anything. If someone could find it for me, I'd greatly appreciate it.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
As above, so below.

I've started seeing really unbelievable coincidences and correlating information, values across all kinds of sciences, geometry and world attributes. And I'm starting to think the occult, metaphysical, esoteric and other disciplines were on to something. And the push to move away from this, in the materialist-Western belief structure was engineered to hide it all in plain sight.

In other words, you may very well be on to something.

Do you see what I see?

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Mathematics is symmetrical. So are humans. It's natural that under certain circumstances they would look somewhat the same.

posted on Aug, 6 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Nice thread OP.

I like the thinking but I also think it's pareidolia.

Your images could be artist renderings of a movie prop too...

Necromonger dagger from Chronicles of Riddck

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join